Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger is an Austrian-born American actor, philanthropist, bodybuilder, businessman, Republican politician who was the 38th Governor of California. He is a living legend thanks to his passion, hard work, and determination. Motivational Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes will inspire you to chase your dreams.
If you’re searching for best life quotes to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of inspirational lebron james quotes, motivational conor mcgregor quotes and powerful zig ziglar quotes.
Top 10 Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
What is the point of being on this Earth if you are going to be like everyone else?
You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn.
For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
All I know is that the first step is to create a vision, because when you see the vision – the beautiful vision – that creates the want power.
Start wide, expand further, and never look back.
Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.
The more knowledge you have, the more you’re free to rely on your instincts.
Life may be full of pain but that’s not an excuse to give up.
There are no shortcuts—everything is reps, reps, reps.
Best Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.
It’s simple, if it jiggles, it’s fat.
Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.
The best activities for your health are pumping and humping.
Just remember, you can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.
Just like in bodybuilding, failure is also a necessary experience for growth in our own lives, for if we’re never tested to our limits, how will we know how strong we really are? How will we ever grow?
If you want to turn a vision into reality, you have to give 100% and never stop believing in your dream.
Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life.
The difference between those who adapted and those who didn’t, Gorton said, was a willingness to totally commit.
Be hungry for success, hungry to make your mark, hungry to be seen and to be heard and to have an effect. And as you move up and become successful, make sure also to be hungry for helping others.
The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.
If I can see it and believe it, then I can achieve it.
Positive thinking can be contagious. Being surrounded by winners helps you develop into a winner.
From the bodybuilding days on, I learned that everything is reps and mileage. The more miles you ski, the better a skier you become; the more reps you do, the better your body.
If you work hard and play by the rules, this country is truly open to you. You can achieve anything.
You must have a sincere and burning desire to achieve what you dream, dedicate yourself to making progress, and take control of your circumstances to change your body.
If you don’t find the time, if you don’t do the work, you don’t get the results.
I never listen that you can’t.
I like the color red because it’s a fire. And I see myself as always being on fire.
I didn’t mind basic training. It taught me that something that seems impossible at the start can be achieved.
You’ll get more from being a peacemaker than a warrior.
In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits.
I welcome and seek your ideas, but do not bring me small ideas; bring me big ideas to match our future.
I never listened to anyone who said I can’t do something.
I don’t walk away from things that I think are unfinished.
Learned helplessness is the giving-up reaction, the quitting response that follows from the belief that whatever you do doesn’t matter.
You can scream at me, call me for a shoot at midnight, keep me waiting for hours – as long as what ends up on the screen is perfect.
You can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.
None of my rules of success will work unless you do.
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
I never went to a competition to compete. I went to win. Even though I didn’t win every time, that was my mindset.
While you’re out there partying, horsing around, someone out there at the same time is working hard. Someone is getting smarter and someone is winning. Just remember that.
Life’s six rules for success. 1. Trust yourself. 2. Break some rules. 3. Don’t be afraid to fail. 4. Ignore the naysayers. 5. Work like hell. 6. Give something back.
I would never exchange my life with anybody else’s.
Never look back.
Don’t be afraid to fail.
Don’t listen to the naysayers.
Break the rules.
If it’s hard to remember, it’ll be difficult to forget.
The mind always fails first, not the body. The secret is to make your mind work for you. Not against you.
Greatest Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes For Motivation You Need
- What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know.
- It’s not what you get out of life that counts. Break your mirrors! In our society that is so self-absorbed, begin to look less at yourself and more at each other. you’ll get more satisfaction from having improved your neighborhood, your town, your state, your country, and your fellow human beings than you’ll ever get from your muscles, your figure, your automobile, your house, or your credit rating.
- The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That’s what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they’ll go through the pain no matter what happens.
- Rest let your body relax and grow. Work up gradually and don’t blow it. Sometimes you can do so much your mind gets sick of it. Remember what I said earlier: Keep your mind hungry. People have a tendency to overdo things at first and then sluff off.
- I do the same exercises I did 50 years ago, and they still work. I eat the same food I ate 50 years ago, and it still works.
- Give something back.
- I knew I was a winner back in the late sixties. I knew I was destined for great things. People will say that kind of thinking is totally immodest. I agree. Modesty is not a word that applies to me in any way – I hope it never will.
- We always have to go beyond limits.
- When you think you can’t, you better convince yourself you can and push harder.
- Believe in yourself.
- I feel that the highest honor comes from serving people and your country.
- I never felt that I was good enough, strong enough, smart enough. He let me know that there was always room for improvement. A lot of sons would have been crippled by his demands, but instead the discipline rubbed off on me. I turned it into drive.
- Stay hungry, stay healthy, be a gentleman, believe strongly in yourself and go beyond limitations.
- I always stay hungry, never satisfied with current accomplishments.
- You can have results or excuses, but not both.
- If you’re going to wear gloves when you lift, just make sure they match your purse.
- Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.
- Dreams are for dreamers. Goals are for achievers.
- The most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is the pump.
- Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit.
- The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.
- Every morning you have 2 choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.
- Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.
- I didn’t leave bodybuilding until I felt that I had gone as far as I could go. It will be the same with my film career. When I feel the time is right, I will then consider public service. I feel that the highest honor comes from serving people and your country.
- ’I’ll be back’ always sounded a little girly to me.
- I’m addicted to exercising and I have to do something every day.
- Well, you know, I’m the forever optimist.
- Money doesn’t make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million.
- My own dreams fortunately came true in this great state. I became Mr. Universe; I became a successful businessman. And even though some people say I still speak with a slight accent, I have reached the top of the acting profession.
- I came to Hollywood and within a decade I was one of the biggest action stars of all time.
- I have a private plane. But I fly commercial when I go to environmental conferences.
- I know a lot of athletes and models are written off as just bodies. I never felt used for my body.
- I was striving to be the most muscular man, and it got me into the movies. It got me everything that I have.
- If my life was a movie, no one would believe it.
- I went from being the Terminator to being the governator.
- I have a love interest in every one of my films: a gun.
- My relationship to power and authority is that I’m all for it. People need somebody to watch over them. Ninety-five percent of the people in the world need to be told what to do and how to behave.
- People should make up their own mind about what they think of me.
- I don’t suffer of anything that I’ve lost.
- I have inhaled, exhaled everything.
- I have plenty of money, unlike other Hollywood celebrities or athletes that have not invested well.
- Whenever I finished filming a movie, I felt my job was only half done. Every film had to be nurtured in the marketplace. You can have the greatest movie in the world, but if you don’t get it out there, if people don’t know about it, you have nothing.
- I was always dreaming about very powerful people – dictators and things like that. I was just always impressed by people who could be remembered for hundreds of years, or even, like Jesus, be for thousands of years remembered.
- My fellow Americans, this is an amazing moment for me. To think that a once scrawny boy from Austria could grow up to become Governor of California and stand in Madison Square Garden to speak on behalf of the President of the United States that is an immigrant’s dream. It is the American dream.
- We made, actually, history, because it was the first time ever that doctors could prove that a lifelong Republican has a heart.
- Stop whining.
- I was also going to give a graduation speech in Arizona this weekend. But with my accent, I was afraid they would try to deport me.
- The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. You know, you wear regular shirts – not always trying to show off what you have. You talk less about it. It’s like you have a little BMW – you want to race the hell out of this car because you know it’s just going 110. But if you see guys driving a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator, they are going to go 170. These things are the same in every field.
- It took many months in court, but the tabloid eventually published a total retraction and paid substantial damages in an out-of-court settlement. The money went to the Special Olympics in Great Britain.
- From the bodybuilding days on, I learned that everything is reps and mileage. The more miles you ski, the better a skier you become; the more reps you do, the better your body.
- My body is like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don’t think about it, I just have it.
- As long as I live, I will never forget that day 21 years ago when I raised my hand and took the oath of citizenship. Do you know how proud I was? I was so proud that I walked around with an American flag around my shoulders all day long.
- The future is green energy, sustainability, renewable energy.
The Facts About Arnold Schwarzenegger
- What is Arnold Schwarzenegger’s catchphrase?
His catchphrase is “You’re terminated-Get to the choppah.”
- How old is Arnold Schwarzenegger?
72 years old. On July 30, 1947 in Thal, Austria.
- How much did Arnold weigh?
- How long did Arnold train?
Arnold would train six days a week. 20-30 sets for each body part.