A Mother and Daughter relationship is so special, especially when daughters become mothers themselves. It is considered one of the most powerful connections in nature that only mothers and daughters understand and share among themselves. The most difficult part in a mother-daughter relationship is when they see their child make wrong choices in life. As a daughter, you can love your mother or hate her but at the end of the day, she will always be there to comfort you and be your strength in facing all the problems that come your way. Here are some quotes for mom and daughter.
Take a look at our collection of short and inspiring mother daughter quotes that will surely melt your heart. We couldn’t have made it easier to show your mother-daughter love:)
“Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter.”
A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. — Cardinal Mermillod
- A mother is a daughter’s first best friend.
- All that I am, or home to be, I owe to my angel mother -Abraham Lincoln
- “If I didn’t have you as a mom, I’d choose you as a friend.”
- “Mom, because of you, I am what I am today. Thank you.”
- I love my mother as trees loves water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. -Terry Guillemets
- No matter your age, you always need your mom.
- My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her. -Jodi Picoult
- Home is where your mom is.
- I do what I want, when I want, where I want… if my mom says it’s ok.
- I believe in love at first sight because I loved my mom since I opened my eyes.
- The worst sight in the world is seeing your mom cry.
- “There is nothing as powerful as mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul.”
- Happiness is seeing your mother smile.
- I love my mom because she gave me everything: she gave me love, she gave me her soul, and she gave me her time.
- First my mother, forever my friend
- No matter how old you get, sometimes, you still just need a hug from mom to make everything better.
- There will be so many times you feel like you’ve failed. But in the eyes, heart, and mind of your child, you are super mom.
- Every day I become a bit more like my mother… and I couldn’t be any prouder!
- My mother is my best critic, and yet my strongest supporter.
- We laugh, we cry. We make time fly. We are best friends, my mother and I.
- Mothers and daughters will always share a special bond, though near of far apart, the words that would describe it are written on the heart
- Words cannot express the gratitude that you deserve for all that you have done for us throughout the years.
- One of the most important relationship we’ll have is the relationship we have with our mothers. -Iyanla Vanzant
- If I didn’t have you as a mom, I’d choose you as a friend.
- A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with and laugh with all your heart
- No matter what we go through. No matter how much we argue. In the end, you are there for me always, and I love you for that.
- I couldn’t ask for a better mom. Even in your flaws, I saw perfection.
- A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. -Washington Irving
- A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend
- Mom, I cannot thank you enough for what you have done me. You were always there when I needed you the most.
- A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s. -Princess Diana
- When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know. -Charley Benetto
- To the world, you are a mother. To a family, you are the world.
- One of the most important relationships we have is the relationship we have with our mother. Iyanla Vanzant
- Mom, because of you, I am what I am today. Thank you.
- Moms are people who know us the best and love us the most.
- “I asked mom if I was a gifted child. She said they certainly wouldn’t have paid for me.” » Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes
- There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.
Mom Quotes From Daughter I Love You
A mother plays a huge role in your life. She gives us birth and this is the most precious gift we can get on this earth. Why does it always seem impossible to find the words to describe how much your mom means to you? Probably because she has done so much for you and your love for her is so deep, it’s hard to articulate how you feel. If you want to congratulate your mother you should make it in a special sweet way and this can be easily done with these i love you mom quotes.
- A mother… sees all, says little. Sacrifices all, complains little. Gives all, expects little. All she wants is her child to be happy – that’s what I’ve learnt from all these years. Thanks for everything, love you mom!
- A mother can not be defined by words. She sees everything, says something. Sacrifices everything, complains something. Gives everything, expects something. Mom is simply the greatest person. I Love You so much mom. Thank you for everything!
- I love my mom because she gave me everything: she gave me love, she gave me her soul, and she gave me her time.
- If I have to make a perfect selfie. It would not be complete without my mom. Thank you for playing such a great role in my life. I love you mom!
- Ι love you mοm – nοt just because yοu are my mοther, Βut because there is nο one else Ιn the world who υnderstands better.
- A mother’s words of encouragement can be the foundation for which greatness is built.
- A mother – she sees all but says a little. She sacrifices all, yet complains a little. Most of all, she gives all, but expects only a little. I love you mom!
- Mom, we have fought and argued. In return, you just kept a calm mood while I ranted and screamed. I am sorry for being such a disappointment. For me, your heart will always be an open door, please know that I love you so much and nothing can ever change that.
- Mom, I want to thank you for playing such an incredible role in my life. I love you now and forever.
- Mama, you are one of a kind, and I am truly blessed to be one of your children. I’ll always be thankful. I love you Mom!
- I love my mom. No matter what we go through, and no matter how much we argue, I know in the end, she’ll always be there for me.
- If my life had to be fit in a single selfie, it would be incomplete without my mommy. I love you mom!
- A mother’s love runs deep and its power knows no limit.
- Moms truly are the most selfless beings on the planet.
- If my life needs to be fitted in a single selfie, then it would be incomplete without my mom beside me. I love you mommy!
- The world will become a better place if producers will start making reality shows about how amazing moms really are. They juggle the burdensome responsibilities of being a mother and wife, while still carrying that beautiful smile on her face.
- I’m no longer afraid to die since I have already been to heaven and that is when I rest my head over my mom’s shoulders. I love you mother.
- No matter what we go through. No matter how much we argue. In the end, you are there for me always, and I love you for that.
- I am not at all afraid of dying because I have already seen heaven when I rest my head on my mom’s shoulder. You are my inspiration and my favorite person. I love you so much mom!
- Ι may call you mοm but my Ηeart calls you Βestie. Yοur love makes Εvery day of my life Ηappy and carefree. Ι love you!
- While it is true that life is a crazy and that life guarantees nothing, Mom, one thing I can always rely on is your never ending love for me. I love you, Mom!
- Your gentle care, patience, love and encouragement have made me who I am today. I’m grateful to have such a wonderful mom. Love you lots!
- Dearest mother, I know we fight every now and then and we keep on arguing again and again. But please know that deep within, I hope that your heart knows that my love for you will grow forever, I love you!
- A mother is someone who will hear your lies, but will patiently wait for you to admit what you have done. Thanks for bearing with me my entire life mom, I love you!
- It’s hard for me to describe what my mom really means to me. But if anyone wants to know, they may need to get inside my heart to see. The love of my mother is warm, caring, cute and sweet, and these are all what my heart needs I order to beat.
Cute Short Mother Daughter Quotes
Looking for a perfect quote to describe mother-daughter relationship? Well, you have landed in right place. Showing love and care towards your mother or daughter is s great thing; here we are to help you further in it.
Giving her flowers and gifts is surely a good thing. But, even a simple gesture like giving her a handmade greeting card with a special mother daughter love quotes written in it would work even better. In this article we have compiled a number of strong mother daughter sayings. Have a look and see which of these mother and daughter relationship words suits best to your relationship and then you could blend it accordingly in your greeting card or hand written note. Alternatively, you could go a step ahead and take a picture of both you together and add these quotes to it via pinterestand share it there and to your facebook account. It will be a best surprise. You can start your perfect day with funny good morning quotes with smile on your face.
- A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend.
- My daughter is a beautiful gift, that brings warmth to my heart, and brightness to each day.
- Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers.
- My Daughter is super amazing and I’m the lucky one because I get to be her Momma.
- “Daughters are little girls that grow up to become your best friend.”
- “My daughter may be grown up, but she will always be my baby.”
- “Dear Mom, you were first my mother, but you are now my friend forever.”
- “My daughter is someone I dream with, laugh with and love with every piece of my heart.”
- “The size of my love for you knows no bounds. You’re the only person in the world who knows what my heart sounds like from inside me.”
- “My daughter is amazingly awesome. But I’m the lucky one because I get to be her mother.”
- By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she’s wrong.
- Yes, I do have a beautiful daughter. I also have a gun, a shovel & an alibi.
- When you are a mother you are never alone in your thoughts.
- Call your mother. Tell her you love her. Remember you’re the only person who knows what her heart sounds like from the inside.
- “I love you for the little girl that you once were, for the amazing woman you are today, and for the precious daughter that you will always be.”
- “A daughter is a mother’s greatest treasure.”
- “I never knew that my heart could hold so much love until the day someone called me “mom”.”
- “Love is a mother and daughter.”
- I will hold you up when you can’t stand, I will wipe away your tears when you cry. I will fight for you when you give up, and I will love you forever and always.
- I love my mother as the trees love water and the sunshine she helps me grow, prosper and reach great heights.
- Only mothers can’t say they don’t want their children and just go away.
- A Mother’s treasure is her daughter.
- “A mother is never alone in her thoughts.”
- “Daughters are miracles that will never cease to be miraculous.”
- “Her laugh is infectious. Her smile always makes me smile. Her heart is true and pure. But what I love the most is that she is my daughter.”
- “The love between a daughter and mother is forever.”
- “You will always be Super Mom in the eyes of your daughter – no matter how many times you think you’ve failed.”
- “By the time a daughter realizes her mom was right, she already has a daughter of her own who thinks she’s very wrong.”
- “That’s right, I have a beautiful daughter. I also have a shovel, a gun, and an alibi.”
- If you would have a good wife, marry one who has been a good daughter.
- A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.
- I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.
- Everybody wants to save the earth, nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes.
- “Moms are the people who do the work of twenty, and do it for free.”
- “The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life, the stronger she will be.”
- “I see the person I want to be in my daughter’s eyes.”
- “Daughters are heart warmers and day brighteners.”
- “Every day I become a little bit more like my mother. And I couldn’t be prouder.”
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual. But it does come with a mom.”
- Children don’t need more things. The best toys a child can have is a parent who gets down on the floor and plays with them.
- Dear Daughter, If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes. Only then would you realize how special you are to me.
- “My daughter may outgrow my lap, but she will never outgrow my heart.”
- “A mom who exudes self-acceptance and self-love protects her daughter against low self-esteem.”
- “You know you’re a mother when you go to the store for yourself, but you walk home with bags full of stuff for the kids.”
- “My mother always taught me that a woman’s mind should be the most beautiful thing about her.”
Relationship Between Mother and Daughter Quotes
The mother-daughter bond is quite powerful. A woman’s relationship with her mother affects all other areas of her life. In fact, the connection between a mother and her young girl is one of the most imprinting childhood experiences. To celebrate the unique and wonderful relationship between a mother and daughter, we’ve created the following collection of quotes about mothers and daughters. Enjoy these wonderful mother daughter quotes.
This collection of mommy daughter quotes paints a picture of the relationship between mothers and daughters, a bond that has inspired many writers and poets to write thousands of words. But the real significance of this relationship can probably only be understood by daughters and their mothers, who have shared all the moments of joy and grief, anger and forgiveness, and who have come through it all being wiser, stronger, and kinder for the experience. It is a special form of love that cannot be understood without going through it.
- “A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.”
- I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be. But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be.
- The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life, the stronger the daughter.
- “Mother-daughter disagreements were, in hindsight, basically mother stating the truth and daughter taking her own sweet time coming around.”
- “We mothers have a wonderfully precious and truly powerful role to play in the future self-images of our daughters. The truth is, the most effective way to inculcate in our daughters a fighting chance at life-long self-love and empowerment is not in the books we read to them, or the workshops we send them to, or the media we do or do not expose them to, or even the things we tell them, rather it is in the reflection of self-love and empowerment they see in us, their mothers. The model of our own empowerment gives our daughters permission to be powerful.”
- “When I think of the exquisite love and sympathy which might be between a mother and daughter, I feel myself defrauded of a beautiful thing rightfully mine, in a world where for me such things are pitiably few.”
- “By the time you realize your mother was right, you have a daughter who thinks that you’re wrong”
- “From her thighs, she gives you life and how you treat she who gives you life shows how much you value the life given to you by the Creator. And from seed to dust there is ONE soul above all others. That you must always show patience, respect, and trust – this woman is your mother.”
- “Whosoever does not believe in the existence of a sixth sense has clearly not regarded their own mother. How it is they know all they know about you, even those secrets you locked away so tightly in the most hidden compartments of your heart, remains one of the great mysteries of the world. And they don’t just know—they know instantly.”
- “When someone asks you where you come from, the answer is your mother… When your mother’s gone, you’ve lost your past. It’s so much more than love. Even when there’s no love, it’s so much more than anything else in your life. I did love my mother, but I didn’t know how much until she was gone.”
- “My mother was like sand. The kind that warms you on a beach when you come shivering out of the cold water. The kind that clings to your body, leaving its impression on your skin to remind you where you’ve been and where you’ve come from. ”
- “I allowed myself unintentionally to be led to hurt you, my dearest child, for whom I would have given at every moment my life! Reflection came always too late, but not the deserved punishment! My sufferings were great, very great. God be praised that those terrible times are gone by and that only death can separate me from you, my beloved Victoria.”
- “Probably there is nothing in human nature more resonant with charges than the flow of energy between two biologically alike bodies, one of which has lain in amniotic bliss inside the other, one of which has labored to give birth to the other. The materials are here for the deepest mutuality and the most painful estrangement.”
- “Mother! The holiest body on earth without which even god’s existence seems next to impossible. A woman whose sufferings cannot be conveyed. A women whose love cannot be measured. The one who loves you unconditionally and protects you beyond her limits. Yes, she’s the real hero, a true warrior. Who can win millions of hearts just by her tender touch? She’s my bestie.”
- “The thing about mothers, I want to say, is that once the containment ends and one becomes two, you don’t always fit together so nicely… The living mother-daughter relationship, you learn over and over again, is a constant choice between adaptation and acceptance.”
- “I’m blessed and I couldn’t be more grateful. Do you want to know why? Because I’m a mother, but that’s only half of it. I’m blessed because, when I need to, I can still just be a daughter. I get the feeling that there is nothing more precious than to have both of these roles, simultaneously.”
- “How can she explain to Gustaf that within the magic circle of maternal energy, Irena has never managed to rule over her own lifeHow can she explain that the constant proximity of the mother would throw her back, into her weakness, her immaturity?”
- “As a little girl, she remembered many nights just like this one. Taking these long, halcyon walks with her mother; sometimes stopping for ice cream or even a soda and afterward sitting together outside on the apartment stoop to further escape the unbearable heat of their apartment. The interesting thing was, life with her mother didn’t start out twisted. It just ended up that way.”
- “When “Here Comes the Sun” started, what happenedNo, the sun didn’t come out, but Mom opened up like the sun breaking through the clouds. You know how in the first few notes of that song, there’s something about George’s guitar that’s just so hopefulIt was like when Mom sang, she was full of hope, too. She even got the irregular clapping right during the guitar solo.”
Inspiring Mother Daughter Sayings
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and cute mother and daughter quotes, mother and daughter sayings, and love my daughter quotes, collected over the years from a variety of sources. You can also enjoy and share our cute good night sayings with images.
- “I smiled and looked at her- there she was with such a genuine grin and twinkle in her eyes. I kissed my mother on her forehead and took a long look into her hazel eyes. I wondered when I would have the next chance to see her as I whispered, ‘I love you.’„
- A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem. Naomi Wolf
- “On this walk, I’d had so much time and space to actually figure out who I was without my mother’s influence. I understood now: the things that my mother had found made her happy were not the same as the things that made me happy. And I understood: that was okay.”
- A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships Victoria Secunda
- “Daughter, I want you to forgive easily, laugh loudly and never allow yourself to become the invisible, silent woman that your mother was. Daughter, this is how we soften our hearts and become better human beings.”
- As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her. Kristin Hannah
- “The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life […] the stronger the daughter.”
- “My mother is not evil. She is just a perfectly sensible snake, protecting her eggs and making her way in the world as best she can.”
- “It is not the job of the child to protect her mother. It’s the mother’s job to protect the child. By allowing your mother to protect you, you gave her a gift. Do you understand me?”
- “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.”
- “My mother spoke highly of me, and to me. But more important, […] she was there with me. She had my back, supported me. This is the role of the mother, and in that visit, I really saw clearly, and for the first time, why a mother is really important. Not just because she feeds and also loves and cuddles and even mollycoddles a child, but because in an interesting and maybe an eerie and unworldly way, she stands in the gap. She stands between the unknown and the known.”
- “I had never confronted my parents with the true feelings I had for them, and I had certainly never expressed the depth of my feeling for my mother, being too selfish to try when I should have.”
- Mothers of daughters are daughters of mothers and have remained so, in circles joined to circles, since time began. Signe Hammer
- “Lately, Mami’s eyes have been so dark, I don’t like looking into them because I’m afraid I’ll fall in.”
- “The first lesson every child of Athena learned: Mom was the best at everything, and you should never, ever suggest otherwise.”
- “Vividly seeing that love had always been my mother’s guide, I could finally release my anger—let go of it there in the woods—and move past it.”
- “If it weren’t for me, she wouldn’t have to take jobs like this. She would be half a planet away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by moonlight to flamenco guitar. I felt my guilt like a brand…. I had seen girls clamor for new clothes and complain about what their mothers made for dinner. I was always mortified. Didn’t they know they were tying their mothers to the ground? Weren’t chains ashamed of their prisoners?”
- “I turn around, looking for my mother. It’s not that I don’t care about her. It’s just that our relationship is more complicated than the usual daughter-mother relationship. The rosy love I’m supposed to feel for her is slashed with black and splattered with various shades of gray.”
- “I think about following her, but I want to give Zoe a minute alone with her mother. I want them to have the shift and redistribution of their relationship that I never got to have with my own mom, that acrobatic feat of love where everything is turned upside down and yet they are both still able to keep their balance.”
- Mothers and daughters are closest, when daughters become mothers.
- “There are women locked in my womb forever, the memory of their birth. All I can do now is liberate the fruit of their wombs. And it may be too late.”
- “A mother’s love is like an everlasting bed of roses, that continues to blossom. A mother’s love bears strength, comfort, healing, and warmth. Her beauty is compared to a sunny day that shines upon each rose petal and inspires hope.”
Ellen J. Barrier
- “Her voice was perfect, custom-made for my ears. I wanted to hit the record button in my brain and save this all for later. Half of me was listening to her words, but the other half was mesmerized by the melody.”
- “In a corner of her heart she imagined her compassion as kindling that could ignite not only her tender and guarded feelings for her mother, but also jump across the void and ignite her mother’s feelings for her.”
- “Maybe I stepped into the skin my mother left behind, and became the girl my mother had been, the one she still wanted to be.”
- “I got almost eighteen years with you. The best eighteen years of my life.”
- “Out of the corner of one eye, I could see my mother. Out of the corner of the other eye, I could see her shadow on the wall, cast there by the lamp-light. It was a big and solid shadow, and it looked so much like my mother that I became frightened. For I could not be sure whether for the rest of my life I would be able to tell when it was really my mother and when it was really her shadow standing between me and the rest of the world.”
- “Mother’s Day is coming up soon. If you’re lucky enough to still have your mother, tell her you’re grateful to her […] at some point, we must forgive each other for being flawed human beings. Many of us have trouble putting love or gratitude into words, but keep in mind that out actions always reveal our feelings. Always.”
- I am not a perfect mother and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be. But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be. Zoraida Pesante
- “Her religious beliefs went first, for all she could ask of a god, or of immortality, was the gift of a place where daughters love their mothers; the other attributes of Heaven you could have for a song.”
- “That’s the thing about Chinese mothers: hidden behind their maternal expectations and critical diatribes are women who will fight to the death for you. As soon as I called her Mama, Li-Ming would be my strongest ally for the only months I knew her.”
- “She thought, she hoped, that the handkerchief was something fantastic, like a piece of a tale, but real, and just for her, a symbol of the real, hidden love of her mother.”
- “The bride’s getting ready to toss her bouquet, so get me up there! Mom said the day after she turned 96.”
- “Yes, it’s quite amazing how I continue to shock my mother even after all these years together”
- “My mother and my mother’s mother were as silly and stumbling as I am when they were girls… Still, the love from my heart is overflowing, as bright and crimson as the heated metal in a blacksmith’s forge.”
Kim Dong Hwa
- Suddenly, through birthing a daughter, a woman finds herself face to face not only with an infant, a little girl, a woman-to-be, but also with her own unresolved conflicts from the past and her hopes and dreams for the future…. As though experiencing an earthquake, mothers of daughters may find their lives shifted, their deep feelings unearthed, the balance struck in all relationships once again off kilter. Elizabeth Debold and Idelisse Malave
- “If you can’t go back to your mother’s womb, you’d better learn to be a good fighter.”
- “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”
- “In a child’s eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.”
- “I loved my mother too,’ I said. ‘I still do. That’s the thing – it never goes away, even if the person does.”