Sitting here in my bed listening to punk and indie rock, I feel like I need something to stoke my fires again. Something which will interest me and bring me real satisfaction. I know I’m capable of doing so many things it’s just where exactly to channel my needs. I want a new challenge and to give myself a fighting chance of achieving the goals I want to.
Let’s start by going through everything I want to accomplish right now:
- To travel and have adventures.
- A full time job in the Marketing/Media/PR industry.
- Writing a comedy script.
- Being in a band or find a guitarist to possibly form a functions band. Being a paid singer on the side of a full/part time job would be amazing.
- I want my singing to improve and my voice to be stronger.
- In the next few months I’d like to look at moving out of my family home.
- Making new contacts and friends to socialise with.
Now I’m going to look at how I can achieve these goals:
- I’m looking at internships and work experience abroad right now. Particularly in Europe and Canada. If I do some work experience in Marketing or PR this will help my my career and my chances of a full time job in this area. If I don’t do an internship I can perhaps go on a solo holiday somewhere again probably in Europe or Canada or perhaps Asia.
- Well, an internship would help me to get a full time job or I’m also thinking of doing a graphic design course in London which would really help. I’ll also have the chance to meet people in an internship or on a course.
- I’ve already joined a group to find fellow writers and been contacted by people interested in collaborating. I need to have a look at the work of the people interested and then I’ll decide who would suit me best for now. This is another way to meet people.
- This I’m finding difficult, for one reason or another either I’m not suitable or the band isn’t. Musicians are so flakey and it’s hard to find any that will commit and be reliable. I’m going to keep trying. I think improving my voice will help by giving me a better chance which leads me onto…
- Getting singing lessons. I’ve already made contact with a teacher and they seem to know what they’re doing. I’m hoping I’ll get to perform in shows through them and meet other musicians.
- Moving out is very possible as long as I’m earning enough and depends on the job situation. I know now that I’m capable of living alone and I very much enjoyed it. One of the worst things about breaking up with my ex boyfriend was having to live at home again but I intend to move out again when I’m able.
- All of these things can lead to meeting new people and having company and people to socialise with.
You might notice that I haven’t put love or finding a partner in my goals and that’s because right now I couldn’t be less interested in that. I’m still very much in love with my ex and I don’t see much hope for the future love wise but I guess I’ll see what happens. I’ve been on the dating sites again talking to people but I have to say though in the past these people may have interested me, right now I actually just don’t care what they’re doing with their weekend. Having said that I may go for drinks with someone this Valentines week, try and get myself to see dating as fun again rather than a painful minefield.
I want to work on overcoming the challenges life throws at me, life experiences, a career I love and my own home and independence, that’s where satisfaction and contentment lie for me right now.