One of the best feelings in the world is, without question, love. Yet, it’s also such a complex, powerful emotion that it can be hard to define. Cute love lines perfectly sum up the meaning of true love, so you can share with your sweetheart.
If you’re searching for love sayings to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of romantic love songs, best crazy love quotes and top funny love quotes.
You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful. John Green
No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you. I swear it. C.J. Redwine
I am happiest when I’m right next to you.
If tomorrow is judgment day
And I’m standing on the front line
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life
I will say I spent it with you.
We loved with a love that was more than love. Edgar Allan Poe
I wanted to tell you that wherever I am, whatever happens, I’ll always think of you, and the time we spent together, as my happiest time. I’d do it all over again, if I had the choice. No regrets. Cynthia Hand
I’ve fallen in love many times… but always with you.
I don’t need a lot of things,
I can get by with nothing
Of all the blessings life can bring,
I’ve always needed something
But I’ve got all I want
When it comes to loving you
You’re my only reason,
You’re my only truth.
When you love something, it loves you back in whatever way it has to love. John Knowles
And in her smile, I see something more beautiful than the stars. Beth Revis
There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea.
You became the light on the dark side of me.
Love remained a drug that’s the high and not the pill.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and
The light that you shine can be seen.
You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. Dr. Seuss
Do I love you? My god, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches. William Goldman
When the skies are gray and all the doors are closing
And the rising pressure makes it hard to breathe
When all I need’s a hand to stop the tears from falling
I will find him, I’ll find him next to me.
It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you, and to feel a responsibility toward that love. David Levithan
My night has become a sunny dawn because of you.
I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it’s cold outside, I’ve got the month of May
I guess you’d say
What can make me feel this way? The Temptations
Every lover is, in his heart, a madman, and, in his head, a minstrel. Neil Gaiman
I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little. Rae Carson
But nothing’s greater than the rush that comes with your embrace
And in this world of loneliness
I see your face
Yet everyone around me
Thinks that I’m going crazy, maybe, maybe.
My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject for ever. Jane Austen
I’d rather spend one moment holding you than a lifetime knowing I never could.
Could it be I’m suffering
Because I’ll never give in?
Won’t say that I’m falling in love
Tell me I don’t seem myself
Couldn’t I blame something else?
Just don’t say I’m falling in love.
Corinne Bailey Rae
Your name is a golden bell hung in my heart. I would break my body to pieces to call you once by your name. Peter S. Beagle
I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do, right this second. Margaret Stohl
Looking out on the morning rain
I used to feel so uninspired
And when I knew I had to face another day
Lord, it made me feel so tired.
Before the day I met you, life was so unkind
But you’re the key to my peace of mind.
‘Cause you make me feel
You make me feel
You make me feel like a natural woman.
Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would, I’d never leave. A.A. Milne
I do love nothing in the world so well as you – is not that strange? William Shakespeare
Treated me kind
Carried me through desperation
To the one that was waiting for me
It took so long
Still I believed
Somehow the one that I needed
Would find me eventually
I had a vision of love
And it was all that you’ve given to me.
Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you. Jodi Lynn Anderson
When the day shall come that we do part,” he said softly, and turned to look at me, if my last words are not ‘I love you’-ye’ll ken it was because I didn’t have time. Diana Gabaldon
‘Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I’m winning
‘Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh oh.
The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
I am catastrophically in love with you. Cassandra Clare
I took a photo of us mid-embrace. When I am old and alone, I will remember that I once held something truly beautiful. Joe Dunthorne
Every time I see you, I fall in love all over again.
I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you. Jamie McGuire
I love you. Remember. They cannot take it. Lauren Oliver
She was ready to deny the existence of space and time rather than admit that love might not be eternal. Simone de Beauvoir
I don’t wanna wait in vain for your love;
I don’t wanna wait in vain for your love.
From the very first time I rest my eyes on you, girl,
My heart says follow t’rough.
But I know, now, that I’m way down on your line,
But the waitin’ feel is fine:
So don’t treat me like a puppet on a string,
‘Cause I know I have to do my thing.
Don’t talk to me as if you think I’m dumb;
I wanna know when you’re gonna come – soon.
I’m watching her talk. Watching her jaw move and collecting her words one by one as they spill from her lips. I don’t deserve them. Her warm memories. I’d like to paint them over the bare plaster walls of my soul, but everything I paint seems to peel. Isaac Marion
I met in the street a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat was threadbare – there were holes at his elbows; the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul. Victor Hugo
For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home. Stephanie Perkins
If it weren’t for her, there would never have been an empty space, or the need to fill it. Nicole Krause
You may hold my hand for a while, but you hold my heart forever.
The more you love someone, he came to think, the harder it is to tell them. It surprised him that strangers didn’t stop each other on the street to say I love you. Jonathan Safran Foer
If I had a flower for every time, I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.
If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one. Michelle Hodkin
Love Lines from Famous Movies, Books & Novels
- I want everyone to meet you. You’re my favorite person of all time. Rainbow Rowell
- A love story is not about those who lose their heart but about those who find that sullen inhabitant who, when it is stumbled upon, means the body can fool no one, can fool nothing— not the wisdom of sleep or the habit of social graces. It is a consuming of oneself and the past. Michael Ondaatje
- They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don’t think it’s possible for you to miss me as much as I’m missing you right now. Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Yet everything that touches us, me and you, takes us together like a violin’s bow, which draws one voice out of two separate strings. Rainer Maria Rilke,
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment. Sarah Dessen
- Her love was entire as a child’s, and though warm as summer it was fresh as spring. Thomas Hardy
- I have waited for this opportunity for more than half a century, to repeat to you once again my vow of eternal fidelity and everlasting love. Gabriel García Márquez
- How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depths and breadth and height my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight for the ends of being and idea grace. William Shakespeare
- When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun. William Shakespeare
- I don’t care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart. Josephine Angelini
- Love is a great beautifier. Louisa May Alcott
- It is better to love wisely, no doubt: but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all. William Makepeace Thackeray
- Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze. Elinor Glyn
- If you ever have need of my life, come and take it. Anton Chekhov, The Seagull
- But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart. Maria V. Snyder
- Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love. William Shakespeare
- Love starts as a feeling, but to continue is a choice. And I find myself choosing you, more and more every day. Justin Wetch
- Explain! Tell a man to explain how he dropped into hell! Explain my preference! I never had a preference for her, any more than I have a preference for breathing. No other woman exists by the side of her. I would rather touch her hand if it were dead, than I would touch any other woman’s living. George Eliot
- And I’ve realized that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need—love is all there is. Morgan Matson
- I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life. Ian McEwan
- One hour of right down love is worth an age of dully living on. Aphra Benn
- I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be. Charles Dickens
- Love lets you find those hidden places in another person, even the ones they didn’t know were there, even the ones they wouldn’t have thought to call beautiful themselves. Hilary T. Smith
- In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. Jane Austen
- You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought. Arthur Conan Doyle
- Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night. William Shakespeare
- All hopes of eternity and all gain from the past he would have given to have her there, to be wrapped warm with him in one blanket, and sleep, only sleep. It seemed the sleep with the woman in his arms was the only necessity. D.H. Lawrence
- You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught. Boris Pasternak
- He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking. Leo Tolstoy
- No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star. Diana Peterfreund
- People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. Elizabeth Gilbert
- I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough. Nicholas Sparks
- And when one of them meets with his other half, the actual half of himself, whether he be a lover of youth or a lover of another sort, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy. Plato
- I cannot let you burn me up, nor can I resist you. No mere human can stand in a fire and not be consumed. A.S. Byatt
- She was more than human to me. She was a Fairy, a Sylph, I don’t know what she was – anything that no one ever saw, and everything that everybody ever wanted. I was swallowed up in an abyss of love in an instant. There was no pausing on the brink; no looking down, or looking back; I was gone, headlong, before I had sense to say a word to her. Charles Dickens
- We are asleep until we fall in love! Leo Tolstoy
- You are sunlight through a window, which I stand in, warmed. My darling. Jessie Burton
- His examination revealed that he had no fever, no pain anywhere, and that his only concrete feeling was an urgent desire to die. All that was needed was shrewd questioning…to conclude once again that the symptoms of love were the same as those of cholera. Gabriel García Márquez
- I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you. John Green
- He sweeps her hair back from her ears; he swings her above his head. He says she is his émerveillement. He says he will never leave her, not in a million years. Anthony Doerr
- When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are to become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No … don’t blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away. Doesn’t sound very exciting, does it? But it is! Louis de Bernières
- Now, I’m not going to deny that I was aware of your beauty. But the point is, this has nothing to do with your beauty. As I got to know you, I began to realize that beauty was the least of your qualities. I became fascinated by your goodness. I was drawn in by it. I didn’t understand what was happening to me. And it was only when I began to feel actual, physical pain every time you left the room that it finally dawned on me: I was in love, for the first time in my life. I knew it was hopeless, but that didn’t matter to me. And it’s not that I want to have you. All I want is to deserve you. Tell me what to do. Show me how to behave. I’ll do anything you say. Choderlos de Laclos
- I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I can’t do anything but think about him. At night I dream of him, all day I wait to see him, and when I do see him my heart turns over and I think I will faint with desire. Philippa Gregory
- Whatever our souls are made out of, his and mine are the same…If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger. Emily Brontë
- He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of God. So, he waited, listening for a moment longer to the tuning-fork that had been struck upon a star. Then he kissed her. At his lips’ touch she blossomed for him like a flower and the incarnation was complete. F. Scott Fitzgerald