How can we bring peace to the world? Famous peace quotes can give you some answers by broadening your perspective, touching your heart and making you rethink.
If you’re searching for cute happy quotes and encouraging gratitude quotes that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of top happy life quotes, poweful thank you quotes and popular love yourself quotes.
World peace begins with inner peace. — Dalai Lama
Peace is the beauty of life. It is sunshine. It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, the togetherness of a family. It is the advancement of man, the victory of a just cause, the triumph of truth. — Menachem Begin
Peace cannot be achieved through violence; it can only be attained through understanding. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
The world is now too small for anything but brotherhood. — Arthur Powell Davies
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind, he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him. — Buddha
Peace is not simply the absence of violence; it is the cultivation of understanding, insight, and compassion, combined with action. — Thich Nhat Hanh
Love is the purest form of a soul at peace. — Matthew Donnelly
Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace. — Christie Brinkley
Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. — Desmond Tutu
I believe that as soon as people want peace in the world, they can have it. The trouble is they are not aware they can get it. — John Lennon
If you want peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies. — Desmond Tutu
The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. — Douglas MacArthur
Peace brings with it so many positive emotions that it is worth aiming for in all circumstances. — Estella Eliot
When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world. — Maha Ghosananda
If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships – the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace. — Franklin D. Roosevelt
Peace is not only better than war, but infinitely more arduous. — George Bernard Shaw
I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace. — Helen Keller
Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy and serenity. — Thich Nhat Hanh
Peace is not absence of conflict; it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means. — Ronald Reagan
Best Peace Quotes To Get You Thinking
- Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone’s face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come. — Henri Nouwen
- Why can’t people just sit and read books and be nice to each other? — David Baldacci
- Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. — Francis of Assisi
- If you really want to feel at peace, then your goal is to let go of the ego which separates us from being at one with all which is. — Kevin Kerr
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. — Jimi Hendrix
- Learning lessons is a little like reaching maturity. You’re not suddenly more happy, wealthy, or powerful, but you understand the world around you better, and you’re at peace with yourself. Learning life’s lessons is not about making your life perfect, but about seeing life as it was meant to be. — Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- Peace begins with a smile. — Mother Teresa
- Peace in ourselves, peace in the world. — Thich Nhat Hanh
- If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work. — Thich Nhat Hanh
- Be thankful for what you have and all the blessings in your life and you will surely dose off peacefully and wake up feeling refreshed. — Bree Miller
- Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold. — Bob Marley
- Truth will always be the path to peace. — Tsang Lindsay
- You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist. — Indira Gandhi
- We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. — Dalai Lama
- Peace, which costs nothing, is attended with infinitely more advantage than any victory with all its expense. — Thomas Paine
- Even in midst of chaos and heartache, you can find peace. — Willow Cross
- If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. — Thomas Paine
- Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. — Melody Beattie
- If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace. — John Lennon
- You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom. — Malcolm X
- To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness. — Robert Muller
- True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice. — Martin Luther King Jr
- Little things seem nothing, but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually seem odorless, but all together perfume the air. — Georges Bernanos
- If we ourselves remain angry and then sing world peace, it has little meaning. First, our individual self must learn peace. This we can practice. Then we can teach the rest of the world. — Dalai Lama
Famous Peace Quotes That Will Guide You
- I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war. — Albert Einstein
- I have come into this world to see this: the sword drop from men’s hands even at the height of their arc of rage because we have finally realized there is just one flesh we can wound. — Hafiz of Persia
- We must restore hope to young people, help the old, be open to the future, spread love. Be poor among the poor. We need to include the excluded and preach peace. — Pope Francis
- Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. — Amelia Earhart
- There is a higher court than courts of justice, and that is the court of conscience. It supersedes all other courts. — Mahatma Gandhi
- If we desire a society of peace, then we cannot achieve such a society through violence. If we desire a society without discrimination, then we must not discriminate against anyone in the process of building this society. If we desire a society that is democratic, then democracy must become a means as well as an end. — Bayard Rustin
- In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you. — Deepak Chopra
- Let us bring equality, justice, and peace for all. Not just the politicians and the world leaders, we all need to contribute. Me. You. It is our duty. — Malala Yousafzai
- You cannot find peace by avoiding life. — Virginia Woolf
- Make peace with your broken pieces.
- Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles, it takes away today’s peace.
- There is no way to peace, peace is the way. — A.J. Muste
- You were placed on this earth to create not to compete. — Robert Anthony
- Working for peace in the future is to work for peace in the present moment. — Thich Nhat Hanh
- The practice of peace and reconciliation is one of the most vital and artistic of human actions. — Thich Nhat Hanh
- The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it. — Albert Einstein
- Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. — Albert Einstein
- Peace is not achieved by controlling nations but mastering our thoughts. — John Harricharan
- Peace is not the absence of war but the presence of justice. — Harrison Ford
- I see the world being slowly transformed into a wilderness; I hear the approaching thunder that, one day, will destroy us too. I feel the suffering of millions. And yet, when I look up at the sky, I somehow feel that everything will change for the better, that this cruelty too shall end, that peace and tranquility will return once more. — Anne Frank
- Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice. — Baruch Spinoza
- Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures. — John F. Kennedy
- Peace is costly but it is worth the expense. — African proverb
- Peace is the only battle worth waging. — Albert Camus
- If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. — Mother Teresa
- I believe our sorrow can make us a better country. I believe our righteous anger can be transformed into more justice and more peace. — Barack Obama
Thoughtful Quotes On Peace to Make You Wiser
- No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. — Nelson Mandela
- There is something strangely inconsistent about a nation and a press that would praise you when you say, ‘Be nonviolent toward Jim Clark,’ but will curse and damn you when you say, ‘Be nonviolent toward little brown Vietnamese children.’ There is something wrong with that press. — Martin Luther King Jr
- If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another. — Winston Churchill
- The biggest challenge or biggest crisis knocking on the doors of humankind is fear and intolerance. — Kailash Satyarhi
- Peace by persuasion has a pleasant sound, but I think we should not be able to work it. We should have to tame the human race first, and history seems to show that that cannot be done. — Mark Twain
- Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will live as one. — John Lennon
- All we are saying is give peace a chance. — John Lennon
- Every day we do things, we are things that have to do with peace. If we are aware of our life…, our way of looking at things, we will know how to make peace right in the moment, we are alive. — Thich Nhat Hanh
- Peace has to be created, in order to be maintained. It is the product of faith, strength, energy, will, sympathy, justice, imagination, and the triumph of principle. It will never be achieved by passivity and quietism. — Dorothy Thompson
- We who work for peace must not falter. We must continue to pray for peace and to act for peace in whatever way we can, we must continue to speak for peace and to live the way of peace; to inspire others, we must continue to think of peace and to know that peace is possible. — Peace Pilgrim
- Try to keep your soul always in peace and quiet, always ready for whatever our Lord may wish to work in you. It is certainly a higher virtue of the soul, and a greater grace, to be able to enjoy the Lord in different times and different places than in only one. — Saint Ignatius
- The great teachings unanimously emphasize that all the peace, wisdom, and joy in the universe are already within us; we don’t have to gain, develop, or attain them. We’re like a child standing in a beautiful park with his eyes shut tight. We don’t need to imagine trees, flowers, deer, birds, and sky; we merely need to open our eyes and realize what is already here, who we really are – as soon as we quit pretending, we’re small or unholy. — Bo Lozoff
- The earth is too small a star and we too brief a visitor upon it for anything to matter more than the struggle for peace. — Colman McCarthy
- The greatest personalities that ever existed have been those who united human beings and put them on the road toward cooperation and effectiveness and peace. Those whom the world has held highest have helped to unite and not sever interconnectedness. They have not been the destroyers of differences but the harmonizer of differences. — John Lovejoy Elliott
12 Short Peace Captions For Instagram
- Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
- A quiet conscience makes one strong!
- Sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the Gun down.
- Self-talk reflects your innermost feelings.
- War is over .. If you want it.
- There is peace even in the storm
- Self-talk reflects your innermost feelings.
- Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
- Peace is liberty in tranquility.
- Peace and trust take years to build and seconds to shatter.
- Remember your humanity, and forget the rest.
- Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time.