When I think about some questions such as what is happiness and what is self-happiness, I decide to think about all of the little things that make me happy and put a smile on my face. Some days I feel so overwhelmed with my to-do list, so it’s nice to have a list to reference and remind me to stop and enjoy life. It’s so easy to take things for granted and I encourage you to think about the things that make you happy.
What should i do today? Things that Make Me Happy
What makes people happy? Sometimes, what makes you happy is the little things in life. Here are things that make me happy in the chaos of daily life.
- Finding money in my pocket that I didn’t know I had.
- Being asked by someone who cares how I are doing.
- Climbing into bed when I have fresh sheets.
- Being outside when the weather is just right.
- Taking an extra-long bath or shower when I have some free time.
- Smiling at a child I see in public.
- Listening to a favorite song on repeat.
- Cuddling someone before I have to get up and start my day.
- Waking up and realizing it is a sunny, beautiful day.
- Having a long phone conversation with someone I care about and haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Watching the rain fall when I have nowhere to be, and I can curl up on the sofa.
- Watching children playing and laughing together, reminding meof the joy in the world.
- Spending some time with my pets – or animals in general!
- A stranger giving me a genuine smile.
- Having a nice, long stretch when I first wake up to get my body moving.
- Laughing out loud at a funny memory.
- A gesture of kindness from someone in my life.
- A smell I love, from baked bread to a freshly mowed lawn.
- A meaningful, long hug from somebody I care about.
- Putting on clothes after they have been warmed on the radiator.
- Taking a few moments alone when things get hectic.
- Watching the sunset or the sunrise.
- The smell outside after the rain has stopped.
- Knowing all the words to a song on the radio.
- Listening to my favorite artist or album.
- Receiving an email or a letter from a friend.
- The chance to be creative, from painting an old set of drawers to doodling a picture.
- Holding hands with someone I love.
- Puppies in the park.
- Eating my breakfast in bed.
- Playing a game I used to love when I were younger.
- Eating healthy, tasty food that makes I feel good about myself.
- An extra half an hour to snooze in bed.
- Having some time to myself to read a book I love.
- Buying my favorite drink or snack and savoring it.
- Receiving flowers from someone who cares about me.
- Eating my lunch outside in the sun.
- Trying out a new recipe and creating something delicious.
- A gesture of support from my friends or family.
- Listening to a song I used to love and haven’t heard in years.
- Taking the time to help someone with their problems.
- Spending time in my home when it is tidy and clean.
- Achieving a small victory, like fixing the washing machine or replacing a light bulb.
How to Find What Makes You Happy
Figuring out what makes you happy can be a long process, as you will find the same things that make you happy don’t necessarily make everyone else happy. One way to learn what makes you happy is to gather data throughout your days about how happy you are, so you can notice patterns of happiness. You can also learn about your values and pursue new hobbies, as well as focus on some factors that make many people happy.
Let list 50 things that make you happy and link me over! Share with us, if you want, I’d love to see your list.
You may think it’s impossible to be happy being yourself. Every day, it’s easy to wish you looked like or acted like someone else, or had the cushy job or great boyfriend that someone else has. However, until you learn to accept who you are and work to address your flaws, you’ll never grow as a person. Once you read our posts such as the key to happiness and how you can find it and how to find inner peace in your life, you’ll find that being happy with being yourself isn’t as hard as you think.