Famous travel quotes are thought-provoking because life is already a journey and traveling has the ability to change who you are for the better.
What are the purposes of travel?
As a psychologist and neuroscientist, Filep Sebastian said that:
The purpose of travel is connected with building social relationships, opportunities to learn and grow, and commitment. It gives us the chance to be truly engaged in an activity, to develop new skills and to discover new cultures. It brings us closer to ourselves and others. tweet
What are the benefits of travel?
Studies show that traveling can improve your overall health, open the mind to new ways of thinking and enhance your creativity. Most importantly, you’ll gain a new perspective on yourself, your life and your home.
Top 10 Travel Quotes
“We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin tweet
“Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert tweet
“With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” – Sandra Lake tweet
“Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman tweet
“Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret” – Oscar Wilde tweet
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta tweet
“Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca tweet
“Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell tweet
“The pleasure we derive from journeys is perhaps dependent more on the mindset with which we travel than on the destination we travel to.” – Alain de Botton tweet
“He who would travel happily must travel light.” – Antoine de St. Exupery tweet
Best Travel Quotes
- “The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton
- “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness., and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.” – Mark Twain
- “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
- “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times”
- “Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”
- “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- “All you need to know is that it’s possible.” – Wolf, an Appalachian Trail Hiker
- “He who does not travel does not know the value of men.” – Moorish proverb
- “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” – Dagobert D. Runes
- “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
- “No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.” – Chuck Thompson
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
- “All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” – Samuel Johnson
- “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
The Facts About Travel
It is building social relationships, learn while you are on the road and grow up. It gives us the opportunities to develop new skills and discover new cultures.
First of all it makes you to put yourself in a better shape and its also good for your stress level.
Because people likes to make discoveries, meet new peoples around, taste the food which comes from different cultures. Plus making international contacts is a great way to improve for your social skills.