Need some words of encouragement? We all can benefit from encouraging quotes but why?
Sometimes you just feel like you need something to lift your mood. That could happen because of disappointments, challenges, and heartache, or maybe there’s no obvious reason. Our mood just shifts from light-hearted to heavy-laden.
Encouragement. It sounds like such a small thing. Subtle. Cute. It’s what we do with timid kittens. But these quotes aren’t cute. These encouraging sayings are fraught and powerful. When you’re encouraging with short inspiration quotes about strength, life and courage, you’re instilling courage. That’s huge. And that’s hard. And it’s way more compelling than motivation.
Encouragement means empowerment, says Samir Nurmohamed, an assistant professor at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
“A lot of it comes down to guided autonomy,” he says. “So, on the one hand, we know from research that people are much better at work when they feel empowered, which consists of having to mean on the job, a sense of autonomy, a sense of confidence, and also an impact on what you do and the people you’re trying to help. Yet you don’t want to feel so autonomous that you have no direction. It’s one thing to feel autonomous in terms of your motivation, but it’s another thing to be autonomous and go in the wrong direction.”
Here are some encouraging picture quotes that I hope will encourage you. Share them with someone who needs to be encouraged and uplifted today or any day. We’ve selected the very best encouragement quotes and encouraging words from a huge number of sources. Here are the greatest quotes on encouragement, from some of the most inspirational people who have ever lived.
Also, visit our 30 Days to Change page to see our Growth program which helps you to build better habits in life and work.
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. — Albert Einstein
“A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.”
Speak up for today will never come again.
“We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
“Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H Schuller
“It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
- Best Encouraging Quotes That Will Inspire You
- 66 Most Encouragement Quotes
- Inspiring Words of Encouragement and Strength to Uplift Your Soul
- Encouraging Words For A Friend Going Through a Tough Time
- Words of Encouragement From The Bible
- Encouraging Words for Students
- Words of Encouragement for Work
- List of Encouraging Words for Hard Times
Best Encouraging Quotes That Will Inspire You
- For every dark night there is a brighter day.” -Tupac Shakur
- ”All that we are is the result of what we have thought.” -Budha
- ”Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” -Henry David Thoreau
- ”Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.” -Unknown ,
”Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time you fall.” -Anonymous
- “Somehow I can’t believe that there are any heights that can’t be scaled by a man who knows the secrets of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four Cs. They are curiosity, confidence, courage, and constancy, and the greatest of all is confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.”
- “Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.” ~Denis Waitley
- “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” ~Thomas Jefferson
- “The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.” ~Epictetus
- “Be impeccable with your word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.” ~Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” ~William James
- “Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning are where the miracle process all begins.” ~Jim Rohn
- “I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.” ~Robert H. Schuller
- “If it is bread that you seek, you will have bread. If it is the soul you seek, you will find the soul. If you understand this secret, you know you are that which you seek.” ~Rumi
- “Always say ‘yes’ to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is? what could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? Surrender to what is. Say ‘yes’ to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.” ~Eckhart Tolle
- ”Falling in love is not the silliest point that individuals do– yet gravitation cannot be held responsible for it.”
- ”Real love accounts never ever have endings.”
- ”In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.” — Robert Frost
- ”I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” — Bill Cosby
- “It doesn’t matter how many say it cannot be done or how many people have tried it before; it’s important to realize that whatever you’re doing, it’s your first attempt at it.“
- “If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.” ~David Allen
- “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.” ~Dalai Lama
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” ~Helen Keller
- “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” ~Joseph Campbell
- “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” ~Tony Robbins
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ~Thomas A. Edison
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~C.S. Lewis
- “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” ~Victor Kiam
- “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” ~Wayne Dyer
- ”Don’t take life too seriously. It’s not permanent.” — On a coffee mug by Oz
- ”Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.” — Joseph Campbell
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” ~Arthur Ashe
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~Anne Frank
- “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” ~Alexander Graham Bell
- “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.”~Helen Keller
- “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” ~Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Let these words of encouragement inspire you. Great to share with others who need some encouraging
66 Most Encouragement Quotes
Encouraging quotes from others that have come before we are one of the best ways that we can level up our lives. I have always been a fan of encouraging quotes, especially when I needed to get things done and make thing happen in my life and work. I found that reading encouraging quotes at the beginning of my day or week was a great way to keep me motivated as it was something I could use to remind myself of what I was trying to accomplish in my life.
You are often surprised by the power these words of encouragement bring with them. With helping you heal wounded feelings or drawing you out from your self-absorbed attachment. Which sometimes are just hidden emotions full of hurt and confusions.
Although some of these quotes are quite simple in meaning. Still, these could stir up feelings that change how you view some things. Hearing these encouraging words, such as Yoda quotes or meaningful quotes, the change in your outlooks will become so obvious. It will be unquestionable.
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
- “Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.” Donald Trump
- “I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am.” Sylvia Plath
- “I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.” Audrey Hepburn
- “Knowledge has to be improved, challenged, and increased constantly, or it vanishes.” Peter Drucker
- “If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.” David Allen
- “I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.” George Burns
- “The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.” Mother Teresa
- “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.” Dalai Lama
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” Helen Keller
- “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” Oprah Winfrey
- Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” Stephen King
- Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” Joseph Campbell
- “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” Tony Robbins
- “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” William Jennings Bryan
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” Vincent Van Gogh
- “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” Bruce Lee
- “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” Mark Victor Hansen
- “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered–just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” Barrie Davenport
- “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” e.e. cummings
- “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” Golda Meir
- “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” Arthur Ashe
- “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” Oprah Winfrey
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “But failure has to be an option in art and in exploration–because it’s a leap of faith. And no important endeavor that required innovation was done without risk. You have to be willing to take those risks … ” James Cameron
- “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty are revealed only if there is light from within.” Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” Peter T. Mcintyre
- “Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.” Richard Bach
- “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable.” Paul Tillich
- “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” Thomas Alva Edison
- Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people. ” Andre Dubus
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?” Marianne Williamson
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” Brene Brown
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” Dr. Benjamin Spock
- “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worried. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” T. Harv Eker
- “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” Dr. Robert Anthony
- “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” Sir Edmund Hillary
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” Oscar Wilde
- “I had to grow to love my body. I did not have a good self-image at first. Finally, it occurred to me, I’m either going to love me or hate me. And I chose to love myself. Then everything kind of sprung from there. Things that I thought weren’t attractive became sexy. Confidence makes you sexy.” Queen Latifah
- “You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” Buddha
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” Dale Carnegie
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” Helen Keller
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” Thomas Jefferson
- “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” Brian Tracy
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” Willie Nelson
- “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” T. Harv Eker
- “Wouldn’t it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy? This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself. The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out.” Alan Cohen
- “To anyone that ever told you you’re no good … They’re no better.” Hayley Williams
- “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” Christopher Robin
- “You have no control over other people’s taste, so focus on staying true to your own.” Tim Gunn
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie
- “It’s a dead-end street if you sit around waiting for someone else to tell you-you’re okay.” Michael Pitt
- “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” Robert Downey, Jr.
- “If you’re presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything.” Katy Perry
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
- “I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be?” Goldie Hawn
- “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” Rumi
- “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” Jodi Picoult
- “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” Wayne Dyer
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” Tina Fey
- “Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it.” Bryce Courtenay
Words of Encouragement and Strength
Do you need Encouragement? Do you need Strength? This is for you! We’ve selected the best words of encouragement and strength because our journey through life isn’t easy, we know!
Sometimes you have those moments where your dreams seem to be lost and things aren’t going quite as you planned. We all have experienced some kind of setback.
- “Perhaps everything terrible is in its being something that needs our love.” ~Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Hold on to what is good, even if it’s a handful of earth.” ~Hopi prayer
- “Let your soul stand cool and composed before a million universes.” ~Walt Whitman
- “If you are going through hell, keep going.” ~Winston Churchill
- “Tell you, heart, that the fear of suffering is worse than suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream.” ~Paulo Coelho
- “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future . . . but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.” ~Buddha
- “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” ~Deepak Chopra
- “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” ~Greenville Kleisser
- “What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, and spiritually, you will have to change what you think.” ~Dr. Patrick Gentempo
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” ~Leo Buscaglia
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” ~Japanese Proverb
- “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
- “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” – Sarah Dessen
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.” – Anne Frank
- “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is the strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The best revenge is the massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
- “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” – William Ellery Channing
- “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength.” – Corrie ten Boom
- “In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” – Drew Barrymore
- “It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Nothing is more beautiful than the smile that has struggled through the tears.” – Demi Lovato
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King
- “There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.”- Booker T. Washington
- “Problems are not stopped signs, they are guidelines.” ~Robert Schuller
- “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” ~Kenji Miyazawa
- “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands — your own.” ~Mark Victor Hansen
- “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” ~Stephen Covey
- “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” ~Thomas J. Watson
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~Maria Robinson
- “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.” ~Thomas Edison
- “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value. ~Albert Einstein
- “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents — start charging for it.” ~Kim Garst
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” ~John D. Rockefeller
- “Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ~Lolly Daskal
- “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” ~Michael John Bobak
- “When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” ~Audre Lorde
- “A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.” ~Vince Lombardi
Encouraging Words For A Friend Going Through a Tough Time
Challenges and difficulties are a part of life and words of encouragement can often help you get out of your rut. If you’ or your friends are going through a rough time, reading some encouraging notes can help you remember that life isn’t always bad.
PS: When you start to consciously use positive affirmations for love and romance, you’ll not only start to change your thoughts, your life will also change.
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”—Dale Carnegie
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”—Christopher Robin to Pooh, A.A. Milne
- “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”—Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is merely the comparison of one state to the other. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.”—Alexandre Dumas
- “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”―Haruki Murakami
- “Whenever you make a mistake or get knocked down by life, don’t look back at it too long. Mistakes are life’s way of teaching you. Your capacity for occasional blunders is inseparable from your capacity to reach your goals. No one wins them all, and your failures, when they happen, are just part of your growth. Shake off your blunders. How will you know your limits without an occasional failure? Never quit. Your turn will come.” – Og Mandino
- “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” – Joel Osteen
- “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
- “Tragedies do happen. We can discover the reason, blame others, imagine how different our lives would be had they not occurred. But none of that is important: they did occur, and so be it. From there onward we must put aside the fear that they awoke in us and begin to rebuild.” – Paulo Coelho
- “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” —Randy Pausch
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”—Carl Bard
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle Onassis
- “Just because something isn’t happening for you right now, it doesn’t mean it never will.” – Unknown
- “At any given moment you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.” – Christine Mason Miller
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” ― Maya Angelou
- “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
- “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
- “Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “When you’re feeling your worst, that’s when you get to know yourself the best.” – Leslie Grossman
- “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Words of Encouragement From The Bible
The Bible is full of inspirational encouraging scriptures about the strength that is such a blessing to read and memorize. Here are my favorite scripture quotes for encouragement.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
- Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
- Psalm 9:9 The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.
- Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
- Matthew 11:28-29 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
- John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
- John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- Romans 8:6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
- Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
Encouraging Words for Students
No matter what type of student you are, these study motivation quotes will help you focus and see the big picture. In addition to this collection, we’ve also assembled a collection of the finest J. Cole famous and rare quotes about dreams and school. Here you have the best inspirational quotes for students:
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
- “Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.” —B. F. Skinner
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” —Gandhi
- “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drowned your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
- “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking.” —William Butler Yeats
- “Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” —C.S. Lewis
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” —Albert Einstein
- “The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live.” —Mortimer Adler
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” —Abraham Lincoln
- “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.” —Goethe
- “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” —Will Rogers
- “Learning is like rowing upstream, not to advance is to drop back.” —Chinese Proverb
- Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that was given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Be a student as long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.” —Henry L. Doherty
- “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
Words of Encouragement for Work
If you find yourself in a little mid-week or mid-day slump, take a few moments to re-energize yourself with these inspiring quotes. Teamwork is a group of people all working toward a common goal in harmony and unity. Use these teamwork quotes to inspire and encourage.
- “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”
List of Encouraging Words for Hard Times
Having a bad day? Going through tough times? Read through these inspirational quotes – and feel the heaviness lift from your heart. Here are some words of encouragement to help you keep going even when times are tough. These mother daughter quotes will remind you to respect each other, to care for one another and above all – to feel support from each other.
- “Pain is your friend; it is your alive. Pain reminds you to finish the job and get the hell home. Pain tells you when you have been seriously wounded. And you know what the best thing about pain is? It tells you that you’re not dead yet!” – G.I Jane
- Tough times never last, but tough people do. – Robert H Schuller
- “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them. – Unknown
- A problem is a chance for you to do your best. – Duke Ellington
- Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines. –Leroy Satchel Paige
- I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders. – Jewish Proverb
- Prosperity is a great teacher; adversity is greater. Possession pampers the mind; privation trains and strengthens it. – William Hazlitt
- When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better. – Malcolm S Forbes
- If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. – Mary Engelbreit
- “If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” – Unknown
- I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death. – Thomas Paine
- The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant
- The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity. –Seneca
- One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity. – Albert Schweitzer
- Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus
- Adversity is a fact of life. It can’t be controlled. What we can control is how we react to it. – Unknown
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is. – Charles M Schwab
- The true test of a person character is how they stand during test of adversity – Unknown
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
- He knows not his own strength who hath not met adversity. – William Samuel Johnson
- Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus
- I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me. – Dr. Seuss
- In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive. – Lee Iacocca
Build the Life You Want
Change is the only thing constant in our life. Let replace fear of the unknown with curiosity to fully embrace uncertainty.
With creating this powerful mindset, we can see the new pathways that point in the direction of our dreams.
Are you ready to embrace uncertainty and build the life you want?
The world is waiting for us to tell our stories and live our dreams. Let’s get started.
Join now 30 DAYS OF GROWTH without losing any more time.