In many culture, a wolf represents loyalty, strong family ties, guardianship, free spirit and intelligence. Because of that, wolf quotes will give you new thoughts about freedom, success, relationships and being yourself.
If you’re searching for best quotes ever to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an inspiring collection of great quotes on vision, no excuses quotes and motivational commitment quotes.
Top Wolf Quotes
The wolf is the arch type of ravin, the beast of waste and desolation. Theodore Roosevelt
The hardest walk you can make, is the walk you make alone, but that is the walk that makes you the strongest.
Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help. Criss Jami
The tiger and the lion may be more powerful, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.
The wolf on the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill. Arnold Schwarzenegger
Those are the voices of my brothers, darling; I love the company of wolves. Angela Carter
The wolves in the uniform with the license to do that. Ehsan Sehgal
It is much better to walk alone, in the right direction, than to follow the herd, walking in the wrong direction.
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf. George R.R. Martin
The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears. J. R. R. Tolkien
I never lose, either I win, or learn.
There is no better way to know us/Than as two wolves, come separately to a wood. Ted Hughes
Where there are sheep, the wolves are never very far away. Plautus
Be like a lion and a wolf, then you have a big heart and the power of leadership.
That night the wind was howling almost like a wolf and there were some real wolves off to the west giving it lessons. George R.R. Martin
In the calm, deep waters of the mind, the wolf waits. F.T. McKinstry
Don’t lower your expectations to fit into the world, you were born to stand out.
Wolves directly affect the entire ecosystem, not just moose populations, their main prey, because less moose equals more tree growth. Rolf Peterson
As wolves love lambs so lovers love their loves. Plato
A wolf doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of sheep.
We both fell asleep wrapped up together with the wolves still lullaby-ing us in the background. April Genevieve Tucholke
When one runs with the wolves, one must howl with the pack. Leon Trotsky
Your time is now. Start where you stand, and never back down!
The Lord God had created all animals and had chosen out the wolf to be his dog. Jacob Grimm
A wolf is no less a wolf because he’s dressed in sheepskin and the devil is no less the devil because he’s dressed as an angel. Lecrae
Look into my eyes and you will see how bad I want it!
Everyone has a role, and if you act within the parameters of your role, the whole pack succeeds, and when that falls apart, so does the pack.
The Canis Lupus, both wolf and man, were meant to be a family with one another. We gain strength through our bond with each other. Quinn Loftis
It is my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving… But know this: When it comes to matters of protecting my friend, my family, and my heart. Do not trifle with me. For I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.
The wolf will never lose sleep, worrying about the feelings of sheep. But no-one ever told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves. Bray Wyatt
Some people aren’t who they say they are, be cautious of the company you keep, wolf in sheep clothing.
Wolves and Doves mate for life. I hope in the next life I am one of the two. Amanda Mosher
The black wolf’s curse awakes every time that a full moon points in the middle of the sky. Pet Torres
It’s OK to be scared, it means you are about to do something really brave.
Wolves fail to hide their integrity just like the way men fail to hide their own animality. Munia Khan
The wolf may fight the bear, but the rabbit always loses. Robert Jordan
Don’t say “Why they pain", don’t say “Why me". Say “Try me!"
We wear clothes, and speak, and create civilizations, and believe we are more than wolves. But inside us there is a word we cannot pronounce and that is who we are. Anthony Marra
The wolf attacks with his fang, the bull with his horn. Horace
Let go of your fears and chase after your dreams.
The wolves knew when it was time to stop looking for what they’d lost, to focus instead on what was yet to come. Jodi Picoult
Even a wolf knows how to be polite when animalistic humans have no clue about politeness. Munia Khan
Don’t think about the 1 million reasons why it won’t work out, think about the one reason it will!
No wolf falters before the bite so strike no hawk wavers before the dive just strike. Shannon Hale
Don’t be afraid of being different, be afraid of being the same as everyone else!
Leave the pain behind and let your life be your own again. There is a place where all time is now, and the choices are simple and always your own. Wolves have no kings. Robin Hobb
I am not a wolf in sheep’s clothing, I’m a wolf in wolf’s clothing. Ricky Gervais
If you live among wolves, you have to act like a wolf. Nikita Khrushchev
The wolf changes his coat, but not his disposition. Proverb
If you run from a wolf, you may run into a bear. Lithuanian Proverb
Crying wolf may have been the boy’s undoing, but the true irony was that the wolves were always lurking nearby. Wes Fesler
It is madness for a sheep to talk of peace with a wolf. French Proverb
Wolves don’t hunt singly, but always in pairs. The lone wolf was a myth. John Fowles
Talk of the wolf and you see his tail. French Proverb
You know, I’m cursed with morals. I was raised a certain way. I wish I wasn’t. I wish I was raised by wolves. Carson Daly
Live with wolves, and you learn to howl.
The wolf’s clear, intelligent eyes brushed mine. The wolf is gentle-hearted. Not noble, not cowardly, just nonfighting. Lois Crisler
Tis a silly sheep that makes the wolf her confessor. French Proverb
Life is a lone wolf, scratching out a living with teeth and claws and a heart of stone.
It was the possibility of darkness that made the day seem so bright. Stephen King
A wolf eats sheep but now and then; Ten thousand are devour’d by men. An open foe may prove a curse, but a pretend friend is worse. John Gay
If the wolf had stayed in the wood, there would have been no hue and cry after him. German Proverb
Wolves go after a wounded deer, it is the nature of the beast. Barbara Delinsky
Throw me to the wolves & I’ll return leading the pack.
List of The Best Wolves Sayings
- There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls. George Carlin
- If the wolf would cease his running, the people would cease their shouting. German Proverb
- It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion. William Ralph Inge
- When shepherds quarrel, the wolf has a winning game. German Proverb
- Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door. Saul Bellow
- Nobody enjoys the company of others as intensely as someone who usually avoids the company of others.
- The wolves’ prey upon the lambs in the darkness of the night, but the blood stains remain upon the stones in the valley until the dawn comes, and the sun reveals the crime to all. Khalil Gibran
- Man is to man either a god or a wolf. Desiderius Erasmus
- Wolves are the witches of the animal world. Katherine Rundell
- The wolf is an intelligent and cultural animal. Its behavior is not just imprinted in its genes but is also taught from mothers to pups according to circumstance. It knows that a man with a pitchfork is dangerous, and that a man with a gun is even more so. The wolf was different once and was more active during the day. Its [modern] nocturnal activities are an adaptation against danger. Luigi Boitani
- I guess I’m pretty much of a lone wolf. I don’t say I don’t like people at all, but to tell you the truth, I only like it then if I have a chance to look deep into their hearts and their minds. Bela Lugosi
- Some people think the real them is whoever they are when they’re not around other people.
- Wolves ate even mighty hunters, for there was no honor or code among predators, and everyone’s guts steam the same way when torn open on a cold night. Warren Ellis
- All stories are about wolves. All worth repeating, that is. Anything else is sentimental drivel. …Think about it. There’s escaping from the wolves, fighting the wolves, capturing the wolves, taming the wolves. Being thrown to the wolves or throwing others to the wolves so the wolves will eat them instead of you. Running with the wolf pack. Turning into a wolf. Best of all, turning into the head wolf. No other decent stories exist. Margaret Atwood
- Fear isn’t so difficult to understand. After all, weren’t we all frightened as children? Nothing has changed since Little Red Riding Hood faced the big bad wolf. What frightens us today is exactly the same sort of thing that frightened us yesterday. It’s just a different wolf. This fright complex is rooted in every individual. Alfred Hitchcock
- The wolves are never meant to be anything other than defending. They’re not meant to be aggressors. Joe Carnahan
- Yet much remains To conquer still; peace hath her victories No less renowned then war, new foes arise Threatening to bind our souls with secular chains: Help us to save free conscience from the paw Of hireling wolves whose gospel is their maw. John Milton
- You know, he told me once, completely exasperated, you’ve got one glass of water inside your head, with all the tears for a lifetime. If you waste them over nothing, then you won’t be able to cry for real when you need to.
- We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be –the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself. Farley Mowat
- The wolf always charges the lamb with muddying the stream. Elihu Root
- To run with the wolf was to run in the shadows, the dark ray of life, survival and instinct. A fierceness that was both proud and lonely, a tearing, a howling, a hunger and thirst. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst. A strength that would die fighting, kicking, screaming, that wouldn’t stop until the last breath had been wrung from its body. The will to take one’s place in the world. To say ‘I am here.’ To say ‘I am. O.R. Melling
- When a wolf doesn’t want to do something, they look really cute. Michelle Paver
- Wolves together stand howling soft and loud at light, singing family songs. Sue Thoele
- I knew he wouldn’t come, but I howled anyway, and when I did, the other wolves would pass images of him to me of what he looked like: lithe, gray, yellow-eyed. I would pass back images of my own, of a wolf on the edge of the woods, silent and cautious, watching me. The images, clear as the slender-leaved trees in front of me, made finding him seem urgent, but I didn’t know how to begin to look. Maggie Stiefvater
- I think I’m still a lone wolf, internally. And I always will be. Rob Halford
- So, she looked upon the wolves, who were dwindling in number, and back at the humans who no longer cared for their own and combined their spirits. She took the loyal, protective, possessive natures of the wolf and took the intelligence, emotions, and love of the human and brought them together. She designed us to be a pack. Quinn Loftis
- Everyone knew there were wolves in the mountains, but they seldom came near the village – the modern wolves were the offspring of ancestors that had survived because they had learned that human meat had sharp edges. Terry Pratchett
- A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. Lana Turner
- Wolf is the Grand Teacher. Wolf is the sage, who after many winters upon the sacred path and seeking the ways of wisdom, returns to share new knowledge with the tribe. Wolf is both the radical and the traditional in the same breath. When the Wolf walks by you – you will remember. Robert Ghost Wolf
- I woke up one morning thinking about wolves and realized that wolf packs function as families.
- Wolves are very resourceful. All they need to survive is for people not to shoot them. Bob Ferris
- The connection between Mongols and the wolf is… interwoven with religion and folklore. In the Shamanic culture, the wolf is connected with mountain spirits. Children’s fairy tales are often filled with references to the clever and mysterious wolf. With all these connections, I assumed it would make sense if Mongols had a bit of wolf blood in them. And perhaps they do. A legend is told about a blue wolf that mated with a red deer. It was their offspring that spawned the tribe of Chingis Khan. Since Chingis is considered the father of the nation, it’s no wonder why the wolf is held in such awe. Michael Kohn
- Wolves and women are relational by nature, inquiring, possessed of great endurance and strength. They are deeply intuitive, intensely concerned with their young, their mate and their pack. Yet both have been hounded, harassed and falsely imputed to be devouring and devious, overly aggressive, of less value than those who are their detractors. Clarissa Pinkola Estes