If you’re searching for best sports quotes of all time and motivational volleyball quotes that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of top field hockey quotes, greatest tennis quotes and popular football quotes.
Best Softball Quotes
Softball has given me so much in life. It’s taught me the kind of person I want to be and given me a sweet sisterhood. It even led me to my husband. Jennie Finch
I make my weaknesses my strengths and my strengths stronger. Lisa Fernandez
If you look back at yesterday and think it was a big deal, then you haven’t done anything today. Cat Osterman
A true champion works hard and never loses sight of her dreams. Dot Richardson
When we’d play softball, I’d steal second base, feel guilty and go back. Woody Allen
We’re prepared, and we’ve done everything we can to prepare for this moment in time. That’s what confidence is all about. Lisa Fernandez
Anything worthy of your passion should be worthy of your preparation. Sue Enquist
(In softball) Go hard every play. You don’t want to leave anything behind and regret it years down the road that you didn’t give it all when you could have. Ashley DeBuhr
When I lose, I take it very personally. Jennie Finch
I’m sure when the times comes, there will be tears, but there are other avenues that I am embracing with much more passion these days. Cat Osterman
We play this game (softball) with emotion and love. Coach always says ‘Emotionally, physically, mentally – come to the field prepared.’ Because if you don’t bring that to the field, you’re going to get beat. Laura Berg
When someone you have a lot of respect for believes in you, it helps you believe in yourself. Cat Osterman
It’s so empowering to see yourself as a machine. Jennie Finch
It’s (softball is) a game of making great pitches at the right time, being opportunistic by getting a run at the right time and playing good defense. Mike Candrea
The softball gods giveth and the softball gods taketh away, but that evens out over the season. Yvette Girouard
And my dad drilled it in my head, you know, “If you want it bad enough, and you’re willing to make the sacrifices, you can do it. But first, you have to believe in yourself.” Jennie Finch
I didn’t fall out of bed and become an Olympic champion. I worked hard, I was dedicated, and I really worked to perfect all aspects of my game. Michele Smith
I don’t need to be the Number 1 on the team. If I need to hit, pitch, run, whatever, I will do it. If everything was going to be about me, I’d quit. Michele Smith
(Like softball) Life will always throw you curves, just keep fouling them off, the right pitch will come and when it does be prepared to run the bases. Sara Ann Nielsen
Fifteen minutes after a heart attack, if you live through it, you feel like a champion, but unless you’ve been through one, you don’t know what I’m talking about. Eddie Feigner
When I step into batter’s box, the fans, the noise, the cheers, they all disappear. For that moment, the world is just a battle between me and the pitcher. And more than anything, I want to win. Mary W.
Take it one pitch at a time. Take it one day at a time. Amanda Scarborough
Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty. Timothy Keller
Try not to get lost in comparing yourself to others. Discover your gifts and let them shine! Softball is amazing that way as a sport. Everyone on the field has a slightly different ability that makes them perfect for their position. Jennie Finch
I want my (softball) team to be more detached from the wins and losses and be more focused on doing the little things well. When you focus on getting the win, it can suffocate you, especially during the playoffs when the pressure gets thick. Sue Enquist
There is a way to play this game (softball) physically, but it’s the mental part that’s going to separate gold from silver and silver from bronze. Lisa Fernandez
This game (softball) is a game of inches. Sometimes they are going to go our way, and sometimes they aren’t. Ashley Hansen
In softball, it’s not how good you are, but how good you want to be.
A winner is that person who gets up one more time then he was knocked down.
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.
Don’t tell them how good you are. Show them.
It doesn’t sparkle but I guard this diamond with my life.
I grew up on the softball field. Every day I would take my glove and my bat with me. Yoenis Cespedes
Sometimes the only thing fair in life is a ball hit between first and third.
Softball: Where good girls steal.
If you face a worthy opponent acknowledge their skills and show them yours.
Softball is life with the volume turned up, how loud is your game, crank it up!
Softball isn’t a one-woman sport, there are 11 other girls who become your sisters. And don’t forget that you win as a team and lose as a team.
What success is can’t be defined by what other people can do. It’s your success. You define it.
That’s part of fastpitch softball, being able to move runners and execute the short game. It’s a very quick game. Sixty feet, you bobble it once, and these kids are going to be safe. You have to play quick, but you can’t be in a hurry. John Rittman
What I love about the game (softball) is that the game doesn’t know who is supposed to win. Sue Enquist
I’m not exceptionally fast or overly powerful. But I have a good work ethic, and I make up for it by using technique and trying to be smarter. Dot Richardson
One pitch can be the difference between a win and a loss, an error could be the difference. Lisa Fernandez
Sometimes the only thing fair in life is the hit between the foul lines. And sometimes that’s all you need.
The values learned on the playing field – how to set goals, endure, take criticism and risks, become team players, use our beliefs, stay healthy, and deal with stress – prepare us for life. Donna de Verona
You spend your whole life gripping a softball and you realize it’s been gripping you too.
The team with the best athletes doesn’t usually win. It’s the team with the athletes who play best together. Lisa Fernandez
You’re going to be praised and you’re going to be criticized. Ignore both. Neither one matters.
That’s the awesome part. Little girls now have a chance to look up and see women playing soccer, basketball, softball and now hockey – and know they can win a gold medal, too. Angela Ruggiero
Growing up in Georgia, I used to think people up north or out west were so different. They’re really not. They’re just regular people who live in small towns. They grow up and try to raise families and have a job and go to church and play softball. It’s that way everywhere. Alan Jackson
If what you did yesterday still looks big to you today, then you must not have done anything today.
Sometimes it feels like you’re pushing and pushing and not getting through. But there’s so much progress that can’t be seen each day.
Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the name on the back.
I am now and will always be me. But when it comes time to step out onto that field, me gets a little more dedicated, a little more serious, and nobody stands in my way. Caitlin Sumpter
It’s always about wanting to one-up myself from the day before. There’s never an absolute 100% perfect performance but going out and striving for that perfect performance is what keeps me going. Cat Osterman
When all the girls were getting all made up and getting into all that girl stuff in junior high, I was out playing softball or touch football with the guys. Catherine Bell
I’ve had moments where I realize my body isn’t going to withstand many more seasons, but I am very satisfied with my career and I am trying not to look at retirement as a sad thing. Cat Osterman
Your body is not made to throw like we throw. That’s why you see softball pitchers pitching two or three games a day. It’s a natural movement in softball. In baseball, it’s not a natural movement. Jamie Moyer
The strongest players are not always the team that wins, but the players who don’t give up when they lose.
Four bases, three strikes, two teams, one winner. It’s not just a game, but a way of life. Softball, this is my destiny.
Softball is not a one women sport, you have to have faith in those other 8 girls out there with you because you are all playing the same game. You win as a team, you lose as a team.
Softball, it’s more than just a game! Coach Dave
Softball is like love, first, you learn the rules of the game, and then you forget the rules and play from your heart.
Inspirational Quotes On Softball For Pitchers & Catchers
- When you dive into college softball, your life is changing dramatically, and you’ve got to be ready for that. It’s not easy and it’s frustrating. And there’s a lot of hard about it. Life needs to be hard in order for you to know how to be triumphant. Patty Gasso
- The most important thing I know about the spirit of sport… It instills in us the ability to recognize and appreciate the talents of others as well as the gifts we have been given and the ability to work with others as a team. It also allows us to face the challenge of competition, learn from our successes and failures, altogether making us true champions in life. Dot Richardson
- Everybody knows that pitching and defense win championships. It’s all about defense. It’s that way in pretty much every sport. So, if we can pitch and play defense, we have a chance at a championship. But you can also win quite a few games by hitting. Ehren Earleywine
- Softball girls aren’t afraid of a little dirt.
- This game is about the long run. LIFE is about the long run. Pick successes that can build your confidence over time and stay in the process. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, but you can’t see the light if you fall into the trap of all the failures trying to pull you down. Amanda Scarborough
- Realize this: We aren’t going to be perfect with our outcomes/results, in this game of failure we call softball. However, every time you are in a pressure situation it’s a chance to prove that you’re in the ‘perfect’ frame of mind. The ‘success’ and ‘failure’ comes from being in the right frame of mind and giving yourself a chance to have success when the big moment comes; it doesn’t always necessarily come with the outcome, despite what all eyes watching might think. Results will come once the frame of mind has been altered. Amanda Scarborough
- One of the most awesome things about sports, particularly team sports, is that everything you need to do to be successful on the playing field carries over directly into life. In a team sport you have to learn how to work together, to set goals, and then work toward those goals in a productive way. You learn to be responsible and you learn how to not only depend on others but also be independent so you can support others. Sheila Cornell Douty
- I still think there are some pitches in this pitching arm so I will continue playing with USA Softball, but knowing that this could be the last time a softball player stands on the Olympic podium and has the opportunity of experiencing this – it was emotional. Jennie Finch
- Play every softball game like it is your last!
- It’s not just any sport, it’s not just throwing a ball, hitting and running. I live with the cheering of my players while I’m up to bat. I live with the red stitches of the softball rubbing against my fingers when I snap my wrist and let it fly. I live with mistakes every day in it, and I live learning them. I live on the pitcher’s mound where I need complete confidence in myself. I live with snapping my wrist to the catcher and getting the batter out, a perfect strike. I live not only for my teammates but for myself. I live for fast-pitch softball. K.M
- I played softball and basketball growing up. I really wanted to play football but both parents said no. I was mad for a second, then got over it. Now, just because I’m tall doesn’t mean I can play basketball. I was way better at swinging a bat. Jordin Sparks
- Growing up, I looked up to major league baseball players, and now these young women have amazing, incredible women all across the board, from swimming to gymnastics to softball to basketball. Jennie Finch
- Softball player- a girl who, once steps onto the field, is transformed from daddy’s-little-girl into a fierce, unrelenting competitor who will stop at nothing in order to win a game. Characteristically with dirt all across her face, ratted sweaty hair, bloody knees, and dirt stained socks and uniform. She’s a diligent hard worker who knows the real meaning of teamwork, spirit and fearing nothing. Contradictory she personifies all of this while she still wears cute, color-coordinated hair ribbons and sleeve straps.
- The point of the game is not how well the individual does but whether the team wins. That is the beautiful part of the game, the blending of personalities, the mutual sacrifices for group success. Even when you’ve played the game of your life, it’s the feeling of teamwork that you’ll remember. You’ll forget the plays, the hits, and the scores, but you’ll never forget your teammates.
- I played softball. I was on an all-star team. I traveled with the team. I loved it. Elizabeth Banks
- We have North Shore, Hawaii and Lost all there, so they have softball tournaments between the casts. It’s hilarious. Josh Holloway
- Sweat dries, blood clots, bones heal, suck it up, princess. This is softball.
- I don’t know if there’s an actors’ slow-pitch softball league I could join. My agency has a team, but they say it would be a conflict of interest for the people they rep to play because I could hit a pop-up and they’d have to drop it on purpose. Miles Teller
- Once in a while, I played second base; once in a while, outfield. But those were just pickup games and softball leagues. So, when I bought the Yankees, I tried to stay one pace ahead of the players. George Steinbrenner
- When the source is a story. That’s a softball question. Michael Wolff
- I’m a middle-class former housewife who goes to my daughter ‘s softball games. Charlaine Harris
- I was born and raised in Huntington Beach, California. I was very athletic, playing volleyball and softball. I did gymnastics for about ten years, too. Jasmine Tookes
- I just feel like it gets harder and harder every year with Ace getting older and time away from my husband and even family events such as birthdays and friend’s weddings and things that I’ve always just missed out on because of softball. Jennie Finch
- I’ve played with IVs before, during and after games. I’ve played with a broken hand, a sprained ankle, a torn shoulder, a fractured tooth, a severed lip, and a knee the size of a softball. I don’t miss 15 games because of a toe injury that everybody knows wasn’t that serious in the first place. Kobe Bryant
- Don’t let the name of softball fool you, be ready to play hardball.
- Now it’s mainly softball with some friends. Josh Charles
- You spend your life gripping a softball, but in the end, it was the other way around the whole time.
- Life’s hard. Softball’s harder.
- Softball is life, the rest is just details.
Motivational Softball Quotes
Never let yesterday’s disappointments overshadow tomorrow’s dreams. Allison, West Morgan Softball
Worrying about past plays is such a waste of time, energy, and emotion. Know what you need to do in that moment.
Discipline yourself so no one has to.
The true definition of confidence has nothing to do with other people who surround us and statistics on a sheet of paper. The only place that confidence comes is from inside YOU. Yes, you. Our confidence belongs to us, no one else.
The strongest people aren’t always the people who win, but the people who don’t give up when they lose.
I think an athletes mental state is what separates he goods from the greats! Being able to have a short term memory when failure hits is a taught skill and should be something that is practice daily on exactly how you as an individual handle failure. In our sport failure happens far to often so you have to perfect bouncing back fast! Natasha Watley
Softball goals are attained not by strength but by perseverance.
It’s supposed to be hard, if it wasn’t hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.
Somewhere behind the athlete, behind the hours of practice, behind the coaches who have pushed you, is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back.
Dream big and work hard. Play with passion and the sky is the limit. Fastpitch rocks! Jennie K.
I do my job on the mound and then do what I can at the plate, always working on helping the team anyway I can. Jennie Finch
Fresh cut grass, dragged dirt, ring of a bat, a diving catch, a blocked ball, sweating, bleeding and sliding into home. Not a bad way to spend a few hours.
Be that pitcher that every hitter is afraid to face.
But I wasn’t getting in my pace, staying within myself, I was getting a little rushed. So I think I finally took a couple deep breaths and let myself get my timing back. Cat Osterman
It only takes one pitch to make a difference.
Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
When I’m in the game [softball], it’s not so much mechanics. It’s more of just trusting my teammates, trusting myself, trusting my preparation that we’ve put in to get there. When you’re in the game, it’s go-mode. There’s going to be times when you’re tweaking things but when you’re in that game mode, you just want to think about that one next pitch. Jennie Finch
When you’re in a slump don’t lie down and take it. Remember: you’re a fighter.
Before you ask me why my legs are bruised, my knees are scared and my nails are broken. Realize I hit the drop ball, take the shot at home plate and swing for the fence. I don’t play with Barbie’s and I don’t jump rope. If the game were easy, I wouldn’t play. 2 teams, 4 bases, 7 innings, 1 game…FASTPITCH SOFTBALL
Softball is for everyone. Fast-pitch is for athletes.
Good players inspire themselves; great players inspire others.
Famous Softball Quotes About Life
You can’t always control the circumstances – only how you react to those circumstances; you can always control your attitude and your effort. Jennie Finch
Passion is a prerequisite to winning.
I am who I am. I’m going to be who I am. And I’m going to give my all to the game in the way that I do it. Lonni Alameda
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Giselle C.
You only get so much time to play the game. Play it right the first time. You don’t get a second try at life.
To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them. Amanda Scarborough
Don’t underestimate yourself. You are more capable than you think. Keep working. Don’t give up. Jennie Finch
I want kids who are going to go out there and compete, lay it all on the table. I think the big thing about this game is you have to care a lot about it. Mike Candrea
Don’t think you’re to good to sit and root for your team, be a team player.
ANYONE can be on a team, but NOT just anyone can be a loyal leader who people look to and who rises above all the negativity and drama.
We’re going to step on the field knowing that every team we’re going against is going to push their game to that whole new level that we probably hadn’t seen. … We’ve just got to be ready to step up with them. Crystl Bustos
The game begins the moment you forget you’re playing.
When life throws you a curveball, SWING!
I really didn’t have my best stuff. My drop ball was inconsistent and they had a good game plan. I stopped worrying about striking people out and just focused on getting people out. Cat Osterman
Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing.
Play the ball; don’t let the ball play you.
Let your faith shine on and off the field. People are watching; this is your mission field.
I do not just want to be just another face. What I want is to go out there and prove something on the field. Jennie Finch
The pitcher’s mound is a place where I can feel powerful, confident and in control.
Every time you go out there, you want to be a little nervous, have a little bit of butterflies in your stomach and get the juices flowing. Taryne Mowatt
When the game is over leave it on the field.
Passion creates work ethic. Work ethic creates possibilities. Possibilities create happiness.
As an athlete it feels so natural to stick with your strengths and never really evolve. To stay ahead of the trends, it’s so important to constantly evolve and reinvent daily to stay ahead of the curve. Natasha Watley
Playing fast pitch softball against me is as close to death as you’re gonna get.
Strawberry’s always hurt less when the umpire calls you safe.
Bruised, bloody, broken, all for this sport. I’ll never hold back. I play it, love it, and live it. Softball, my sport, my love, my life.
A boy once told me that I play like a girl. I told him if he tried a little harder, he could too.
Softball: It’s in my DNA.
Hey softball pitcher: be that player that coaches warn their team about.
There is no place like home base.
Play like there is no tomorrow.
The Softball Pitcher’s Motto: Stay calm and throw strikes.
Play with Heart!
Train insane or stay the same.
It’s not about the pieces, but how they work together.
Four bases, three outs, two teams, one winner.
Keep calm and play softball.
Talent is nothing without dedication.
Good girls steal. Good catchers make them pay.
If it’s a ball we take it if it’s a strike we rake it, and if it’s a play we make it!
You play the way you practice.
Keep swinging. Our catcher likes the cool breeze.