While backstabbing friends are a part of life, profound and eye-opening betrayal quotes will help you heal from it and inspire you to move forward.
If you’re searching for best quotes ever that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of famous fake friends quotes, disappointment quotes images, and quotes on healing.
Backstabbers specialize in saying the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong person. – Les Parott tweet
If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. – Epictetus tweet
Your life must be filled with such incredible loneliness that your only joy comes from destroying everyone else’s happiness. – Mary Margaret tweet
Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They’re only powerful when you got your back turned. – Eminem tweet
You know that you have been stabbed when you feel the deep pain of betrayal. – Les Parrott tweet
Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you. – Sherrilyn Kenyon tweet
False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us when we cross into the shade. – Christian Nevell Bovee tweet
To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal. – Malcolm X tweet
It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. – William Blake tweet
You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I’ll rise. – Maya Angelou tweet
There are many backstabbing friends who in your hard time will ignore you, without to ask something from them. You just are filled with sadness and they don’t confide in you anymore. The downside of your hard time is being considered rude, negative, boorish and insistent. – Camelia C. tweet
All trust involves vulnerability and risk, and nothing would count as trust if there were no possibility of betrayal. – Robert C. Solomon tweet
Be certain that he who has betrayed thee once will betray thee again. – Johann Caspar Lavater tweet
Backstabbing, gossiping, greed and power games are a sign of an unhealthy organization. – Rhoberta Shaler tweet
No one ever really pays for betrayal in silver…. The price of any betrayal always comes due in flesh. – Stephen King tweet
I know of one man who spent his best energies backstabbing. – George Mazzei tweet
Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it. – Christine Feehan tweet
Betrayal does that betrays the betrayer. – Erica Jong tweet
Bestfriends has 11 letters, but so does Backstabber. – Wiz Khalifa tweet
I’ll bet you would not list gossip, backstabbing or negativity as one of the desirable values you hold dear. – Rhoberta Shaler tweet
Best Backstabbing Friends Sayings
- It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it? – Nicole Richie
- Although I’m proposing these two rules to strengthen your ability to deal with backstabbing, you’re still going to have to protect yourself – you don’t want to get stabbed in the front for your troubles. – Ronny J. Coleman
- Backstabbing occurs when a coworker lies low on a project and then grabs credit when it’s nearing completion. – Les Parrott
- Trust is a fragile thing once earned, it affords us tremendous freedom, but once trust is lost, it can be impossible to recover of course the truth is, we never know who we can trust. Those we’re closest to can betray us. – Mary Alice Young
- Be careful to whom you trust. Betrayal always come from the persons you trusted. – Anurag Prakash Ray
- Backstabbing occurs when a friend agrees with you when the two of you are alone but later sides with your opponents in a social setting. – Les Parrott
- We can tolerate our true enemies, but not the back stabbers and betrayers. – Sanji Paul Arvind
- Backstabbing occurs when you share a confidence with someone at church only to learn later that the person has told your story on the prayer chain. – Les Parrott
- Betrayal is the only truth that sticks. – Arthur Miller
- Backstabbing is nothing new. In biblical times, King David experienced the pain of betrayal. – Les Parrott
- I would never betray a friend to serve a cause. Never reject a friend to help an institution. Great nations may fall in ruin before I would sell a friend to save them. – Edward Abbey
- Backstabbing, by the way, is not to be confused with a minor slipup like canceling lunch at the last minute or neglecting to return a phone call. – Les Parrott
- FIDELITY, n. A virtue peculiar to those who are about to be betrayed. – Ambrose Bierce
- When you betray somebody else, you also betray yourself. – Isaac Bashevis Singer
- One of the favorite pastimes of Backstabbers is recounting slights and grievances they’ve carried for years. – Les Parrott
- There are three signs of a hypocrite: when he speaks he speaks lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it, and when he is trusted he betrays his trust. – Muhammad
- I am grateful to those who have betrayed me… They thought they were just stabbing me in the back, but they were also cutting me free from their poisonous life. – Steve Maraboli
- Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back.
- We have to distrust each other. It is our only defense against betrayal. – Tennessee Williams
- Never trust on unknown hands, you will never know how they stand by you and back stab with their brains. – Debolina Bhawal
Top Backstabbing Quotes about Fake Friends or Family Members
- If you are protecting yourself against a backstabbing co-worker or underling that is another matter. No one should feel bad about staying alive when under direct attack. – George Mazzei
- An open enemy is better than a false friend. – Greek Proverb
- Stab the body and it heals but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime. – Mineko Iwasaki
- One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though … betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope. – Steven Deitz
- Sometimes your dearest friend whom you reveal most of your secrets to becomes so deadly and unfriendly without knowing that they were not really your friend. – Michael Bassey Johnson
- They talk of a man betraying his country, his friends, his sweetheart. There must be a moral bond first. All a man can betray is his conscience. – Joseph Conrad
- If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country. – E. M. Forster
- Don’t worry about the people from your past, there’s a reason why they didn’t make it to your future.
- There must be love, and understanding, to betray. Most men haven’t the wit or the honor for betrayal: not to know it when they see it; not the stomach to apprehend it as they do it. Most men, blind and dumb in their self-centeredness, don’t betray they merely disappoint. – Janet Morris
- Sometimes it’s not the people who change, it’s the mask that falls off.
- People are complicated creatures. On the one hand, able to perform great acts of charity. On the other, capable of the most underhanded forms of betrayal. It’s a constant battle that rages within all of us. – Mary Alice Young
- Watching my back is the perfect opportunity to stick a knife in it. – Holly Black
- It’s particularly hard to take being stabbed in the back close to home. There’s always a feeling of betrayal when people of your own group oppose you. – Catharine MacKinnon
- To understand loyalty, you need to experience betrayal. – Thomas
- It wasn’t the knife your friend stab me in the back with that hurt me. It was the dagger of your silent acceptance.
- You stabbed me then pretend you were the one who was bleeding.
- Looking for your knife? You should try my back, that’s where I’ve last seen it.
- Many times, you are the single most significant and glorious thing that has ever happened in the lives of some people; they sit around and talk about you over and over again throughout the years while you are out there living your life, every step that you take and every kiss that you make having absolutely nothing to do with them, at all! – C. JoyBell C.
- A man who trusts can never be betrayed, only mistaken. – Cally