Having a sister makes you happier and more optimistic, according to many studies. So, don’t ever underestimate the bond of a great sisterhood. Meaningful sister quotes will remind you the beauty of sibling relationship and also you can send text sister to make here smile.
If you’re searching for best family quotes and top mom quotes that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of cute father daughter quotes, best brother quotes and popular mother son quotes.
A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. Isadora James
There’s a special kind of freedom sisters enjoy. Freedom to share innermost thoughts, to ask a favor, to show their true feelings. The freedom to simply be themselves.
Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow. Benjamin Disraeli
Our name for each other is ‘Sissy.’ One name, two sisters, our shorthand whether we are separated by a room or by an ocean. A word to which we both instinctively answer and turn. Because, after everything, we are sisters first. Jenna Bush Hager
When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us? Pam Brown
Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister? Alice Walker
Sisters are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way. Pamela Dugdale
You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you. George R.R. Martin
You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not. Jodi Picoult
Husbands come and go; children come and eventually they go. Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that’s never lost is your sister. Gail Sheeny
Sometimes being a sister is even better than being a princess.
There is no time like the old time, when you and I were young. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. Margaret Mead
A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double. Toni Morrison
You know full well as I do the value of sisters’ affections; there is nothing like it in this world. Charlotte Bronte
I realized that my relationship to feminism, to other women, was deeply affected by my relationship to my sister. Patricia Foster
Sister is our first friend and second mother. Sunny Gupta
If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater. Pam Brown
One’s sister is part of one’s essential self, an eternal presence of ones’ heart, soul and memory. Susan Cabil
Children of the same family have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply. Jane Austen
There’s nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister. Tia Mowry
I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see, I sought my god, but my god eluded me; And then I sought my sisters and my brothers, and in them I found all three. Baba Amte
Both within the family and without, our sisters hold up our mirrors: our images of who we are and of who we can dare to become. Elizabeth Fishel
Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that’s never lost is your sister. Gail Sheeny
No one knows better than a sister how we grew up, and who our friends, teachers and favorite toys were. No one knows better than she. Dale V. Atkins
I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister; this makes me feel that I know always where I belong. Jose Carreras
So distant but so close. So different but so similar. That’s why I love my sister. Maxime Lagacé
Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart – oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape – of your sister. Katherine Mansfield
Life’s a battlefield, and we remain loyal to those who fight for us; those who’d die for us. Crystal Woods
A sister smiles when one tells one’s stories – for she knows where the decoration has been added. Chris Montaigne
I’ve known every love possible, but as the years stretched out, the love I longed for the most is the one I shared with my sister. Josephine Angelini
From the psychological jousting between sisters in the early family arena emerge the first tentative boundaries of their personalities. Elizabeth Fishel
She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. Barbara Alpert
There is no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. Lady Mary Montagu
To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident… it is to have a soul mate for life. Victoria Secunda
Even though I can’t solve your problems, I will be there as your sound board whenever you need me. Sandra K. Lamberson
Brothers and sisters are one of the constant things in the lives of many people. Richard Branson
My sister accommodates me, never reproaches me with her doctrine, never tries to change me. She accepts and loves me, despite our differences. Joy Harjo
Sisters. Because we all need someone who will defend us behind our back and then call us on our shit to our face. Brooke Hampton
Your sisters are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were. Betsy Cohen
Parents die, daughters grow up and marry out, but sisters are for life. Lisa Lee
One of the best things about being an adult is the realization that you can share with your sister and still have plenty for yourself. Betsy Cohen
You’re not my best friend. You’re my sister, and that’s more. Jenny Han
Sisters examine each other so they can have a map for how they should behave. Michael D. Kahn
A sister is both your mirror and your opposite. Elizabeth Fishel
What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it? James DeVries
Appreciation is a word that describes how I feel for my sister being a part of my life. Kate Summers
The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend. Cali Rae Tumer
Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don’t love you, they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends. Deborah Moggach
We didn’t want to admit it then, but we were friends. Best friends. Shannon Celebi
You need to look out for your sister; you need to treat her well because family is always going to be the most important thing. Melony Buenger
There’s no better friend than a sister. Mary Engelbreit
Sisters are connected throughout their lives by a special bond- whether they try to ignore it or not. For better or for worse, sisters remain sisters, until death do them part. Brigid McConville
A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. Marion C. Garretty
Sister dear, never fear God will help you if you try. Do not despair, but always care to be good and love to try. Anna Alcott
A ministering angel shall my sister be. William Shakespeare
Each family of sisters has a language and a turn of phrase all its own. Barbara Mathias
She’s my sister, my best friend, my soul mate and the best part of me.
My first job is big sister and I take that very seriously. Venus Williams
I’m the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don’t have anything. I love her too much. Venus Williams
She is the mother I never had, she is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don’t know a better person. Oprah Winfrey
Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other. Carol Saline
We’re sisters. You’re my family what is you is me. There’s nothing that you could ever say to make me let go. I love you.
The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. Marilyn Monroe
Cute and Funny Sister Quotes That Will Make You Hug Your Sister
- Each one of us is responsible for the whole of humankind. We need to think of each other really as brothers and sisters and to be concerned for each other’s welfare. Dalai Lama
- The good news is that no matter how the communication methods have changed, the importance of our friends – the people who get us up, get us going, and get us through – will never change. Lian Dolan
- Until blacks and whites see each other as brother and sister, we will not have parity. It’s very clear. Maya Angelou
- My sister was the one who showed me what women of faith look like. She taught me how to live. She made me proud of our family. Caroline Burns
- My sister is my hero. Patrick J. Adams
- Sisters make the best friends in the world. Marilyn Monroe
- My sisters are my favorite people on earth. Ryan Phillippe
- Sisterhood is powerful. Robin Morgan
- Yes you can, sister! Joyce Meyer
- Be kind to thy sister. Not many may know the depths of true sisterly love. Margaret Courtney
- Shoulder to shoulder, sister. Brené Brown
- Unconditional love; the definition of sister. Alicia Cook
- As long as they were together, there was nothing to be afraid of. Kristen Ciccarelli
- Sisters take care of each other, watch out for each other, comfort for each other and are there for each other through thick and thin.
- Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be. Toni Morrison
- I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness. Emily Dickinson
- Always have something to look forward to, someone to share it with and always try to make a difference. Rosemary Conley
- My sister, even though we go separate ways, we have a bond that no one will ever break. Kate Summers
- A sister is someone who loves you from the heart. No matter how much you argue you cannot be drawn apart. She is a joy that cannot be taken away. Once she enters your life, she is there to stay. Shiva Sharma
- The best sibling you can have is a brother or sister who pushes you to 10X levels of success! Grant Cardone
- How do people make it through life without a sister? Sara Corpening
- But most are like my sister and me… linked by volatile love, best friends who make other best friends ever so slightly less best. Patricia Volk
- A toast once heard: To my big sister, who never found her second Easter egg until I’d found my first. Robert Brault
- I suppose there are sisters that don’t compete. I have never met one. Lisa Grunwald
- Five sisters. That must have been hell. Amy McAuley
- More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good. Linda Sunshine
- Sisters become more beautiful as each day passes by. Michelle Malm
- The typewriting machine, when played with expression, is no more annoying than the piano when played by a sister or near relation. Oscar Wilde
- A sister is everything you wish you could be and everything you wish you weren’t. M. Molly Backes
- As anybody with two older sisters can tell you, a closed door is like a red rag to a bull. It cannot go unchallenged. Alan Bradley
- My sister is a mess. I love her to death, but she is a mess. RJ Mitte
- The last thing May says to me is When our hair is white, we’ll still have our sister love. Lisa See
- A sister travels with you always. She is only a whisper or a thought or a prayer away..She moves through our lives with us. Roxie Kelley
- Do you forget that I am your sister?. No; I’ve never been granted the opportunity to forget it. Georgette Heyer
- In thee my soul shall own combined the sister and the friend. Catherine Killigrew
- What is a sister – someone to confide in, a girl that bosses you about, a person that sides with you, a friend for life, a younger mother, someone who hogs the shower, smells like a chemist shop, a person who’s understanding. That’s a sister. Louise Dye
- She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child. Barbara Alpert
- You can kid the world, but not your sister. Charlotte Gray
- Sisters touch your heart in ways no other could. Sisters share . . . their hopes, their fears, their love, everything they have. Real friendship springs from their special bonds. Carrie Bagwell
- Sisters, as you know, also have a unique relationship. This is the person who has known you your entire life, who should love you and stand by you no matter what, and yet it’s your sister who knows exactly where to drive the knife to hurt you the most. Lisa See
- It is strange how sisters can be saviors or strangers and sometimes a bit of both. Amanda Lovelace
- I wanted only a familiar voice, someone who knew me. Not some earlier, larval version of myself. Jennifer Haigh
- A sister is often a mentor, a guide, and a best friend especially at a time of need. Debasish Mridha
I Love My Sister Quotes To Describe Your Unbreakable Bond
- You can’t think how I depend on you, and when you’re not there the colour goes out of my life. Virginia Woolf
- A sister takes in pride with you. She is like a girl you can trust with all of your secrets. Kortney Cobbley
- We are sisters. We will always be sisters. Our differences may never go away, but neither, for me, will our song. Elizabeth Fishel
- Her heart was like a great road with room for everyone. Lisa See
- We acquire friends and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory. Evelyn Loeb
- What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention. Claire Cook
- Sisterly love is, of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions. Ugo Betti
- There is a language every sister knows, a language tender beyond words and rarely spoken. It runs like a string between two hearts, and we only pluck that string in times of trouble. This night […] we speak as sisters. Kathleen Baldwin
- Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form. Jeffrey Kluger
- Fidelity is the sister of justice. Horace
- Foolishness is indeed the sister of wickedness. Sophocles
- A sister in a friend will come and go but a friend in a sister will always remain.
- A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life. Deborah Tannen
- My sister is the one person who truly knows me, as I know her. Lisa See
- Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there. Amy Li
- The best advice my mother ever gave me: ‘Be nice to your sister. Your friends will come and go, but you will always have your sister. And I promise that someday she will be your best friend.
- There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. Mary Montagu
- Sister you were the one I always told on, now you’re the friend I always lean on.
- Happiness is a cup of tea and a chat with your sister.
- Comfort is knowing your sister is there when you need her most.
- It’s nice to grow up with a sister; someone to lean on, to count on, and to tell on.
- A sister is a friend you don’t have to avoid the truth with. Michelle Malm
- Bond is stronger than blood. The family grows stronger by bond. Itohan Eghide
- A sister will always notice her sister’s first gray hairs with glee. Allison M. Lee
- Sisterhood and brotherhood are a condition people have to work at. Maya Angelou
- She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling even in the dark. Barbara Alpert
- Sisters are like cookies and milk… Whether things are sweet or crummy, they’re better together.
- Sisterhood is not a destination. But a journey.
- Sisters don’t need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks – expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Pam Brown
- To the outside world we all grow old. But not sisters. We know each other as we always were. We live outside the touch of time. Clara Ortega
- Sisterhood was about shared experiences, trust, knowing you had people who would be there for you and would listen to you no matter what, and who could always tell if there was something wrong. Michelle Madow
- They were the ones who, with a single look, knew if you were about to burst into giggles or into tears and why. Michelle Madow
- Of two sisters, one is always the watcher, one the dancer. Louise Glück
- You mess with my sister, you’re messing with me! Loretta Livingstone
- A little sister time is good for the soul.
- That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be. Gemma Burgess
- She’ll go and fall in love, and there’s an end of peace and fun, and cozy times together. Louisa May Alcott
- An older sister is a friend and defender – a listener, conspirator, a counsellor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too. Pam Brown
- The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble. Clara Ortega
- Little sisters can be a pain, but the big sister heroine worship can’t be beat. Allison M. Lee
- A younger sister is someone who trusts you to defend her. Someone who thinks you know the answers to almost everything. Pam Brown
- Elder sisters never can do younger ones justice! Charlotte M. Yonge
- She’s my little sister. Mine to torture and mine to protect. Julia Quinn
- Two are better than one… for if they fall one will lift up the other.
- As I grew up, one of my strongest allies has been my sister. Patti Smith
- My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder whose memories belong to whom. Shannon Celebi
- She is the only person left in the world who shares my memories of our childhood, our parents, our Shanghai, our struggles, our sorrows, and, yes, even our moments of happiness and triumph. Lisa See
- You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories. Deborah Moggach
Meaningful Sister Bond Quotes and Sayings Your Big or Little Sis Needs to Hear from You
- We may look old and wish to the outside world, but to each other, we are still in junior school. Charlotte Gray
- Being sisters means you always have back up.
- Sisters are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
- Back in time it seemed that having a sister were a tragedy. Instead it is one of the best presents my parents could have ever given me. Sara Anzellotti
- Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply. Jane Austen
- A sister is someone who owns part of what you own: a house, perhaps, or a less tangible legacy, like memories of your childhood and the experience of your family. Deborah Tannen
- Nobody could hold the same place in your heart as your sister. Love or hate her, she was the only person who grew up exactly like you, who knew the secrets of your household. Jessica Taylor
- Only your sister could know how it felt to grow up in the house that made you you. Jessica Taylor
- Sisters share childhood memories and grown up dreams.
- When traveling life’s journey it’s good to have a sister’s hand to hold on to.
- Sisters make the bad times good and the good times unforgettable.
- I may not be able to solve all of your problems, but I promise you won’t have to face them alone.
- When you can’t look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark. Alice in Wonderland
- She stands firmly on her own two feet, and I just behind her; should she ever need me. J. Iron Word
- Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers.
- Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree.
- That was the thing about best friends. Like sisters and mothers, they could piss you off and make you cry and break your heart, but in the end, when the chips were down, they were there, making you laugh even in your darkest hours. Kristen Hannah
- Sisters are reliably good for two things: hating and loving. Jessica Knoll
- My sister has been there for me through everything. Brad Goreski
- Side by side or miles apart we are sisters connected by the heart.
- Sisters are the second blessing after parents.
- Sisters are like cats. They claw each other all the time but still snuggle up and daydream together.
- A sister is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.
- Sisters may drive you crazy, get into your stuff and irritate you. However, if anyone else dares say so, a sister will defend you to the death.
- Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. Barbara Alpert
- That’s what sisters do: we argue, we point out each other’s frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we’ve had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time. Lisa See
- A perfect sister I am not, but thankful for the one I’ve got.
- Never let an angry sister comb your hair. Patricia McCann
- Our paths may change as life goes along but our bond as sisters will remain ever strong.
- Love is close to hate when it comes to sisters. You’re as close as two humans can be. You came from the same womb. The same background. Even if you’re poles apart, mentally. That’s why it hurts so much when your sister is unkind. It’s as though part of you is turning against yourself. Jane Corry
- You can be boring and tedious with sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends. Deborah Moggach
- If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. Linda Sunshine
- You must recognize that the way to get the good out of your brother and your sister is not to return evil for evil. Louis Farrakhan
- Sisters are for sharing laughter and wiping tears.
- Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five. Pam Brown
- Sisters share a bond unlike any other – thornier, but also tender, full of possibility. Joy McCullough
- At this point, none of us are sure why we fight. We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight, even though we have plenty of them. Ken Wheaton
- I love my sister. She is simply amazing and I just couldn’t imagine my life without her.
- Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy. Jojo Moyes
- A sister is God’s way of proving he doesn’t want us to walk alone.
- Never sever ties with a family member you once loved. Each of you might be on different spiritual paths, but both trails are leading you home. Shannon L. Alder
- How the hell do you sum up your sister in three minutes? She’s your twin and your polar opposite. She’s your constant companion and your competition. She’s your best friend and the biggest bitch in the world. She’s everything you wish you could be and everything you wish you weren’t. M. Molly Backes