What are the benefits of the smile?
Smile lead boundaries to melt, hearts to warm up, and distances to reduce. But smiling and laughter are beneficial for your mind, body and overall well-being.
As a behavioral psychologist, Sarah Stevenson writes about smiling, “Each time you smile you throw a little feel-good party in your brain.” Like quotes about strength, smiling makes you feel a lot better no matter what is going on with your life.
Why your smile is beautiful?
There is nothing more beautiful than your smile because the beauty of a smile is not solely based on the physical. It is a powerful connection between one’s soul, heart, and mind.
If you’re searching for best quotes about happiness and encouraging joy quotes that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of top relax quotes, inspiring thankful quotes and popular live life quotes.
Top 10 Smile Quotes
“A smile is the universal welcome.” – Max Eastman
Use your smile to change the world, don’t let the world change your smile.
“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
“A smile puts you on the right track. A smile makes the world a beautiful place. When you lose your smile, you lose your way in the chaos of life.” – Roy T. Bennett
“A smile remains the most inexpensive gift I (you) can bestow on anyone and yet its powers can vanquish kingdoms.” – Og Mandino
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
“A smiling face is a beautiful face. A smiling heart is a happy heart.” – Dr. T.P.Chia
“If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” – Maya Angelou
“Smile, breathe and go slowly.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
“Smile! It increases your face value.” – Robert Harling
List of Best Smile Quotes
It can be a tough task to plaster a smile across your face during the chaos of daily life but by choosing to smile, happy changes start to occur automatically, both internally and externally. The incredibly great power lies in a random smile, so long as you choose to share it with the world and here are the cute smile quotes:
- “Dare, dream, dance, smile, and sing loudly! And have faith that love is an unstoppable force!” – Suzanne Brockmann
- “A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I come to work with a smile and I leave with a laugh, and I’m so grateful.” – Robert Knepper
- “I can sing and dance. I can smile – a lot.” – Chris Colfer
- “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” – Phyllis Diller
- Never regret anything that made you smile. – Mark Twain
- Never underestimate the importance of having a person in your life who can always make you smile.
- “If you’re reading this… Congratulations, you’re alive. If that’s not something to smile about, then I don’t know what is.” – Chad Sugg
- “Smile at strangers and you just might change a life.” – Steve Maraboli
- “All the statistics in the world can’t measure the warmth of a smile.” – Chris Hart
- “A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.” – Washington Irving
- “Nothing shakes the smiling heart.” – Santosh Kalwar
- Smile at the obstacle, for it is a bridge. – Medusa
- “Smile, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody’s heart.’ – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “I was smiling yesterday, I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow. Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.” – Santosh Kalwar
- “Show me a smile, and I’ll show you one back.” – Vanilla Ice
- “Smile. It instantly lifts the face, and it just lights up the room.” – Christie Brinkley
- “Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace.” – Christie Brinkley
- “You don’t have to be happy to smile.” – Daniel Willey
- “Smile, smile, smile at your mind as often as possible. Your smiling will considerably reduce your mind’s tearing tension.” – Sri Chinmoy
- “I just want to make people smile.” – Julie Garwood
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. – Mark Twain
- “A smile is the best way to get away with trouble even if it’s a fake one.” – Masashi Kishimoto
- “It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone who needed it, it can last a lifetime.” – Steve Maraboli
- “It takes a lot of energy to be negative. You have to work at it. But smiling is painless. I’d rather spend my energy smiling.” – Eric Davis
- “A smile is the chosen vehicle of all ambiguities.” – Herman Melville
- “Children learn to smile from their parents.” – Shinichi Suzuki
- “Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “If you’re not using your smile, you’re like a man with a million dollars in the bank and no checkbook.” – Les Giblin
- “You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.” – Al Capone
- “When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.”
- “I hoped I could make people smile and laugh and have a good time.” – Carson Kressley
- “I wake up every day with a smile on my face.” – Henry Ian Cusick
- “People smile at me as if they know me. I just smile back. They probably might know me.” – Jim Broadbent
- “Smile at a stranger. See what happens.” – Patti LuPone
- “And then he gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me.” – Suzanne Collins
- “If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don’t be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning ‘Good morning’ at total strangers.” – Maya Angelou
- Smiling should be a part of every woman’s beauty routine. If you have a positive outlook on life and a great sense of humor, that is absolutely beautiful.
- “When you have to work, work with a smile.” – Kapil Dev
- “It’s important to maintain an attractive smile as you age. A lighter, less beige, more white tooth color is key, but no Chiclets.” – Evelyn Lauder
- “As long as I am still interested and curious, I enjoy getting up in the morning, but I can’t say I have a happy smile on my face 24/7.” – Harriet Walter
- “When you walk into a room, a healthy, beautiful smile is incredibly important.” – Susan Anton
- “The bat is gone, but the smile remains.” – Willie Stargell
- “Allowing yourself to smile takes 99% of the effort.” – Simon Travaglia
- “I wake up each and every day with a smile on my face knowing I get to do something musically.” – Two Chainz
- “Nothing you wear is more important than your smile.” – Connie Stevens
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. – Leo Buscaglia
- You know, it takes an awful lot of energy to be negative. A smile is effortless and painless. I would rather spend all of my energy smiling and laughing.
- “Smiling is very important. If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace.” – Nhat Hanh
- “It hurts when you have to smile and you don’t want to smile, but the best thing to do is to smile.” – Mary J. Blige
- “I enjoy jokes, smiling, and making people smile.” – Tim Duncan
- “I wake up every morning literally with a smile on my face, grateful for another day I never thought I’d see.” – Dick Cheney
- “I eat every two hours. I sleep for eight hours. I have lots of water. I pray to keep calm. Most importantly, I have a smile on my face.” – Vidya Balan
- “After my husband, John Lennon passed away, I tried to smile for my health.” – Yoko Ono
- “If you cannot smile when you listen to music, then do not listen to it!” – Estelle
- “I just want to show the fans my big smile and play the game that I love.” – Yani Tseng
- “I play guys who never smile, and I never stop smiling.” – Michael Kelly
- We often underestimate the power of a smile or a touch; a kind word or an ear that’s willing to listen; a sincere compliment or a tiny act of kindness. All of these things have the potential to turn a person’s life around.
- “I think a smile can make your whole body. Models, they look fabulous, but they don’t smile, and they look so mad.” – Serena Williams
- “I get really frustrated if people don’t smile.” – Sophie Ellis-Bextor
- “It’s lovely to work with a group of actors who make you laugh and smile.” – Kelly Reilly
- “A smile is a facelift that’s in everyone’s price range!” – Tom Wilson
- “Always wear a smile sometime during the day – it makes you feel happier and looks younger.” – Kylie Bax
- “Everyone looks so much better when they smile.” – Jimmy Fallon
- “Always wear a smile because you never know who is watching.” – Gracie Gold
- Smiles begin on the lips, but grins spread to the eyes. Chuckles begin in the belly, but great laughs just burst from your soul.
- “The coolest part about seeing a girl wear something comfortable is the smile that you can just feel coming through from inside her.” – Kellan Lutz
- “A body smiles, like, 72 times a day. Where does that smile go? That’s what I want to know.” – Goldie Hawn
- “We all have our down days, but it’s not hard to smile and say, ‘Thank you.’ – Yvette Nicole Brown
- “A smile is like an instant facelift and an instant mood lift.” – Christie Brinkley
- “Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things.” – Kenneth Branagh
- “Most smiles are started by another smile.” – Frank A. Clark
- “I never get tired of smiling. I’m just the kind of guy who likes to smile.” – Jason Ritter
- “I like to smile. I smile even when I’m nervous since it calms me down and shows my friendliness.” – Yani Tseng
- “Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “My children are the reason I laugh, smile and want to get up every morning.” – Gena Lee Nolin
- “People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile.” – Lee Mildon
- When you leave home today, give a stranger your smile. You never know; it may be the only sunshine they see all day.
- “Someone told me the smile on my face gets bigger when I play the guitar.” – Niall Horan
- Everyone smiles in the same language.
- “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” – Mother Teresa
- Every day is a new beginning. Take a deep breath, smile, and start again. We all need encouraging quotes that offer support and comfort that will inspire and give you confidence and optimism.
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
- “We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.” – Mother Teresa
- You see, I have this strange tickle in my brain. It keeps forcing the corners of my mouth to point upwards towards the sky.
- The people who make you smile from just seeing them, those are my favorite people. – Koi Fresco
- “I get home and my son is smiling or he comes running to me. It has just made me grow as an individual and grow as a man.” – LeBron James
- “A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.” – Denis Waitley
- “Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.” – Jim Beggs
- If ever you find someone who is too tired to smile, give them one of yours. No one in the world needs a smile as much as someone who has none left to give.
- “A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” – Tom Wilson
- “If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.” – Andy Rooney
- It’s important to wake up each morning with a smile on your face. Show the world all of the love that you keep inside your heart.
- “A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.” – William Hazlitt
- “When I look out at the people and they look at me and they’re smiling, then I know that I’m loved. That is the time when I have no worries, no problems.” – Etta James
- “Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that’s beautiful.” – Rashida Jones
- Anger will only make your problems more difficult. Tears can never bring back things that are lost. Gratitude and a smile are the only two things that will make you stronger.
- Smile. It intimidates those who wish to destroy you.
- “I add a smile to everything I wear and that has worked great for me.” – David White
- “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “If I can see the pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. If I can see the joy in your eyes then share with me your smile.” – Santosh Kalwar
- “What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.” – Joseph Addison
- “Don’t cry for a man who’s left you; the next one may fall for your smile.” – Mae West
- “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” – Yoko Ono
- “You’ll find that life is still worthwhile if you just smile.” – Charlie Chaplin
- Smile and remember at the end of the day your blessings outweigh your problems. This is a beautiful chance with good night quotes to finish the day with happiness and bring smiles on faces.
- “Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world.” – Lawrence G. Lovasik
- When you smile at someone, they will almost always smile back. Even if they don’t, you know that you’ve touched their heart.
- “Smile. Have you ever noticed how easily puppies make human friends? Yet all they do is wag their tails and fall over.” – Walter Anderson
- “Laughter is the day, and sobriety is night; a smile is a twilight that hovers gently between both, more bewitching than either.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “And the smile that is worth the praises of earth is the smile that shines through tears.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Remember even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you.” – Anna Lee
- Smile, it’s free therapy. – Douglas Horton
- “Smile, for everyone lacks self-confidence and more than any other one thing a smile reassures them.” – Andre Maurois
- “Let us always meet each other with the smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa
- “Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.” – Les Brown
- “A woman whose smile is open and whose expression is glad has a kind of beauty no matter what she wears.” – Anne Roiphe
- “The greatest self is a peaceful smile, that always sees the world smiling back.” – Bryant H. McGill
- If you don’t get out and do things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile and laugh about when you grow old.
- “The main thing that you have to remember on this journey is, just be nice to everyone and always smile.” – Ed Sheeran
- “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
- “Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug.” – Og Mandino
- Smile, happiness looks gorgeous on you. Start your day with good morning quotes and smile.
- “Beauty is truth’s smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “The smile of God is the victory.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
- Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace. – Christie Brinkley
- “Start every day with a smile and get it over with.” – W.C. Fields
- You have this amazing ability to put a smile on my face and happiness in my heart.
- Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great purpose in heart. – Gordon B. Hinckley
- “You have to promote yourself; you must have this smile on your face all the time and be this nice guy – which I am!” – Craig Roberts
- “If you force yourself to smile, within a couple of minutes, you feel happy.” – Dean Norris
- “If you want to meet a woman, it’s best just to smile and say hi.” – Karen McDougal
- Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life. – Yoko Ono
- “A simple smile. That’s the start of opening your heart and being compassionate to others.” – Dalai Lama
- “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
- “I would rather have a fake smile than a nasty stare.” – Tamara Ecclestone
- Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other? – George Eliot
- “When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.”
- Whenever we talk, I can’t help but smile. Thank you for bringing joy and love into my life. I love your smile.
- You should always finish your week with funny friday quotes to get more laugh and joy.
- “A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.” – Charles Gordy
- Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you. – Peace Pilgrim
- “I like outgoing girls with a lovely smile and beautiful eyes.” – Corbin Bleu
- A smile is a happiness you’ll find right under your nose. – Tom Wilson
- “Every smile makes you a day younger.” – Chinese Proverb
Smiling boost your overall health and helps the human immune system to function more effectively. It can also make you look more youthful and feel better.
Some claim it takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile.
Smiling actually makes you happier regardless of the situation because the brain in turn releases endorphins which lowers stress and improves your overall mood,
Your smile says that you’re an outgoing and intelligent person worth getting to know.
This inspiring video, Ron Gutman reviews a raft of studies about smiling, and reveals some surprising results: