Hippie, also spelled hippy, is a youth movement that began in the United States during the mid-1960s and spread to other countries around the world. There are so much words about hippies beliefs and values.
In fact, there is no correct way to describe a hippie soul. Inspiring hippie quotes try to portray the soul of laughter, love and peace.
If you’re searching for best quotation to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself, discover famous travel quotes of all time. Browse through an inspiring collection of quotes about adventure, life is too short sayings and beach quotes.
I try to be really hippie about things. I’m uptight in all the ways that are really important, but the things my husband and family can benefit from my uptightness, I’m completely lacking. Amanda Peet
When you find peace within yourself you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others. Anne Frank
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed individuals can change the world, indeed it’s the only thing that ever has. Margaret Meade
Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls. Joseph Campbell
Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air. Emerson
Work like you don’t need the money. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Dance like nobody’s watching. Satchel Paige
Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can. No need for greed or hunger. A brotherhood of man. Imagine all the people sharing all the world. John Lennon
Revolution is not something fixed in ideology, nor is it something fashioned to a particular decade. It is a perpetual process embedded in the human spirit. Abbie Hoffman
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should… Max Ehrmann
Love is a friendship set to music. Joseph Campbell
And those who were seen dancing were through to be insane by those who could not hear the music. Friedrich Nietzsche
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. Joseph Chilton Pearce
There is a secret hippie within me. Phillip Lim
Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command. Alan Watts
In a gentle way, you can shake the world. Mahatma Gandhi
We all got up to dance. Oh, but we never got the chance! Don McLean
With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy? Oscar Wilde
When you’ve seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there. George Harrison
Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, don’t give up the fight. Bob Marley
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow. Audrey Hepburn
I don’t want to earn a living I want to live. Oscar Wilde
I have found that if you love, life will love you back.
Peace is not the destination. Peace is the way.
Life is for deep kisses strange adventures midnight swims and rambling conversations.
To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. Thich Nhat Hanh
Maybe one day we will find the place where dreams and reality collide.
Life is short. Don’t waste it being sad. Be who you are, be happy, be free, be whatever you want to be.
My business is to enjoy and have fun. And why not, if in the end, everything will end, right? Janis Joplin
Let me tell you about the birds and the bees, and the flowers and the trees, the moon and the stars. And a thing called love.
The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix
War is not healthy for children and other living things.
Love is all you need. The Beatles
The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. Alan Watts
Time you enjoy wasting, was is wasted time. Bertrand Russell
Sometimes all you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
You can’t fix yourself by breaking someone else.
You create your own reality. Seth
If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there would be peace. John Lennon
The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them. Charles Bukowski
You become hippie when you realize how to be happy.
I’m a little bit of a hippie at heart, so I always wear things that are comfortable and flowing. Carly Rae Jepsen
Too many people buy things they don’t need with money they don’t have trying to impress people they don’t even like.
If the truth can be told so as to be understood, it will be believed. Terence McKenna
Nobody living can ever stop me. As I go walking my freedom highway. Nobody living can make me turn back. This land was made for you and me. Woody Guthrie
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, Live the life you’ve always imagined. Henry David Thoreau
Flower child: a young person, especially a hippie, rejecting conventional society and advocating love, peace and simple, idealistic values.
I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Live by the sun, love by the moon.
If you want to be free, be free. Cause there are a million things to be. Cat Stevens
We all sang the songs of peace. Melanie Safka
And then my soul saw you, and it’s kind of went: Oh, there you are, I’ve been looking for you.
A right is not what someone gives you; it’s what no one can take away from you. Ramsey Clark
I’m just an old hippie. You know, peace and love. Sherman Hemsley
You can’t change how people feel about you so don’t try. Just live your life and be happy.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. James Arthur Baldwin
Let us dance in the sun. Wearing flowers in our hair.
If you smile at me, I will understand because that is something everyone, everywhere does in the same language. Jefferson Airplane
All we are saying is give peace a chance. John Lennon
The hippies wanted peace and love. We wanted Ferraris, blondes and switchblades. Alice Cooper
We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us. Joseph Campbell
There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high. Neil Young
Old hippies don’t die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again. Joseph Gallivan
Best Hippie Quotes About Freedom, Happiness & Love
- Their common denominator of humanism could not be reconciled with the Biblical view of man’s depravity after the Fall and his need of salvation. Too late, many ministers began to see that hippie nonconformity with, and rejection of, the world was hardly the same as that high spiritual quest advocated by the Apostle Paul. Bob Larson
- Their nineteen sixties with the flowers in the guns and their summers of love, as if all we’d had was winter, all we’d had was rations. Just very good at keeping quiet, is what we were. We had to be. It was the way. Them with their jetage. Ali Smith
- If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have a paradise in a few years. Bertrand Russell
- Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk even more. Erica Jong
- I do my thing, and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you, and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, it’s beautiful. Frederick E. Perl
- Accept yourself as you are. And that is the most difficult thing in the world, because it goes against your training, education, your culture. From the very beginning you have been told how you should be; Nobody has ever told you that you are good as you are Osho
- My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out. Timothy Leary
- I’ve seen better days, but I’ve also seen worse. I don’t have everything that I want, but I do have all I need. I woke up with some aches and pains, but I woke up. My life may not be perfect, but I am blessed.
- I just want to be out in the wild. I want to be running through nature, meeting animals and connecting with mother earth. Oh, how nice it would be to be a bird. The ability to see and travel the world with your flock. Oh, what I would give.
- The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role… you give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. Jim Morrison
- If someone thinks love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the ‘60s, that’s his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
- To get the hippie out of certain characters is probably the most difficult thing for me. I was not a hippie by choice but by birth. Melissa Leo
- You have to forget about what other people say, when you’re supposed to die, or when you’re supposed to be loving. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on & be crazy. Craziness is like heaven. Jimi Hendrix
- To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. Aldous Huxley
- To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else. Bernadette Devlin
- How does it feel to be on your own, with no direction home, like a complete, like a rolling stone? Bob Dylan
- When you ain’t got nothing, you got nothing to lose. Bob Dylan
- Always trust those searching for The Truth, never those who have found it. Jordan Maxwell
- We are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we are so deeply interconnected with one another. Ram Dass
- Your mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work unless it’s open. Jordan Maxwell
- The world is ready for a mystic revolution, a discovery of the God in each of us. George Harrison
- Masses are always breeding grounds of psychic epidemics. Carl Jung
- There is enough for everyone. People think that there isn’t enough, so they get as much as they can, so many people don’t have enough. Buckminster Fuller
- If I’m free, it’s because I’m always running. Jimi Hendrix
- I’d rather wear flowers in my hair than diamonds around my neck. I don’t want to earn a living, I want to live. Oscar Wilde
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world. Mahatma Ghandi
- If you don’t like what you’re doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove. Timothy Leary
- There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first. Jim Morrison
- What if I fall? Oh, but my darling, what if you fly? E. H.
- The thing that gave me the most pain in life, psychologically, and it gave me tremendous pain psychologically, is man’s disrespect for nature. Joni Mitchell
- You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. Bob Dylan
- If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away. Henry David Thoreau
- The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue center light pop and everybody goes Awww! Jack Kerouac
- It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves. Carl Jung
- All I’m gonna do is just go on and do what I feel. Jimi Hendrix
- It seems to me that love is the most important thing in the world. It may be important to great thinkers to examine the world, to explain and despise it. But I think it is only important to love the world, not to despise it, not for us to hate each other, but to be able to regard the world and ourselves and all beings with love, admiration and respect. Hermann Hesse
- If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Eldridge Cleaver
- Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free. Jim Morrison
- Like a true Nature’s child, we were born, born to be wild. Steppenwolf
- Be Here Now! Ram Dass
- I believe true happiness is derived from helping others and spreading love. Sharing unconditional love is the best high you can experience. Pure energy flows though you unhindered by doubt, fear or expectation. It is magical beyond belief. Try it sometime! Skip Stone
- The deepest Peace we will ever know is when we tenderly touch the heart and soul of another.
- My role in society, or any artist’s or poet’s role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all. John Lennon
- You’re either on the bus or off the bus. Ken Kesey
- I was raised with hippie parents, so I get down with the positive. I don’t pay attention to the negative. Guy Fieri
- He who takes a stand is often wrong, but he who fails to take a stand is always wrong.
- It’s not so much what you learn about Mumbai, it’s what you learn about yourself, really. It’s a funny old hippie thing, but it’s true as well. You find out a lot about yourself and your tolerance, and about your inclusiveness. Danny Boyle
- We all want to change the world. The Beatles
- Basically, I was a hippie and still am a flower child. Donna Karan
- The people who really know me understand that I have a tough exterior, but I’m actually just a hippie at heart. Erin Wasson
- War is over if you want it. John Lennon
- I’ve been smiling lately, dreaming about the world as one. And I believe it could be. Someday it’s going to come. Cat Stevens
- We came out in the midst of the hippie hangover. All this mellow music. Angus Young
- Down through all of eternity the crying of humanity, this’ then when the hurdygurdy man comes singing songs of love. Donovan