Self Esteem Worksheets for kids, teens, and adults focus on helping you change the way you think and also they are printable.
Printable self-esteem worksheets give you the tools necessary to build new brain pathways. But doing them once is not enough. Building positive self-esteem requires consistent regular practice. For an overview of this process, the must-see article is self-esteem activities for children, teens, and young adults. The following activities are found on pdf.
“I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.” ― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
Self Esteem Exercises
Sentence Completion Exercises
Sentence-completion is a deceptively simple yet uniquely powerful tool for raising self-understanding, self-esteem and personal effectiveness and also help us accept unpleasant facts, shed light on hidden motivations, and demystify fears.
Challenging Negative Thoughts
The hard part about self-talk is that it always feels true. Even though your thoughts might often be biased or incorrect, you tend to assume that they’re facts. Remember that our thoughts and evaluations are often opinions.
Therefore they are open to question, and should not be something we just blindly accept if they are causing us distress. Instead, you can dispute, dissect, examine, and assess them like a detective or lawyer would, to see how realistic they are and put things in perspective.
What is my evidence for and against my thinking?
Are there any other ways that I could look at this situation?
If I were being positive, how would I perceive this situation?
Is there anything good about this situation?
You can use journal prompts to improve self-esteem and get to know yourself on a deeper level. When you journal, you tap into different states of mind that help you become clearer about your desires and the person you want to become. The more often you journal to improve self-esteem, the better your relationship with yourself will be.
Grateful thinking promotes the savoring of positive life experiences. By relishing and taking pleasure in some of the gifts of your life, you will be able to extract the maximum possible satisfaction and enjoyment from your current circumstances. When you realize how much people have done for you or how much you have accomplished, you feel more confident and efficacious.
A gratitude journal is exactly what it says – a journey or diary documenting daily the things (5- 10) that you are grateful for.
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
My Strengths and Qualities
Your thoughts determine your feelings and the functioning of your brain. Focus on your positive aspects so you fill your brain with the best fuel possible. Write about your Strength, Good Traits, Achievements, Successes.
Self-esteem Worksheet For Kids
Self Esteem by definition is a realistic respect for or favorable impression of oneself.
It’s very important for a child to feel good about themselves. Statistics show that children with low self-esteem tend to perform below their potential in school and make poor decisions in social situations.flower
Make a difference!
Be Attentive-When your child speaks to you give them eye contact and listen make them feel what they are saying is important to you.
Make a child feel special-Praise children when they do a good job and also for trying hard. Tell children your proud of them when they put a lot of effort in something. Give complements and tell them that they are special.
See the learning in mistakes– When a child makes a mistake turn the negative into a positive. Focus on what he/she learned from the mistake.
Be a positive role model- If you are constantly hard on your-self, putting your self down or pessimistic your children will see that and may eventually copy those same feelings. This may lead to them to feel that way about themselves.
Tune in to their feelings- Sometimes this can be hard especially when a child has done something wrong and you yourself get angry and when to yell and scream. Sometimes a child doesn’t understand what they have done. I remember I was sitting on the couch and my 6 year-old niece came running through the room with both her middle fingers up yelling middle finger, middle finger I almost lost it but I asked her if you knew what it meant and she said no and said her friend at school was doing it. I explained what it was and she was surprised she said she didn’t know and never did it again.
Self-esteem Worksheet For Children Free Pdf
Oftentimes, children don’t want to talk face to face with a parent or therapist. They find it uncomfortable, embarrassing, and sometimes even intimidating. Worksheets take those uneasy feelings away and allow children to express themselves in a more relaxed and non-threatening manner.
Worksheets give children a safe and cathartic outlet with which to express their feelings, needs, and ideas. Their answers provide valuable insight to adults who might be trying to understand the child’s feelings, motives and behaviors.
Simply grab a pencil and get started! There is no order in which the worksheets need to be done and there is no right or wrong way for the child to answer. After the child is finished with a worksheet then the parent, teacher, or mental health professional can sit down and process the answers with the child. You might just be surprised at what you learn!
Self-esteem Suggestions For Teenager & Adult
If you feel that you suffer from poor self-esteem, there are a number of simple things that you can do to boost yourself and, hopefully, break out of the downward spiral. You may already be doing some of these things, and you certainly don’t need to be doing them all. Just do those that you feel most comfortable with.
1. Make two lists: One of your strengths and one of your achievements. Try to get a supportive friend or relative to help you with these lists, as people with depression are not usually in the most objective frame of mind. Keep the lists in a safe place and read through them every morning.
2. Think positively about yourself. Remind yourself that, despite your problems, you are a unique, special, and valuable person, and that you deserve to feel good about yourself. You are, after all, a miracle of consciousness, the consciousness of the universe. Identify and challenge any negative thoughts about yourself such as ‘I am loser’, ‘I never do anything right’, or ‘No one really likes me’.
3. Pay special attention to your personal hygiene: take a shower, brush your hair, trim your nails, and so on.
4. Wear clean clothes that make you feel good about yourself. All things being equal, wear an ironed shirt rather than a crumpled T-shirt, you get the idea.
5. Eat good food as part of a healthy, balanced diet. Make meals a special time, even if you are eating alone. Turn off the TV, set the table, light a candle, and make a moment to feel grateful.
6. Exercise regularly. Go for a brisk walk every day, even if it is cold or rainy, and take more vigorous exercise (exercise that makes you sweat) three times a week.
7. Ensure that you’re getting enough sleep.
8. Make your living space clean, comfortable, and attractive.
9. Do more of the things that you enjoy. Go ahead and spoil yourself. Do at least one thing that you enjoy every day.
10. Perform some art. Activities like painting, music, poetry, and dance enable you to express yourself, interact positively with others, and reduce your stress levels. You might even impress yourself!
11. Set yourself a challenge that you can realistically complete.
12. Be nice to people, and do nice things for them. For instance, strike up a conversation with the postman or shopkeeper, invite a neighbor round for tea, visit a friend who is sick, or get involved with a local charity. Putting a smile on someone’s face is bound to put a smile on yours.
13. Get others on board. Tell your friends and relatives what you are going through and ask for their advice and support. Perhaps they too have similar problems, in which case you might be able to band together and form a support group. Don’t be overly shy or reserved: most people do want to help.