Relationship abuse is a pattern of abusive and coercive behaviors used to maintain power and control over a former or current intimate partner. Profoundly inspirational abusive relationship quotes will challenge the way you think, change the way you live and transform your whole life.
If you’re searching for wise depression quotes and inspirational regret quotes that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of top feeling lost quotes, uplifting feeling unwanted quotes and famous self doubt quotes.
Famous Abusive Relationship Quotes
Most African women are taught to endure abusive marriages. They say endurance means a good wife but most women endure abusive relationship because they are not empowered economically; they depend on their husbands. — Joyce Banda
Well, I went through some emotionally abusive relationships and allowed myself to not be properly respected as a lady, as a human being even, though I tried everything I knew to be a lady. — Gloria Gaynor
I’m hearing from fans about how they got out of an abusive relationship. That’s why I tell people you’ve got to watch ‘The Real.’ We are about comedy and inspiration, but personal moments come up, and people are moved by it. — Loni Love
Having a two-year-old is very hard. I feel like I’m in a relationship with an emotionally unstable woman who is also physically abusive and never gets in trouble for it. — Ali Wong
My relationship was always abusive, so I chose to not socialise much. People who knew me knew that what pain I was going through. — Rashami Desai
It was my first big relationship and it was just very abusive. I wouldn’t give him the credit of naming him, if he ever reads this. But he was older, in the music business – or so he said. — Lisa Snowdon
I have the most guilty, abusive relationship with McDonald’s. Left to my own devices, I’d probably eat four Big Macs a week. — Armie Hammer
The dynamic of how women and men are meant to interact, for those of us who are looking for a heterosexual relationship, is very broken, and it leads to a lot of really dysfunctional relationships, abusive and otherwise. — Whitney Wolfe Herd
Abusive relationships go on and on. You’re in it for so long that it can almost be impossible to see it for what it is. That just becomes your life. We get used to and adapt. — Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
When someone comes up to me and says, ‘Mary, you helped save my marriage’, or, ‘Mary, you helped me get out of this abusive relationship’, I’m in it, really in their lives. And I’m so passionate about my feelings, but also about showing people the way through theirs. — Mary J. Blige
A relationship can be deeply damaging without anyone leaving marks on you. So many people – especially young women – end up trying to maintain those emotionally abusive relationships because we don’t think it’s that bad and that we are really some of the lucky ones because we haven’t experienced ‘real’ abuse. — Lauren Mayberry
The lack of exposure to right perspective has caused me to be in abusive relationships. When a boy stubbed cigarette on my leg, I thought it was out of love. You know why? Because our films taught us slapping in the face was a way of expressing love. — Parvathy
People who are in abusive relationships often don’t realise it, but it slowly seems to build until you’re trapped. — Georgina Campbell
I want somebody else to say, ‘Man, that ‘Back 2 Life’ album got me through. There were songs that really empowered me to get out of my safe zone or to leave that abusive relationship or made me feel confident.’ — LeToya Luckett
After my father died when I was seven and my mother entered into an abusive relationship, I shuffled between houses – staying with friends, families from church, and relying on the kindness of teachers and people throughout my community to help me grow up essentially without parents. — Ronnie Musgrove
Unforgettable Abusive Relationship Quotations
- The scariest thing about distance is that you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.
- Most of us knew in our bones that things with the world weren’t right, long before it became a crisis.
- Sure, my boss took advantage of me, but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship. Any ‘abuse’ came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position.
- valuation is a positive act that makes an impact on the course of events. Monetary and real phenomena are connected in a reflexive fashion; that is, they influence each other mutually. The reflexive relationship manifests itself most clearly in the use and abuse of credit.
- She’d worn anxiety like a thick robe for so long that it was hard for her to take it off.
- When someone truly cares about you, they make an effort, not an excuse.
- Embedded in their psyche was the story of what had happened to the world, and the boys felt glorious to be on the other side of the madness
- Women trapped in violent relationships need to know that there’s no shame in talking out and walking out on their abusive partners.
- You can have a pet zebra and put that zebra into a small cage every day and tell the zebra that you love it, but no matter how you and the zebra love each other, the fact remains, that the zebra should be let out of that cage and should belong to someone who can treat it better, the way it should be treated, someone who can make it happy.
- Falling in love you remain a child; rising in love you mature. By and by love becomes not a relationship, it becomes a state of your being. Not that you are in love – now you are love.Falling in love you remain a child; rising in love you mature. By and by love becomes not a relationship, it becomes a state of your being. Not that you are in love – now you are love.
- I am done looking for love where it doesn’t exist. I am done coughing up dust in attempts to drink from dry wells.
- I believe the media pretty much dictates the way relationships are handled, even in the way we handle ourselves. Abuse, cheating, threesomes, it’s inspired by music and television. Irresponsible artists and writers with a hidden agenda, just working against the moral fabric that God intended for us to have.
- It is fine to commiserate with a man about his bad experience with a previous partner, but the instant he uses her as an excuse to mistreat you, stop believing anything he tells you about that relationship and instead recognize it as a sign that he has problems with relating to women.