Beauty and the Beast (French: La Belle et la Bête) is a traditional fairy tale written by French novelist Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve and published in 1740 in La Jeune Américaine et les contes marins (The Young American and Marine Tales). – Wikipedia
Beauty & The Beast is a tale as old as time. It is filled with memorable life quotes to embrace your uniqueness and love. It seemed like the perfect time to remember some classic quotes from this fairy tale.
The most memorable words from “Beauty and the Beast” remind us that looks are not everything. Stop focusing on every imperfection you see in the mirror. Remind yourself how beautiful you are. What’s on the inside and what you have to offer to society is what’s really important. They are really deep and meaningful quotes.
“When the moment is right, confess your love…” tweet
“She warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within.” tweet
You don’t lose hope, love. If you do, you lose everything. tweet
Think of the one thing that you’ve always wanted. Now find it in your mind’s eye and feel it in your heart. tweet
If you love someone, you must be prepared to set them free. tweet
A dream is a wish your heart makes. tweet
If you’re searching for cute happy quotes and images to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself… look no further! From Walt Disney quotes, peter pan quotes, and Yoda Quotes, we’ve got you covered.
Here, maybe the only scene in a top ten of a Disney princess movie that includes someone’s death, this scene is incredibly heart-wrenching. It shows that Belle showed her love, so she thinks, a little too late. Here Beast finally can confess his true feelings for Belle.
It’s a perfect, perfect moment. Beast reveals himself as a human finally, Belle looks into his eyes and can tell it’s him. Belle and Beast finally kiss, and it sets off an explosion of fireworks as the castle changes back.
- “I want adventure in the great wide somewhere, I wanted more than I can tell… For once it might be grand to have someone understand, I want so much more than they’ve got planned!” – Belle
- “She warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within.” – Narrator
- “He fell into despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a beast?”
- “If he could learn to love another and earn her love in return, by the time the last petal fell, then, the spell will be broken.”
- “I never felt this way about anyone. I wanna do something for her.” – Beast
- “Take it with you so you’ll always have a way to look back … and remember me.” – Beast
“He’s no monster, Gaston; you are!” – Belle
“Did you honestly think she’d want someone like you when she had someone like me?” — Gaston
“It’s not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting ideas… thinking…” — Gaston
“Here’s where she meets Prince Charming, but she won’t discover that it’s him ’til chapter three!” – Belle
“How can you read this? There are no pictures!” “Well, some people use their imagination.” – Gaston & Belle
“Well there’s the usual things: flowers… chocolates… promises you don’t intend to keep.” — Cogsworth
“I want adventure in the great wide somewhere! I want it more than I can tell!” – Belle
- “Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious! Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes!” – Lumiere
- “LeFou, I’m afraid I’ve been thinking.” “A dangerous pastime.” “I know.” – Gaston & LeFou
- “Think of the one thing that you’ve always wanted. Now find it in your mind’s eye and feel it in your heart.” – Beast
- “New and a bit alarming. Who’d have ever thought this could be? True that he’s no Prince Charming but there’s something in him that I simply didn’t see.” – Belle
- “Beast: I let her go…
Cogsworth: What? But why?
Beast: Because I love her…”
“When I felt lost and lonely, not a dream in my head, your words lifted my spirit high! Remember what you said: As long as there’s Christmas, I truly believe that hope is the greatest of the gifts we’ll receive. As long as our guiding star shines above.”
“Impress her with your rapier wit. Shower her with compliments.”
“Although he had everything his heart desired, the Prince was spoiled, selfish and unkind.”
“When the moment is right, confess your love.”
“You don’t have time to be timid. You must be bold, daring.”
“True, that he’s no Prince Charming but there’s something in him that I simply didn’t see.”
- “Thank you for what you just did. But that doesn’t change that you’re too cowardly to be honest with me…”
- “She warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within.”
- “Lumière: You must charm her! Be gentle!
Mrs. Potts: Kind!
Lumière: Come, come, show me the smile!
[the Beast gives a wide smile, showing his monstrous teeth]
Mrs. Potts: Ooh, dear!
Cogsworth: Oh, my!”
- “My dear Belle, you’re so ahead of your time. This is a small village, and it’s small-minded, as well. But small also means safe.” – Maurice
- “Belle: [to Lumiere] What happens when the last petal falls?
Lumière: The master remains a beast forever…
Cogsworth: …and we become antiques!”
- “You have to help me. You have to stand.” – Belle (to the Beast)
- “We’re together now.”
- Chip: Doesn’t look so special to me.
Belle: Oh, Chip, I’m sorry. Nothing’s changed.
Angelique: I told you nothing would change. I told you the master would not allow this. I told you Christmas was a hopeless folly. But, I was wrong.
Angelique: When I felt lost and lonely, not a dream in my head, your words lifted my spirits high. Remember what you said: As long as there’s Christmas, I truly believe that hope is the greatest of the gifts we’ll receive. As long as our guiding star shines above…
Belle: [at the same time as Angelique] That hope is the greatest of the gifts we’ll receive. As long as our guiding star shines above…
Angelique: There’ll always be Christmas.
Belle: So there always will be a time when the world is filled with peace and love.
- Lumiere: [Beast glumly walks away as Lumiere sees the present that Belle left for him] Oooooh, it’s for you, Master. It’s from – a girl.
Beast: [Looking back] Mrs. Potts?
Lumiere: [Irate] No, from Belle!
[Beast prepares to open the present but Lumiere stops him]
Lumiere: Ah-ah-ah, Master, you can’t open it!
Beast: Why not? It’s for me, isn’t it?
Lumiere: Because it’s not yet Christmas.
[Beast turns away in a huff]
Lumiere: Master, we all understand how you feel about Christmas. But when a woman gives a man a gift, she’s saying, “I care about you.”
Beast: But I don’t have a gift for her.
Lumiere: It’s not too late.
Beast: [huffs again] Well, I guess I’ll get her a little something.
- Ignorance is the reason of fear.
Belle had found the library of her dreams.
You don’t lose hope, love. If you do, you lose everything.
Which one will you choose?
Since you are so kind as to think of me, be so kind as to bring me a rose, for as none grow hereabouts, they are a kind of the rarity.
Were you in love with her, Beast? Did you honestly think she’d want you when she had someone like me?
Think of the one thing that you’ve always wanted. Now find it in your mind’s eye and feel it in your heart.
You take me as your prisoner, and now you want to have dinner with me? Are you insane?