Who is Kevin Gates?
Kevin Jerome Gilyard, also known as Kevin Gates, is regarded as one of America’s successful contemporary rappers. He has been in and out of prison, escaped poverty, struggled with depression, released several hit singles and mixtapes throughout his career.
With the story of his life and his lyrics, inspirational Kevin Gates quotes will remind you that no matter what you are struggling with, you can fight your way back.
There are many great musicians who can give you amazing insight with their words and lyrics. For example; the collection of bob marley song quotes, tupac shakur quotes, j cole punchlines, and drake quotes about self-confidence have inspired you to live your best life.
Top 10 Kevin Gates Quotes
“Don’t get mad at me for being the best of what I was created to be." – Kevin Gates
“Never break or fold, that’s what it takes to be major." – Kevin Gates
“True wealth is not of the pocket, but of the heart and of the mind." – Kevin Gates
“I know a lot, but there’s some things I don’t know." – Kevin Gates
“Anything lost, can be found again, except for time wasted A vision without action is merely a dream Action, it’s the grind, it’s the hustle, it’s the persistence." – Kevin Gates
“When you stand for something, you’ve got to stand for it all the way, not half way." – Kevin Gates
“Wise men change, fools stay the same." – Kevin Gates
“I’m inspired by everything that goes on around me. I’m a sponge. I’m very analytical. I notice the things that most people don’t notice." – Kevin Gates
“Life is about conduct and how we conduct ourselves. But two wrongs never make a right." – Kevin Gates
“I don’t really like talking. I like to execute. I’m not a talking person. I’m an action person." – Kevin Gates
Best Kevin Gates Quotes About Life, Success, and Relationship
- “Wise men change, fools stay the same."
- “Don’t get mad at me for being the best of what I was created to be."
- “If I told you I was different would you understand the difference?"
- “Never break or fold, that’s what it takes to be major."
- “Anything lost, can be found again, except for time wasted. A vision without action is merely a dream. Action, it’s the grind, it’s the hustle, it’s the persistence."
- “If you associate yourself with peer pressure or complacency, you’re destined for failure."
- “Knowledge is provided but only to those who need to know."
- “I don’t sleep much. I don’t sleep much – I work, I work, I work."
- “Wealth is not of the pocket. It’s of the heart. It’s of the mind. I live like that. You could give me a fish and feed more for a day, but if you teach me to fish, you’ve fed me forever. So that’s really my philosophy with it all."
- “You can’t make everybody else happy and still stay on top."
- “I live by the ten percent rule. Save one, you save a thousand."
- “It’s about really really being who you are as an individual and not apologizing for it, that’s what it is. I can feel the growth from my first mixtape to now. On every song, I want to give you a piece of who I am as an individual."
- “Whatever an individual chooses to do with themselves, long as it doesn’t affect me and they’re respectful with it, I don’t care what they do. Because I’m not perfect and I have flaws, so who would I be to be judgmental?"
- “Anything lost, can be found again, except for time wasted."
- “Without an understanding of bad… how can one truly have an appreciation of good."
- “You can learn from a dummy. You can watch a dummy and learn what not to do. I’ve always been an observant individual. You don’t know how much you love something until you can’t do it. That’s one thing I can say that I learned. I learned how much I love music."
- “The ones that hate you most tend to be the people you know."
- “I’ve had mixtapes that have been better than albums I’ve heard from other artists. I take my time; I put my heart into it."
- “I’ve had good times and I’ve had bad times and I reminisce, maybe when I lay down, but throughout my day I keep myself engulfed in whatever moment I’m in because it could steer me into a depressed state."
- “Out my window. I see everything I dream about and wished I had"
- “If I tell the truth about me, what can the world say? I’d love to be accepted, but I’m not seeking acceptance. If you are a fan, it’s because you’re a fan of who I am psychological, emotionally, and individually. The world can relate to a human being more than it can relate to a superstar."
- “I’m inspired by everything that goes on around me. I’m a sponge. I’m very analytical. I notice the things that most people don’t notice."
- “I’m a perfect imperfection. My craft has been perfected. I just need affection, emotionally. I’m an introvert but it comes off as aggression."
- “I have trust issues with allowing other individuals to know my innermost secrets for fear of how I may be viewed. Everyone has this."
- “Why accept failure when success is free?"
- “I suffer from deep depression, so my only release is music."
- “Everybody around you pretending that they are your partner, let you have a problem they won’t even help you out."
- “Emotionally I’m an introvert but it comes off as aggression."
- “I always had music growing up, but the music was also like a journal. It was like my personal diary or personal journal. A lot of the things I couldn’t express to an individual, I would express them in my music."
- “Money coming, money gotta flip it. I ain’t waiting on nobody, I’mma go get it."
- “I could care less about the particular. I like to make music."
- “Rap was more of a release for me, a journal."
- “I love to make music, I love to get tattoos…That’s just what I love. If I wasn’t getting paid I’d still do it."
- “I know I write a lot of my best music in the car, like late night. Three, four in the morning."
- “I suffer from depression. Severe cases of it. Not one case of depression, not a severe case, but severe cases of depression. Music is my only outlet, it’s therapeutic for me. It’s a release. It’s how I vent emotionally."
- “Music’s the most therapeutic thing for me. Because I suffer from depression, and it’s my only form of releasing it."
- “Any artist that’s as serious about making music as I am, I’m cool with that. But if you tellin’ me, “Man, send me a verse and I’m a send you a verse." No. That’s not collaborating. We don’t know each other and I’m serious about this music."
- “My music is incredible. I don’t know what to call it because I’ve yet to see an artist display the different talents I display or create the different genres that I have created; from the rock and roll to heavy metal to soft rock to rap to country. I display so many styles. That’s why they love me."
- “Marriage is the most wonderful thing ever."
- “I’ve always stood on my own two. I don’t need a team. I don’t do the entourage thing, 30 people. I don’t do that. That’s just not me."
- “Some may consider this a problem, I easily fall in love."
- “To be honest I am not looking to be romantic, already got someone at home."
- “The things that are most difficult for me to put into words and speak about, I put into my music. I’m just super passionate about my craft and super passionate about what I do."
- “To inform, to improve, to make better, and I believe that’s what my first daughter did to me, so I named my first album after my first daughter."
- “It is illegal to steal my feelings and leave."
- “Fall in love fast, make sure I handle it delicately"
- “My daily conversation, it consists of hustle. Grinding from the bottom sick and tired of the struggle."
- “Without an understanding of bad…how can one truly have an appreciation of good."
- “I just always wanted to study human behavior because every psychologist that I would talk to would tell me I was bipolar, and I know I’m not bipolar, so I had to perform a psychoanalysis on myself to find out that I have unresolved grief."
- “Breathing is so important with physical activity, then how much more important is it with psychological activity?"
- “If it matters to you, pursue it aggressively."
- “Whatever I have a natural love for or respect or admiration for, I tattoo it on my body. My next tattoo is probably going to be Muhammad Ali. I’ve got Bob Marley, I’ve got Elvis, I’ve got Malcolm X. I’ve got so many tattoos. It’s crazy. I’m really running out of space. But when I go get tattoos, it’s therapeutic for me also."
- “All things are obtained by Wisdom and Knowledge."
- “I love God, I love everybody else around me as myself, and I love my enemy."
- “I experience great hurt, this hurt allows me to know I’m alive."
- “Came from the bottom, we aim for the stars."
- “Use the things that make you angry — as fuel to make you better."
- “Music’s the most therapeutic thing for me. Because I suffer from depression, and it’s my only form of releasing it. Just as you do with your recorder, I record my thoughts. I vent. It’s a channel. I’m an introvert when it comes to displaying my emotion. And because I’m such an introvert, the best thing for me to do is to talk to the mic."
- “Every time the leaves are changing it’s the loneliest time of the year."
- “I love to be clean. I wear the same things, all of my clothes pretty much look the same. I’m a plain and simple type of guy. I don’t really do a lotta busy colors and things of that nature. I feel like less is more."
- “True wealth is not of the pocket, but of the heart and of the mind."
- “I have trouble with letting go. That’s my problem. Anybody that has extreme highs and extreme lows is bipolar to any psychologist and that’s not necessarily the truth."
- “I write a lot of my best music in the car, like late night. Three, four in the morning. I’m in the passenger seat, I got my driver, my getaway driver. My Bonnie, I’m Clyde. That’s when everything is just settled. In the daytime it’s chaotic. Everybody just goin’ nowhere fast. In a rush to go nowhere."
- “I have respect for every man that demands your respect."
- “If you not in your own lane, create one."
- “I got 6 jobs I don’t get TIRED!"
- “I don’t really like talking. I like to execute. I’m not a talking person. I’m an action person."
- “I know my voice is very distinctive because, in a room of 100 people, my voice is always picked out."
- “I put my flaws on front street. So the world accepted my flaws, so I don’t have any flaws."
- “What poor person fits into society socially? You seem like a great person, but you’re not going to leave out of this building and put one of those homeless people in your car. You treat them differently than I do. When I finish with this salad here, you can eat off my plate. That’s just the individual that I am because I’ve walked in those shoes at one time."
- “My grandmother was an English teacher for a while. And she stressed to me the importance of reading, being able to articulate well."
- “I don’t pay attention to sales because it’s not about that for me. It’s about the music. Music is all I have."
- “I came in the game with a different attitude than I have now. And I had to grow. I had to mature. In that growth and in that maturity, that point of maturity I realized that ay, the people that interview me, we really only having a conversation. And they not from the same walk of life that I am, so my life is super interesting to them."
- “I don’t give anyone a reason to hate me, they create their own drama out of pure jealousy. Keep ears open, mouth closed."
- “I can’t say any artist inspired me, because I’m inspired by the things that go on around me."
- “I’m a big skeptic so I won’t just go off what an individual may tell me. I gotta do the research. I’ma get different literature on that one subject and just compare and contrast. I do my own selective studies."
- “Or help them get to the root of the problem. Or help them find out what the problem is. Because the problem lies with self, and a lot of times we don’t look inward as individuals. We always look for something else as a substitute, like a pacifier. You have to look at self first."
- “Bein’ logical gave me a reason to doubt."
- “I got it out that mud, ain’t nobody ever gave me nothing."
- “I’m a super sensitive individual also. The smallest thing might stand out to me. I might go make a song about this interview. I live life than rap about it. Who knows what I may say? I just really say what I feel. When I’m in the moment, whatever I’m feeling, I get it all out."
- “The energy in the daytime is so different because everyone is so unhappy and depressed and you can pick up on that energy psycho-kinetically. So I like to come out at night. Everything’s settled, you can see more."
- “But I really live in a box. I’m always locked away in the studio, so I never get to see those people anyway. And if I do see them, I don’t even think—to be honest, I’m so focused right now I couldn’t even see myself encountering those individuals that I spoke about from my past."
- “I don’t have a religion. I ain’t nothing wrong with the church as long as they selling chicken. Cause I read the Quran, I read the Kabbalah, I read the Bible. They all got the same three basic principles: Love God, love your neighbor as yourself, and…As far as me being, I live by those principles."
- “My mentality, I guess. I used to deal with things totally different than the way that I deal with things now. And I believe that comes through growth and maturity. And when you grow, your way of life changes. Everything changes. The things that were interesting at one point, they’re not as interesting now."
Questions About Kevin Gates
Kevin Gates’ net worth is estimated to be roughly $1 million.
Three extended play sixteen mixtapes and twenty-eight singles.
He is from New Orleans, Louisiana, United States