Rajneesh, also known as Acharya Rajneesh, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, and later as Osho, was viewed as a controversial new religious movement leader and mystic. Deep and inspirational quotes by Osho will make you rethink about everything.
Osho is the author of ‘Meditation, the First and Last Freedom’ and ‘The Orange Book’ published by Ed Mediterranee. These, by the way, are just 2 of more than 600 titles by Osho published in over 30 countries.
- Top 10 Osho Quotes
- Inspirational Osho Quotes on Mind, Enjoy and Smile
- 60 Osho Quotes on Happiness
- Deep Osho Quotes on Love and Relationship
- Best Osho Quotes on Life
If you’re searching for famous sayings about life from wise people to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself… look no further! From life-changing Buddha quotes, beautiful Dalai Lama quotes, enlightening Thich Nhat Hanh quotes, we’ve got you covered.
Top 10 Osho Quotes
If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
So if you love a flower, let it be.
Love is not about possession.
Love is about appreciation.
Darkness is an absence of light. Ego is an absence of awareness. ― Osho
If you love a person you will not interfere with his personal life. You would not dare to break the boundaries of his inner world. ― Osho
Experience life in all possible ways —
good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light,
summer-winter. Experience all the dualities.
Don’t be afraid of experience, because
the more experience you have, the more
mature you become.
The greatest fear in the world is the opinion of others, and the moment you are unafraid of the crowd, you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom. ― Osho
A little foolishness, enough to enjoy life, and a little wisdom to avoid the errors, that will do.
The intelligent person depends on his won insight; he trusts his own being. He loves and respects himself. ― Osho
Be — don’t try to become. ― Osho
Never belong to a crowd; Never belong to a nation; Never belong to a religion; Never belong to a race. Belong to the whole existence. Why limit yourself to small things? When the whole is available. ― Osho
Nobody is superior, nobody is inferior but nobody is equal either. People are simply unique, incomparable. You are you, I am I. ― Osho
Inspirational Osho Quotes on Mind, Enjoy and Smile
I teach you joy, not sadness. I teach you playfulness, not seriousness. I teach you love and laughter, because to me there is nothing more sacred than love and laughter, and there is nothing more prayerful than playfulness. I don’t teach you renunciation, as it has been taught down the ages. I teach you: Rejoice, rejoice, and rejoice again! Rejoicing should be the essential core of my sannyasins.
The past is no more and the future is not yet: both are unnecessarily moving in directions which don’t exist. One used to exist, but no longer exists, and one has not even started to exist. The only right person is one who lives moment to moment.
Yoga means now. You will have to be a harmony. You will have to become one.
Life repeats itself mindlessly – unless you become mindful, it will go on repeating like a wheel.
My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices. It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently.
There is no other greater ecstasy than to know who you are.
It is beautiful to be alone, it is also beautiful to to be in love, to be with people. And they are complementary, not contradictory.
Millions of people are suffering: they want to be loved but they don’t know how to love. And love cannot exist as a monologue; it is a dialogue, a very harmonious dialogue.
Be a lotus flower. Be in the water, and do not let the water touch you.
I love this world because it is imperfect. It is imperfect, and that’s why it is growing; if it was perfect it would have been dead.
To be creative means to be in love with life.
Tomorrow never comes, it is always today.
This is one of my favorite Osho quotes on happiness and sadness. Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches.
I live my life based on 2 principles. One, I live as if today was my last day on earth. Two, I live today as if I am going to live forever.
Be like an alone peak high in the sky. Why should you hanker to belong? You are not a thing! Things belong!
Don’t seek, don’t search, don’t ask, don’t knock, don’t demand – relax.
If you relax it comes, if you relax it is there. If you relax, you start vibrating with it.
Relax, let go. But remember only one thing: You are a Witness.
Awareness functions almost like magic.
Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less, feel more.
Respect life, revere life. There is nothing more holy than life, nothing more divine than life.
Love is the goal, life is the journey.
Life is not a problem. To look at it as a problem is to take a wrong step. It is a mystery to be lived, loved, experienced.
Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.
The more you share your inner wealth, the more you have it.
Courage is a love affair with the unknown.
Commit as many mistakes as possible, remembering only one thing: don’t commit the same mistake again. And you will be growing.
One just needs a little alertness to see and find out: Life is really a great cosmic laughter.
Past and future are two aspects of the same coin. The name of the coin is mind.
Rather than thinking how to get love, start giving. If you give, you get. Everybody is interested in getting and nobody seems to enjoy giving. Love is not a business, so stop being businesslike.
Don’t be angry at life. It is not life that is frustrating you, it is you who are not listening to life.
Total emptiness means the whole cosmos, unlimited in your hands.
You need either to create something or discover something. Either bring your potential to actuality or go inwards to find yourself but do something with your freedom.
If you suffer it is because of you, if you feel blissful it is because of you. Nobody else is responsible – only you and you alone.
You cannot cling to anything in a changing world.
Don’t be unnecessarily burdened by the past. Go on closing the chapters that you have read, there is no need to go back again and again.
Always remember to judge everything by your inner feeling of bliss.
Don’t move the way fear makes you move. Move the way love makes you move. Move the way joy makes you move.
The greatest freedom is to be free of our own mind.
60 Osho Quotes on Happiness
- “Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance."
- “Be realistic: Plan for a miracle."
- “Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny – he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally – you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you."
- “Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it."
- “Life begins where fear ends."
- “Falling in love you remain a child; rising in love you mature. By and by love becomes not a relationship, it becomes a state of your being. Not that you are in love – now you are love."
- “You feel good, you feel bad, and these feelings are bubbling from your own unconsciousness, from your own past. Nobody is responsible except you. Nobody can make you angry, and nobody can make you happy."
- “Truth is not something outside to be discovered, it is something inside to be realized."
- “I’m simply saying that there is a way to be sane. I’m saying that you can get rid of all this insanity created by the past in you. Just by being a simple witness of your thought processes.
- It is simply sitting silently, witnessing the thoughts, passing before you. Just witnessing, not interfering not even judging, because the moment you judge you have lost the pure witness. The moment you say “this is good, this is bad," you have already jumped onto the thought process.
- It takes a little time to create a gap between the witness and the mind. Once the gap is there, you are in for a great surprise, that you are not the mind, that you are the witness, a watcher.
- And this process of watching is the very alchemy of real religion. Because as you become more and more deeply rooted in witnessing, thoughts start disappearing. You are, but the mind is utterly empty.
- That’s the moment of enlightenment. That is the moment that you become for the first time an unconditioned, sane, really free human being."
- “My effort here is to create bliss, not happiness. Happiness is worthless; it depends on unhappiness. Bliss is transcendence: one moves beyond the duality of being happy and unhappy. One watches both; happiness comes, one watches and does not become identified with it. One does not say, ‘I am happy. Peace, it is wonderful.’ One simply watches, one says, ‘Yes, a white cloud passing.’
- “And then comes unhappiness, and one does not become unhappy either. One says, ‘A black cloud passing. I am the witness, the watcher.’
- “This is what meditation is all about, just becoming a watcher. Failure comes, success comes, you are praised, you are condemned, you are respected, you are insulted – all kinds of things come, they are all dualities. And you go on watching. Watching the duality, a third force arises in you; a third dimension arises in you. The duality means two dimensions: one dimension is happiness; another is unhappiness. Watching both, a depth arises in you: the third dimension, witnessing, sakshin.
- “And that third dimension brings bliss. Bliss is without any opposite to it. It is serene, tranquil, cool. It is ecstasy without any excitement."
- “Meditation is enjoying oneself, just sitting silently doing nothing: happy, joyous without any reason, because all reasons come from outside. You meet a beautiful woman and you are happy, or you meet a beautiful man and you are happy – but the meditator is simply happy. His happiness has no reason from the outside world; his happiness wells up within himself.
- “Relationship is happiness coming from the other, but have you watched, when happiness is coming from the other it must be welling up in the other, otherwise how will it reach you? And your happiness is reaching the other, you are both enjoying each other’s happiness; you are drinking out of each other’s well. And the well is there, otherwise how can you drink? But the woman that you love thinks she is enjoying your happiness – you are making her happy, you are the cause of her happiness. And you are thinking she is the cause of your happiness. But if you can both be causes to each other’s happiness, can’t you be a cause to your own happiness?"
- “The essential religion is taking the whole responsibility for whatsoever you are. And immediately an insight arises: ‘If I am responsible for my suffering, then it is simple, I can drop it. It is my choice. I will not choose it any more.’
- “A Sufi mystic who had always remained happy was asked…. For seventy years people had watched him, he had never been found sad. One day they asked him, ‘What is the secret of your happiness?’ He said, ‘There is no secret. Every morning when I wake up, I meditate for five minutes and I say to myself, ‘Listen, now there are two possibilities: you can be miserable, or you can be blissful. Choose.’ And I always choose to be blissful.’
- “All alternatives are open. Choose to be blissful. And then there are people who can be blissful even when they are imprisoned, and there are people who remain miserable even when they are living in marble palaces. It all depends on you."
- “Happiness has nothing to do with what you have or don’t have. Happiness is related to what you are. However many things you may collect, perhaps they may increase your worries, your troubles, but happiness will not increase because of them. Certainly unhappiness will increase with them, but they have no relation to an increase in your happiness.
- “I am not saying that you should renounce things, that you should escape from your home and renounce the marketplace. No, don’t misunderstand my statement. What is, is good. Nothing will happen either by dropping things and escaping from them or by clinging to them. Remain where you are, but begin the search within. Much outer searching has already been done, now go within. Now know the one, in this knowing one attains all. All desires are at once fulfilled."
- “If you are happy, you are happy; nobody asks you why you are happy. Yes, if you are miserable, a question is relevant. If you are miserable, somebody can ask why you are miserable, and the question is relevant – because misery is against nature, something wrong is happening. When you are happy, nobody asks you why you are happy, except for a few neurotics. There are such people; I cannot deny the possibility.
- “I have heard about a patient – the psychiatrist was bored with him. Of course, he was getting enough money out of him, but he was getting bored by and by – three, four, five years of psychoanalysis, and the man was repeating the same again and again and again. The psychiatrist said, ‘Do one thing: go to the mountains for a few days. That will be very helpful.’
- “So the patient went to the mountains, and do you know what? Next day a telegram arrived for the psychiatrist. The patient said in the telegram, ‘I am feeling very happy – why?’
- “Feeling very happy – why? An explanation is needed. No, happiness needs no explanation, happiness is its own explanation. God is creating because that is the only way he can be happy, that is the only way he loves, that is the only way he sings, that’s the only way he can be at all. Creation is his innermost nature, no why is needed.
- “When you are happy you are ordinary, because to be happy is just to be natural. To be miserable is to become extraordinary. Nothing is special in being happy – trees are happy, birds are happy, animals are happy, children are happy. What is special in that? It is just the usual thing in existence. Existence is made of the stuff called happiness. Just look! – can’t you see these trees?…so happy. Can’t you see the birds singing?…so happily. Happiness has nothing special in it. Happiness is a very ordinary thing.
- “Misery makes you special. Misery makes you more egoistic. A miserable man can have a more concentrated ego than a happy man. A happy man really cannot have the ego, because a person becomes happy only when there is no ego. The more egoless, the more happy; the more happy, the more egoless. You dissolve into happiness. You cannot exist together with happiness; you exist only when there is misery. In happiness there is dissolution."
- “Don’t be too much concerned about money, because that is the greatest distraction against happiness. And the irony of ironies is that people think they will be happy when they have money. Money has nothing to do with happiness. If you are happy and you have money, you can use it for happiness. If you are unhappy and you have money, you will use that money for more unhappiness. Because money is simply a neutral force.
- “I am not against money – remember. Don’t misinterpret me: I am not against money. I am not against anything. Money is a means. If you are happy and you have money, you will become more happy. If you are unhappy and you have money, you will become more unhappy because what will you do with your money? Your money will enhance your pattern, whatsoever it is. If you are miserable and you have power, what will you do with your power? You will poison yourself more with your power, you will become more miserable."
- “Many times people come to me to be reassured. They ask, they say, ‘I’m feeling very happy and blissful. What do you say?’ What is the need to say anything? The very need shows that the happiness is unreal and imaginary.
- “If you are really feeling happy, you are feeling happy even if the whole world contradicts you. If the whole world agrees that you are not happy, then too it doesn’t matter. Your happiness is real. It cannot be canceled by anybody’s opinion. But if your happiness is unreal, it can be canceled by anybody. Even a small child can cancel it. You will be constantly looking towards people. You will be smiling, trying to show that you are happy so that they can say, ‘Yes. You are very happy. You look very happy.’"
- “If life is a gift then all that belongs to life is going to be a gift. Happiness, love, meditation – all that is beautiful is going to be a gift from the holy, from the whole. You cannot deserve it in any way and you cannot force existence to make you happy, or to make you loving, or to make you meditative. That very effort is of the ego. That very effort creates misery. That very effort goes against you. That very effort has destroyed you – it is suicidal.
- "It is impossible to pursue happiness. Nobody has ever pursued it. One has to wait for it. And it is not a right at all. No law court can force you to be happy or force happiness to be with you. No government violence is capable of making you happy. No power can make you happy…
- "The very idea that you can pursue happiness, that you can deserve it, that you can demand it, that you have the right to be happy, is foolish. Nobody has the right to be happy. You can be happy, but there is nothing like a right about it. And if you think that it is your right you will go on missing, because you have started to look in the wrong direction from the very beginning.
- "Why is it so? If live is a gift, all that belongs to and is intrinsic to life is going to be a gift. You can wait for it, you can be receptive to it, you can remain in a surrendered mood, waiting, patient, but you cannot demand, and you cannot force."
- "Happiness is one pole, sadness is another. Blissfulness is one pole, misery is another. Life consists of both, and life is richer because of both. A life only of blissfulness will have extension, but will not have depth. A life of only sadness will have depth, but will not have extension.
- “A life of both sadness and blissfulness is multi-dimensional; it moves in all dimensions together. Watch the statue of Buddha or sometimes look into my eyes and you will find both together – a blissfulness, a peace, a sadness also.
- “You will find a blissfulness which contains in it sadness also, because that sadness gives it depth. Watch Buddha’s statue – blissful, but still sad. The very word sad gives you wrong connotations – that something is wrong. This is your interpretation. To me, life in its totality is good."
- “Whenever you feel happiness it is always from the inner. Then mind immediately jumps in and takes control and says, ‘It is because of me.’ When you are in love, it is like death, you feel blissful. Immediately mind comes in and says, ‘Okay, this is me, this is because of me.”
- “Whenever you meditate, there are glimpses. Then the mind comes in and says, ‘Be happy! Look, I have done it.’ And immediately the contact is lost.”
- “Remember this: with mind you will always be a loser. Even if you are victorious, your victories will be just defeats. With mind there is no victory, with no-mind there is no defeat. You have to shift your whole consciousness from mind to no-mind. Once no-mind is there, everything is victorious. Once the no-mind is there, nothing goes wrong, nothing can go wrong."
- “We ask for happiness but what we get is unhappiness. We all put our efforts into trying to be happy but we make a fundamental mistake: happiness is not related to the effort, happiness is related to not asking for it…
- “Experiment with this a little. During these days that you are here with me, don’t nourish any desire for happiness, and then see how your heart becomes filled with happiness. Don’t have any desire for peace, and see how the turmoil within you vanishes. Don’t beg for contentment and see how contentment showers down on you. Please try this – only then will you understand.
- “This is the deepest experiment of life. And whatever has been discovered in regard to life, this is the most significant finding of all: don’t ask for happiness if you want to be happy, don’t ask for peace if you want to be peaceful. Whatever you ask for will be lost. Whatever you do not ask for you will get. You have asked many times and seen that you do not receive it. Now try not asking and see. There is no need to believe me; there is a need to experiment."
- “What is wrong with enjoying yourself? What is wrong in being happy? If there is anything wrong it is always in your unhappiness, because an unhappy person creates ripples of unhappiness all around him. Be happy!"
- “Really, all moralities are against happiness. Someone is happy, and you feel something has gone wrong. When someone is sad, everything is okay. We live in a neurotic society where everyone is sad. When you are sad, everyone is happy because everyone can sympathize with you. When you are happy, everyone is at a loss. What to do with you? When someone sympathizes with you, look at his face. The face gleams; a subtle shining comes to the face. He is happy sympathizing. If you are happy, then there is no possibility for this. Your happiness creates sadness in others; your unhappiness creates happiness. This is neurosis! The very foundation seems to be mad.
- “Tantra says be real, be authentic to yourself. Your happiness is not bad; it is good. It is not sin! Only sadness is sin, only to be miserable is sin. To be happy is virtue because a happy person will not create unhappiness for others. Only a happy person can be a ground for others’ happiness."
- “It is my observation that all human hearts are the same and that their ultimate desire is also the same. This soul wants happiness, perfect and pure happiness, because only then will all desires end. As long as desire exists misery exists, because with desire there can be no peace.
- “The total absence of desire brings happiness. It also brings freedom and liberation, because whenever something is lacking there are both limits and dependency. Only when nothing at all is lacking is there the possibility of total freedom. Freedom brings happiness. And happiness is salvation.
- “The desire for total happiness and for ultimate freedom lies dormant in everyone. It is in the form of a seed. It is like a seed that contains a tree within it. In the same way, the fulfillment of man’s ultimate desire is hidden in his very nature. In its perfectly developed state, it is our nature to be happy, to be free. Our real nature is the only thing that is true, and only perfecting it can bring complete satisfaction."
- “Spread compassion all around you. Look around you – people are so unhappy, don’t add to their unhappiness. Your compassion will lessen their unhappiness; just one word of compassion will lessen their unhappiness. Don’t add to their unhappiness.
- “You are all adding to each other’s unhappiness; you are all helping each other to be more unhappy. Every single man has many people behind him making him unhappy. If an understanding of compassion is there, then you will change all the ways that you cause unhappiness in others. And if you can bring happiness to someone’s life, you will find a way to do it.
- “Remember one thing: the one who brings unhappiness to others in the end becomes unhappy himself, and the one who brings happiness to others in the end reaches to the heights of happiness. That’s why I am saying that someone who tries to give happiness develops the center of happiness inside himself, and someone who tries to bring unhappiness to others develops the center of unhappiness inside himself.
- “The fruit does not come from the outside, the fruit is created within you. Whatever you do, you develop receptivity for it inside yourself. Someone who wants love should give his love. Someone who wants bliss should start sharing his bliss. Someone who wants flowers to shower in his home should shower flowers in other people’s homes. There is no other way. So compassion is an emotion that each person has to develop in order to enter into meditation."
- “When I say be creative I don’t mean that you should all go and become great painters and great poets. I simply mean let your life be a painting, let your life be a poem."
- “What is discipline? Discipline means creating an order within you. As you are, you are a chaos."
- “Only laughter makes a man rich, but the laughter has to be blissful."
Deep Osho Quotes on Love and Relationship
The relationship is the need of those who cannot be alone. Two alone persons relate, communicate, commune, and yet they remain alone.
Many times I say learn the art of love, but what I really mean is: Learn the art of removing all that hinders love. It is a negative process. It is like digging a well: You go on removing many layers of earth, stones, rocks, and then suddenly there is water. The water was always there; it was an undercurrent. Now you have removed all the barriers, the water is available. So is love: Love is the undercurrent of your being. It is already flowing, but there are many rocks, many layers of earth to be removed.
Love has to be of the quality that gives freedom, not new chains for you; a love that gives you wings and supports you to fly as high as possible.
Love cannot be taught, it can only be caught.
I say to you, you are absolutely free, unconditionally free. Don’t avoid the responsibility; avoiding is not going to help. The sooner you accept it the better, because immediately you can start creating yourself. And the moment you create yourself great joy arises, and when you have completed yourself, the way you wanted to, there is immense contentment, just as when a painter finishes his painting, the last touch, and a great contentment arises in his heart. A job well done brings great peace. One feels that one has participated with the whole.
Love is happy when it is able to give something. The ego is happy when it is able to take something.
Real love is not an escape from loneliness, real love is an overflowing aloneness. One is so happy in being alone that one would like to share.
In real love there is no relationship, because there are not two persons to be related to. In real love there is only love, a flowering, a fragrance, a melting, a merging. Only in egoistic love are there two persons, the lover and the loved. And whenever there is the lover and the loved, love disappears. Whenever there is love, the lover and the beloved both disappear into love.
Sharing is the most precious religious experience. Sharing is good.
If you work without love, you are working like a slave. When you work with love, you work like an emperor. Your work is your joy, your work is your dance.
I teach you to be more conscious. And love will come as you become more conscious: it is a guest that comes, that comes inevitably to those who are ready and prepared to receive it.
Love is authentic only when it gives freedom. Love is true only when it respects the other person’s individuality, his privacy.
Love is a rose flower in your being, but prepare your being. Dispel the darkness and the unconsciousness. Become more and more alert and aware, and love will come of its own accord, in its own time. You need not worry about it. And whenever it comes it is always perfect.
Love is a ladder. It starts with one person, it ends with the totality. Love is the beginning, God is the end. To be afraid of love, to be afraid of the growing pains of love, is to remain enclosed in a dark cell. Modern man is living in a dark cell. It is narcissistic – narcissism is the greatest obsession of the modern mind. And then there are problems, which are meaningless. There are problems that are creative because they lead you to higher awareness. There are problems that lead you nowhere; they simply keep you tethered, they simply keep you in your old mess. Love creates problems. You can avoid those problems by avoiding love – but those are very essential problems! They have to be faced, encountered; they have to be lived and gone through and gone beyond. And to go beyond, the way is through. Love is the only real thing worth doing. All else is secondary. If it helps love, it is good. All else is just a means, love is the end. So whatever the pain, go into love.
Best Osho Quotes on Life
In relationship, be blissful, in aloneness be aware and they will help each other, like two wings of a bird.
Nobody else can destroy you except you; nobody else can save you except you. You are the Judas and you are the Jesus.
The less the head, the more the wound will heal. No head there is no wound. Live a headless life. Move as a total being, and accept things.
When you really laugh for those few moments you are in a deep meditative state. Thinking stops. It is impossible to laugh and think together.
Celebration is my attitude, unconditional to what life brings.
Life in itself is so beautiful that to ask the question of the meaning of life is simply nonsense.
Life is a mirror, it reflects your face. Be friendly, and all of life will reflect friendliness.
Whatever you are doing, don’t let past move your mind;don’t let future disturb you. Because the past is no more, and the future is not yet.
Fools are more healthy then the so-called wise. Thy live in the moment and they know that thy are fools, so thy are not worried about what others think about them.
Don’t be serious about seriousness. Laugh about it, be a little foolish. Don’t condemn foolishness; it has its own beauties.
It cannot be called freedom, a freedom which can choose only the right and not the wrong; then that is not freedom.
Only silence communicates the truth as it is.
If you love yourself, you will be surprised: others will love you. Nobody loves a person who does not love himself.
Lovers have known sometimes what saints have not known.
Love is not manageable, it is simply something that happens, and the moment you try to manage it everything misfire.
Your honesty, Your love, Your compassion should come from your inner being, not from teachings and scriptures.
If you clean the floor with love, you have done an invisible painting. Live each moment in such delight that it gives you something inner.
Never obey anyone’s command unless it is coming from within you also.
That’s why children look so beautiful because they are yet full of hope, full of dreams, and they have not yet known frustration.
You will come closer and closer to perfection, but you will never be perfect. Perfection is not the way of existence. Growth is the way.
Don’t analyze, celebrate it.
NOW is the only reality – all else is either memory or imagination.
The Mind: a beautiful servant, a dangerous master.
Whatsoever you hide goes on growing, and whatsoever you expose, if it is wrong it disappears, evaporates in the sun, and if it is right it is nourished.
Love brings freedom. Loyalty brings slavery.
Misery comes the moment you become clinging, attached. The moment you put conditions on life.
Die each moment so that you are renewed each moment.
Instead of pleasing, learn the art of happiness.
Happiness is an art that one has to learn. It has nothing to do with your doing or not doing.
Friendship is a relationship, friendliness is a state of your being. You are simply friendly; to whom, that is not the point. . .
Life is a mystery, and there is nothing to explain everything is just open, it is in front of you. Encounter it! Meet it! Be courageous!
Sadness comes, joy comes, and everything passes by. What remains always is the witness. The witness is beyond all polarities.
Freedom is our most precious treasure. Don’t lose it for anything. . . .
Forget about getting, simply give; and I guarantee you, you will get much.
Take it easy, and remember “Easy is Right."
Love needs two things: it has to be rooted in freedom and it has to know the art of trust.
Possessiveness destroys love. And they should not be possessed, because that again destroys your love.
Nobody has the power to take two steps together; you can take only one step at a time.
You are a great problem-creator. Just understand this and suddenly problems disappear.
This very moment you can drop all problems because they are your creation.
Life is absolutely balanced between the positive and the negative. Now it is your choice which side you want to be – in heaven or in hell.
The ego is an island in the ocean of Hell. You want to get rid of the Hell but you don’t want to get rid of that island. Then there is trouble.
Never sacrifice your life for anything! Sacrifice everything for life! Life is the ultimate goal.
People say love is blind because they do not know what love is. I say unto you, only love has eyes; other than love, everything is blind.
Love is not manageable, it is simply something that happens, and the moment you try to manage, everything misfires.
You don’t have any problems. Only this much has to be understood. This very moment you can drop all problems because they are your creations.
By ‘Love’ people mean a certain kind of monopoly understanding a simple fact: that the moment you possess a living being you have killed him.
You can become happy just by deciding to be happy.
A certain darkness is needed to see the stars.
We remain unnecessarily worried. All worries are futile because that which is going to happen is going to happen.
Love is the ultimate, the end. You love for love’s own sake. It is not a means to anything else, it is its own end.
Love is just like a breeze: it comes, but you should not close your doors to keep the breeze inside.
The only thing that matters in life is your own opinion about yourself, nobody can destroy your dignity then, because it is not dependent on anybody’s opinion.
I would like marriage to disappear completely from the world, and with marriage, divorce will disappear.
People are not things, you cannot have ownership.
Eyes which have lost their tears have lost their most beautiful, their most glorious treasure.
Never be ashamed of your tears. Be proud that you are still natural. Be proud that you can express the inexpressible through your tears.
One day you will disappear on a funeral pyre – just into nothingness, as smoke. Don’t get attached to anything
Some Facts About Bhagwan Rajneesh
He has taken “Osho" name from the poetry of William James: “Oceanic experience"
After he have found enlightenment, he introduced the practice of “dynamic meditation" in 1970. After that he also became a spiritual teacher.
No. He died January 19, 1990. Pune, India. Because of heart failure