SpongeBob SquarePants is an American animated television series created by marine biologist and animator Stephen Hillenburg for Nickelodeon.
SpongeBob quotes are so universal and with the situations, references, and words used, SpongeBob is one of animated series that can appeal to adults as well as children and it never gets old.
Without a doubt, characters of SpongeBob SquarePants have amazing iconic quotes that we all still use in our daily language, even when it’s ridiculous. With too many to count, here are some favorite “SpongeBob” quotes, from ones that all fans should know, to ones we use every day.
There are many others such as beautiful Peter Pan quotes, funny beauty and the beast quotes, and Yoda quotes on happiness continue to resonate with me not only because of the humor but also due to the life-long lessons and wisdom the characters give.
List of Spongebob Square Pants Quotes To Make You Smile
- Well, it’s no secret that the best thing about a secret is secretly telling someone your secret, thereby, secretly adding another secret to their secret collection of secret, secretly.
- If you believe in yourself and with a tiny pinch of magic, all your dreams can come true. – Spongebob
- Everything FUN!
- Firmly grasp it in your hand.
- Spongebob: Aw, cheer up, Squid! It could be worse! Patrick: Yeah. You could be bald and have a big nose.
- It’s not always what you say that matters, sometimes it’s what you don’t say. – Mr. Krabs
- Do you smell it? That smell, the kind of smelly smell. A smelly smell that smells… smelly.
- -Patrick, I don’t think Wumbo is a real word.
-Come on. You know, I wumbo, you wumbo, he/she/me wumbo. Wombology, the study of wumbo! It’s first grade Spongebob!
- No one can change a person, but someone can be a reason for that person to change. – Spongebob
- The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma. – Patrick Star
- You’re a man now, SpongeBob, and it’s time you started acting like one. – Patrick Star
- I don’t get it. I made my house a mess, which was making it clean, which made Squidward clean my yard, but that really means he’s messing it up. But the opposite of clean is filth, which means filth is clean, that means Squidward is really making my yard a wreck, but I normally wreck my own yard which means, Squidward is being the opposite of Squidward which means he’s Spongebob!
- You never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory. – Spongebob
- Spongebob: “What do you usually do when I’m gone? Patrick: “waiting for you to come back.”
- Is Mayonnaise an instrument?
- With imagination, you can be anything you want. – Spongebob
- Spongebob: Excuse me, sir, but you’re sitting on my body, which is also my face.
- F is for fire that burns down the whole town, U is for Uranium…bombs! N is for no survivors!
- You don’t need a license to drive a sandwich.
- Sometimes we have to go deep inside ourselves to solve our problems. – Patrick Star
- Well, it may be stupid, but it’s also dumb.
- The best time to wear a striped sweater…is all the time.
- Too bad SpongeBob’s not here to enjoy Spongebob not being here. – Squidward
- Home is where you’re surrounded by other critters that care about you. – Sandy Cheeks
- Once there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died… the end.
- It took three days to make that potato salad…three days!!!
- Always follow your heart unless your heart is bad with directions. – Spongebob
- if I were to die right now in a fiery explosion due to the carelessness of a friend…. Then it would just be alright. – Spongebob
- Can I be excused for the rest of my life?
- -Patrick, you’re a genius!
-Yeah, I get called that a lot.
-What? A genius?
- Oh, these aren’t homemade. They were made in a factory… a bomb factory. They’re bombs.
- Squidward: “Do you have to stand so close? You’re making me claustrophobic!” Patrick: “What does claustrophobic mean?” Spongebob: “I think it means he’s afraid of Santa Claus.” Patrick:”Ho, Ho,Ho!” Spongebob: “Stop it, Patrick! You’re scaring him!””
- You’ll never get what you want if you always let people step on you. – Plankton
- You just CAN’T WAIT for me to die, can you?
- Do instruments of torture count?
- Can you give SpongeBob his brain back, I had to borrow it for the week. – Patrick Star
- Gary, I’m absorbing his blows like I’m made of some sort of spongy material.
- SpongeBob: I knew a guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy, who knew this guy’s cousin…
- Knowledge cannot replace friendship. – Patrick Star
- Hello, we’re with the pet hospital down the street, and I understand you have a dying animal on the premises.
- Hey Patrick, I thought of something funnier than 24… 25!
- Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are…(drools)
- We should take Bikini Bottom and push it somewhere else!
- The Krusty Krab pizza is the pizza for you and me.
- Mermaid Man: Now, who wants to save the world?
Spongebob: I do!
Patrick: I do!
Sandy Cheeks: I do!
Squidward: I don’t.
- This is not your average, everyday darkness. This is… ADVANCED darkness.
- Patrick: Is Sandy the one I call “Mom”? SpongeBob: No Patrick, that’s your mother.
- See, no one says “cool” anymore. That’s such an old person thing. Now we say “coral”, as in “That nose job is so coral. – Pearl Krabs
- Squidward, your ceiling is talking to me. – Patrick Star
- Too bad Spongebob isn’t here to enjoy Spongebob not being here.
- Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.
- I’ll have you know that I stubbed by toe last week and only cried for 20 minutes.
- Holographic Meatloaf? My favorite! – Plankton
- A five letter word for happiness…money. – Mr. Krabs
- Spongebob: “No, Gary. I like wearing my underwear like this!”
- Patrick: Are they laughing at us?
Spongebob: No, Patrick. They’re laughing next to us.
- Hey Patrick what am I now?
-No! I’m Texas!
-What’s the difference?
- -Patrick, don’t you have to be stupid somewhere else?
-Not until 4.
- Are you Squidward now? … That’s okay take your time.
- Good people don’t rip other people’s arms off.
- SpongeBob: We’re not doing so well, Patrick. We need a new approach, a new tactic. Patrick: Umm, I got it. Let’s get naked!
- Spongebob: “Run Mr. Krabs! Run like you’re not in a coma!”
- SpongeBob: Hi, Kevin. I’m your biggest fan.
Kevin the Sea Cucumber: That’s nice. Security!
SpongeBob: No, no! I’ll do anything you want!
Kevin the Sea Cucumber: Go jump off a building.
[SpongeBob jumps off building, returns]
Kevin the Sea Cucumber: Punch yourself in the face.
[SpongeBob punches himself with a boxing glove]
Kevin the Sea Cucumber: Doesn’t that hurt?
SpongeBob: [Puts on a metal gauntlet with spikes] Do you want it to hurt, Kevin?
- Squidward that’s not the peace treaty, that’s a copy of the peace treaty.
- Spongebob: Quick, Patrick, without thinking: if you could have anything right now, what would it be? Patrick: Um… more time for thinking.
- Spongebob: “Wow, Patrick, I didn’t know you spoke bird.” Patrick: “No, Spongebob, that’s Italian
- There it is. The finest eating establishment ever established for eating. The Krusty Krab, home of the Krabby Patty, with the Help Wanted sign on the front. I’ve waited years for this moment. I’m gonna go in there, march straight up to the manager, look at him straight in the eye, lay it on the line, and – I can’t do it!