Sisters and brothers are bonded to each other for life. Sharing many memories, hopes, and dreams is the reality of this strong relationship. Cute brother and sister quotes perfectly sum up your unique and special relationship.
If you’re searching for sweet family quotes and top father son quotes that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of cute sibling quotes, best baby boy quotes and popular baby girl quotes.
Best Brother And Sister Quotes
The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend. Cali Rae Turner
I have a tendency to become a mother to everyone around me. My brother and sister are always complaining that I’m too protective. Penelope Cruz
A sibling is the lense through which you see your childhood. Ann Hood
I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends. James Boswell
I see a brother and sister, sitting over there together, fighting over a toy, they just can’t seem to see, their love shining through, with every smile that they bring. Valerie Dupont
Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply. Jane Austen
I would ask my parents something, but then go to my siblings. We were encouraged to bounce ideas off everyone. Ahmet Zappa
Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they will still be there. Amy Li
Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life. Suzie Huitt
If thy brother wrongs thee, remember not so much his wrong-doing, but more than ever that he is thy brother. Epictetus
My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder who’s memories belong to whom. Shannon Celebi
Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. Vietnamese Proverb
The thing with brothers is, you’re supposed to take turns being the keeper. Sometimes you get to sit down and be the brother who is kept. Orson Scott Card
I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. Maya Angelou
Being sister and brother means being there for each other. Shellygb
Brothers and sisters separated by distance joined by love. Chuck Danes
Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk. Susan Scarf Merrell
Know that all people are your brothers and sisters. Jonathan Lockwood Huie
My brother is one of my true heroes. Steady and sober where I am impulsive and emotional. Mark McKinnon
Growing up, I had a very normal relationship with my brother and sister. But, over time, they became my best friends, and now I hang out with them all the time. I’m very close with them. Logan Lerman
Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long. Susan Scarf Merrell
After a girl is grown, her little brothers now her protectors seem like big brothers. Terri Guillemets
I was the youngest child and got a lot more freedom than my brother and sister. I used to wander, doing my own thing under the radar, but I didn’t get in bad, bad trouble. Paul Giamatti
Being his real brother, I could feel I live in his shadows, but I never have and I do not now. I live in his glow. Michael Morpurgo
If I perceive in another person mainly the surface, I perceive mainly the differences, that which separates us. If I penetrate to the core, I perceive our identity, the fact of our brotherhood. Erich Fromm
Getting close to books, and spending time by myself, I was obliged to think about things I would never have thought about if I was busy romping around with a brother and sister. Shelby Foote
Until blacks and whites see each other as brother and sister, we will not have parity. It’s very clear. Maya Angelou
What sets sisters apart from brothers and also from friends is a very intimate mashing of heart, soul and the mystical cords of memory. Carol Saline
A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. Isadora James
My brother and sister were very sporty. They all did rugby. I was very into performing arts. I went to the National Youth Music Theatre. I was one of those singing, clapping children. Jonathan Anderson
I told them that anything they do for their brothers and sisters is good if they do it with a good thought. Charles Manson
My big advert was for ketchup. I come home from school, cook my brother and sister their dinner, ride my bike in the garden. Remember that one? People cried at that advert. It won awards. I was twelve. Russell Tovey
My brother and sister are both older than I am and were born before my father went off to World War I. Douglass North
My elder brother and sister were both sporty and academic, and I think, subconsciously, I knew I couldn’t go down that avenue. Rose Leslie
Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other. Leonardo DiCaprio
I watched ‘Billy Madison’ maybe 80 times. It’s my favorite movie. Watched it, like, a million times. My brother and sister watched it with me all the time. Ansel Elgort
Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other. James Patterson
When I was 4 years old, my brother and sister died of hunger, so I achieved my success through confidence, self-motivation, and my hard work. Chen Guangbiao
Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone. Jolene Perry
There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother. Astrid Alauda
If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day that’s the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That’s the only reason I’m OK right now. Amaury Nolasco
Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. Marc Brown
Sincere art brings us together, the brotherhood and sisterhood of mankind. Yaroslaw Rozputnyak
Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships. Wes Adamson
When sisters and brothers stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?
What’s the good news if you haven’t a sister to share it? Jenny DeVries
Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together. Sam Levenson
We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let’s go hand in hand, not one before another. William Shakespeare
Side by side or miles apart, brothers and sisters will always be connected by heart.
Time and distance mean nothing between brothers and sisters. We are always in each other’s heart.
We are part of a great whole. All living things are our brothers and sisters. Kenneth Clark
A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. Marion C. Garretty
Top Brother Sister Quotes to Make You Smile!
- I had a really wonderful upbringing. We were a tight family. It was wonderful to grow up with so many siblings. We were all just a year or two apart, and we were always so supportive of each other. I learned everything from my older brother and sister and taught it to my younger sisters. Joaquin Phoenix
- Your parents are the parents you know best. Your brother and sister, if you have them, are the brother and sister you know best. They may not be the ones you like the best. They may not be the most interesting, but they are the closest and probably the clearest to you. James Salter
- When we were children, every day after school, my brother and sister and I would go to my mother’s office. It was full of pencils and marker and fabrics and beads. It was so much fun to be a child and to express my creativity through drawing and to playing dress up in all of the wonderful and colorful clothes. Margherita Missoni
- Yeah, I started when I was 6 years old. My brother and sister would get all of these presents at Christmas time from the cast and crew of their show and I was jealous. So, I decided that I had to become an actor. Sara Gilbert
- The great renewal of the world will perhaps consist in this, that man and maid, freed of all false feelings and reluctances, will seek each other not as opposites, but as brother and sister, as neighbors, and will come together as human beings. Rainer Maria Rilke
- Respect one another as brother and sister. Always respect them as much as they respect you.
- Always treat others with the respect they deserve. Be your brother and your sister’s keeper.
- Having a sister taught me to love and respect women & having an older brother taught me how to treat them.
- As a little brother, I respect you care for you and love for you. I won’t disappoint you sister.
- My brother and sister had a much worse childhood, I think, because they were older, and they had to deal with a lot more racism because they grew up in the ’70s and I grew up more in the ’80s. So they had to deal with crosses being burned on their lawn and their dogs being poisoned. Mariah Carey
- I’m a quasi-only child. With my brother and sister, I’ve more of a tendency to be semi-maternal. So, yes, I spent a lot of time talking to myself. I had this big dressing-up box and would just dress up as lots of characters and talk back to myself. Verging on schizophrenia, I suppose, if you analyze it carefully. Natalie Dormer
- A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother. Samuel Richardson
- I have a younger brother and sister who actually play in my band, and we were always into Disney music, big time. The first time I heard myself sing was when I recorded myself singing a Disney song. I remember it because it was awful, and I didn’t expect to hear that. I think it was ‘A Whole New World’ from ‘Aladdin.’ Laura Mvula
- There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother. Oh, how I hated that little boy, and how I love him too. Anna Quindlan
- I think people that have a brother or sister don’t realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there’s always somebody there, somebody that’s family. Trey Parker & Matt Stone
- A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self. Marian Sandmaier
- You must recognize that the way to get the good out of your brother and your sister is not to return evil for evil. Louis Farrakhan
- The love between a brother and sister just over a year apart in age held fast. It wasn’t twinship, and it wasn’t romance, but it was more like a passionate loyalty to a dying brand. Meg Wolitzer
- Language is political. That’s why you and me, my brother and sister, that’s why we supposed to choke our natural self into the weird, lying, barbarous, unreal, white speech and writing habits that the schools lay down like a holy law. June Jordan
- I may have had a crush on Zac, but we are like brother and sister, so nothing would ever happen. Vanessa Hudgens
- As a brother and sister, our tastes were pretty different growing up. He liked a lot of early hip-hop. My dad didn’t understand it and would try to talk him out of it. Taryn Manning
- Labor wants pride and joy in doing good work, a sense of making or doing something beautiful or useful, to be treated with dignity and respect as brother and sister. Thorstein Veblen
- There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own. Edwin Markham
- A brother is a friend God gave you; a friend is a brother your heart chose for you. Proverb
- It’s a blessing not to be alone in your grief but it’s also painful to see your parents and siblings in pain. Meghan O’Rourke
- Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. Melodie Ramone
- My great strength, which I very much believe in, is family. For me, family doesn’t simply mean components of DNA. I mean family in the sense of siblings. My mom and my sisters are the energy and inspiration in my life. Riccardo Tisci
- People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction. Yet true happiness comes from a sense of brotherhood and sisterhood. Dalai Lama
- We shared parents, home, pets, celebrations, catastrophes, secrets. And the threads of our experience became so interwoven that we are linked. I can never be utterly lonely, knowing you share the planet. Pam Brown
- I know it’s a cliché, but the whole family is just whacked. I mean, we’re all out of our minds. They’re the funniest, most eccentric bizarre people I’ve ever met, my siblings. Dana Carvey
- I can’t promise to solve all your problems, but I can promise you won’t have to face them alone.
- The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another’s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. Erma Bombeck
- Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form. Jeffrey Kluger
- The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble. Clara Ortega
- You and I are sisters. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up … after I finish laughing.
- I grew up with six brothers. That’s how I learned to dance waiting for the bathroom. Bob Hope
- It’s National Siblings Day, so I just wanted to let you know you are lucky to have me as a sister.
- If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother. Sam Levenson
- To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. Clara Ortega
- Happy National Siblings Day to my closest compatible organ donor.
- Brothers and sisters should never be in the same family. Charles M. Schulz
- Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten. Lilo and Stitch
- What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them. Esther M. Friesner
- Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart.
- Sisters could do a great deal for their brothers, if they would. Isabella MacDonald Alden
- She is my best friend. If you break her heart, I’ll break your face.
- I smile because you’re my sister. I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.
- I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister; this makes me feel that I know always where I belong. Jose Carreras
- No life’s worth more than any other, no sister worth less than any brother. Michael Franti
- Being a big sister is to love your brother, even if he does not want it or love you in return.
- I love you, you were there for me, you protected me, and most of all, you loved me. We’d fight, scream, and argue, but, under it all, is a love. That only exists, in a brother, and a sister.
- Being brother and sister means being there for each other.
- We may look old and wise to the outside world. But to each other, we are still in junior school. Charlotte Gray
- There is no time like the old time, when you and I were young! Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
- Being pretty on the inside means you don’t hit your brother and you eat all your peas — that’s what my grandma taught me. Elizabeth Heller
- We know one another’s faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar. We have been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws. Rose Macaulay
- Sometimes siblings can get in each other’s space. Gisele Bundchen
- Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were. Betsy Cohen
- Comparison is a death knell to sibling harmony. Elizabeth Fishel
- Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends. Kim Kardashian
- Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life. Charles M. Schulz
- Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. Margaret Mead
- Your moment will come, just wait to catch it.
- Don’t lie… unless you want them to question everything you have ever said. Charles Orlando
- Before we ask God for anything, we must first thank him for everything.
- Like branches on a tree we grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one. Each of our lives will always be a special part of the other.
- If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. Linda Sunshine
- The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder. Jane Austen
- It always seems to the brothers and the father that their brother or son didn’t marry the right person. Anton Pavlovich
- Women opened the windows of my eyes and the doors of my spirit. Had it not been for the woman-mother, the woman-sister, and the woman-friend, I would have been sleeping among those who seek the tranquility of the world with their snoring. Kahlil Gibran
- If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater. Pam Brown
- To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident — it is to have a soulmate for life. Victoria Secunda
- A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves a special kind of double. Toni Morrison
- …she’ll go and fall in love, and there’s an end of peace and fun, and cozy times together. Louisa May Alcott
- Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. Margaret Mead
- The first-born in every family is always dreaming for an imaginary older brother or sister who will look out for them. Bill Cosby
- Our roots say we’re sisters, our hearts say we’re friends.
- Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood. Louisa May Alcott
- Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five. Pam Brown
- In thee my soul shall own combined the sister and the friend. Catherine Killigrew
- Don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. Maya Angelou
- A sister is both your mirror and your opposite. Elizabeth Fishel
- That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be. Gemma Gurgess
- A sister smiles when one tells one’s stories for, she knows where the decoration has been added. Chris Montaigne
- Girls will be your friends they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything they’re your true best friends. Marilyn Monroe
- You can kid the world, but not your sister. Charlotte Gray
- We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don’t judge. Adriana Trigiani
- How do people make it through life without a sister? Sara Corpening
- Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.
- An older sister helps one remain half child, half woman.
- There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you.
- Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart — oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape — of your sister. Katherine Mansfield
- More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good. Linda Sunshine
- If sisters were free to express how they really feel, parents would hear this: Give me all the attention and all the toys and send Rebecca to live with Grandma. Linda Sunshine
- My sister taught me everything I really need to know, and she was only in sixth grade at the time. Linda Sunshine
- Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of long ago the baby, the peacekeeper, the caretaker, the avoider…. It doesn’t seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we’ve traveled. Jane Mersky Leder
- A sister is a forever friend.
- Elder sisters never can-do younger one’s justice! Charlotte M. Yonge
- If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone? Jodi Picoult
- Sisters, as you know, also have a unique relationship. This is the person who has known you your entire life, who should love you and stand by you no matter what, and yet it’s your sister who knows exactly where to drive the knife to hurt you the most. Lisa See
- Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other. Carol Saline
- How the hell do you sum up your sister in three minutes? She’s your twin and your polar opposite. She’s your constant companion and your competition. She’s your best friend and the biggest bitch in the world. She’s everything you wish you could be and everything you wish you weren’t. M. Molly Backes
- Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow, and wise is the counsel of those who love us. Benjamin Disraeli
- When mom and dad don’t understand, a sister always will.
- A toast once heard: To my big sister, who never found her second Easter egg until I’d found my first. Robert Brault
- Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister. Alice Walker
- In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.
- When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us? Pam Brown
- I know some sisters who only see each other on Mother’s Day and some who will never speak again. But most are like my sister and me… linked by volatile love, best friends who make other best friends ever so slightly less best. Patricia Volk
- Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring quite often the hard way. Pamela Dugdale
- We acquire friends and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory. Evelyn Loeb
- Sisters may share the same mother and father but appear to come from different families.
- An older sister is a friend and defender a listener, conspirator, a counsellor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too. Pam Brown
- I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness… Emily Dickinson
- It was nice to be in such close physical proximity, even though they hadn’t spoken in months, and only via cursory birthday cards and the like. In the end, it didn’t matter. Sisters were sisters. Emma Straub
- I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.
- There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. Mary Montagu
- You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you… George R.R. Martin
- You’re a big sister?’ I was shocked. She seemed so good-natured and compassionate. Natalie Standiford
- Sisterly love is of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions. Ugo Betti
- What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it? James DeVries
- Sisters don’t need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks — expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs — that can undermine any tale you’re telling. Pam Brown
- One of the best things about being an adult is the realization that you can share with your sister and still have plenty for yourself. Betsy Cohen
- Sisters share the scent and smells — the feel of a common childhood. Pam Brown
- A sister shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.
- Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers. Pam Brown
- Between sisters, often, the child’s cry never dies down. Never leave me, it says; do not abandon me. Louise Bernikow
- Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don’t love you, they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends. Deborah Moggach
- You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories. Deborah Moggach
- It’s hard to be responsible, adult and sensible all the time. How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own. Pam Brown
- Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer. Louise Glück
- Sisters are blossoms in the garden of life.
- You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them. Desmond Tutu
- Sibling relationships outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust. Erica E Goode
- When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life. Antisthenes
- Help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore. Hindu Proverb
- It is a sister’s job to annoy her brother, no matter how old they are.
- There can be no companion better than a brother and there can be no friend better than a sister.
- I have siblings. And there are certain things I know that I can push their buttons. And they know they have certain things where they can push mine. Catherine Zeta-Jones
- It was nice growing up with someone like you – someone to lean on, someone to count on… someone to tell on!
- The bond of a brother and sister is stronger than anyone could know. With you in my life and with me by your side there’s one thing that I know we will never have to fight one single battle alone.