Disappointment is the feeling of sadness, displeasure or dissatisfaction caused by the non-fulfillment of expectations or hopes to manifest. More than this, disappointment is one of life’s most uncomfortable feelings. And we all deal with this emotion in our relationships, friendship, family or work.
Also, it can be an opportunity to get clarity on what you really want and get it. Uplifting disappointment quotes will help you keep things in perspective and get through those tough times.
If you’re searching for inspirational quotes about strength and greatest growing up quotes that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of encouraging healing quotes, inspiring reflection quotes and popular quotes about being strong.
Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it. – Eliza Tabor
Sometimes when you get disappointment it makes you stronger. – David Rudisha
If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment. – Henry David Thoreau
Don’t let today’s disappointments cast a shadow on tomorrow’s dreams.
Assuming is the root of all disappointments. – Rogienel Reyes
If I am to meet with a disappointment, the sooner I know it, the more of life I shall have to wear it off. – Thomas Jefferson
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. – Martin Luther King, Jr
One’s best success comes after their greatest disappointments. – Henry Ward Beecher
There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Disappointment is really just a term for our refusal to look on the bright side. – Richelle E. Goodrich
We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment. – Jim Rohn
Disappointment, when it involves neither shame nor loss, is as good as success; for it supplies as many images to the mind, and as many topics to the tongue. – Samuel Johnson
When things are a disappointment, try not to be so discouraged. – Carol Burnett
Disappointment builds character and strength. – Nafessa Williams
Disappointment is just the action of your brain readjusting itself to reality after discovering things are not the way you thought they were. – Brad Warner
Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them. – Jodi Picoult
Disappointments are to the soul what a thunderstorm is to the air. – Friedrich Schiller
The principles of living greatly include the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and trial with humility. – Thomas S. Monson
When you have expectations, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. – Ryan Reynolds
The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way. – Robert Kiyosaki
The beauty is that through disappointment you can gain clarity, and with clarity comes conviction and true originality. – Conan O’Brien
Most things disappoint till you look deeper. – Graham Greene
There’s always failure. And there’s always disappointment. And there’s always loss. But the secret is learning from the loss and realizing that none of those holes are vacuums. – Michael J. Fox
Disappointments are a result of failed expectations. To have less disappointments, either expect less from other people or demand more from yourself. – Kevin Ngo
When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in. – Kristin Armstrong
Suspense is worse than disappointment. – Robert Burns
Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead. – Les Brown
Every disappointment gives you opportunity to make another appointment. – B. A. Fajimi
Best Disappointment Sayings To Keep Things In Perspective
- Disappointment is a good sign of basic intelligence. It cannot be compared to anything else: it is so sharp, precise, obvious, and direct. If we can open, then we suddenly begin to see that our expectations are irrelevant compared with the reality of the situations we are facing. – Chogyam Trungpa
- As I look back and connect the dots, all I want to do is go back and hug my scared young self, who took a lot of steps out of impulse not knowing what will happen. So many nights of disappointment, so many others of being disillusioned where I would have just gone ahead and quit it all – I still do not know what kept me hanging in there. – Arfi Lamba
- Disenchantment, whether it is a minor disappointment or a major shock, is the signal that things are moving into transition in our lives. – William Throsby Bridges
- Disappointment is the nurse of wisdom. – Sir Bayle Roche
- Use disappointments as material for patience.
- It was one of those times you feel a sense of loss, even though you didn’t have something in the first place. I guess that’s what disappointment is- a sense of loss for something you never had. – Deb Caletti
- Enthusiasm is followed by disappointment and even depression, and then by renewed enthusiasm. – Murray Gell-Mann
- What do you do when disappointment comes? When it weighs on you like a rock, you can either let it press you down until you become discouraged, even devastated, or you can use it as a stepping-stone to better things. – Joyce Meyer
- Disappointments are not meant to destroy you; they are meant to strengthen you.
- Let’s face it: None of us are ever going to get to the place in life where we have no more disappointments. We can’t expect to be sheltered from every little thing. Disappointment is a fact of life; one that must be dealt with. – Joyce Meyer
- But you know that disappointment is just the action of your brain readjusting itself to reality after discovering things are not the way you thought they were. – Brad Warner
- There’s only so many times you can allow someone to let you down before you will no longer tolerate being disappointed. When things go wrong between two people, something has got to give. You get to the point where you get tired of being the only one trying to fix things, it’s not giving up, it’s realizing you had enough. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts. – Brigitte Nicole
- Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the single person you thought would never hurt you.
- Disappointment is nothing but an eye-opening learning process for your future endeavors. – Edmond Mbiaka
- Expectation is the root of all heartache. – William Shakespeare
- Life is not always a celebration; so be ready to courageously face disappointments when they come and be sure to grow stronger and wiser from them. – Edmond Mbiaka
- I don’t hate you. I’m just disappointed you turned into everything you said you’d never be.
Top Disappointment Quotes To Help You Through The Struggle
- God makes the life fertile by disappointments, as he makes the ground fertile by frosts. – Henry Ward Beecher
- You cannot be disappointed by something that doesn’t exist.
- Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy; the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation. – Eric Hoffer
- Understanding is the key to getting over disappointment.
- Each pain makes you stronger, each betrayal more intelligent, every disappointment more skillful and each experience wiser.
- The best way to deal with disappointment is to acknowledge and work through the feelings it induces. – Noaman Kaysingwala
- The simple solution for disappointment depression: Get up and get moving. Physically move. Do. Act. Get going. – Peter McWilliams
- See your disappointments as good fortune. One plan’s deflation is another’s inflation. – Jean Cocteau
- When someone disappoints you, there is nothing that can be done but to accept it.
- It is through disappointment that I must learn to never accept defeat, but to always come up with a brand-new plan and find a solution. – Eleesha
- When you have no expectations, you’ll never have disappointments.
- In the midst of my disappointment I am never defeated. Only given the opportunity to rise again willing to take on new challenges. – Eleesha
- Beware of wallowing in disappointment for it is in this state that depression creeps from behind.
- Do not make a person wait for a decision. To wait forever is a more cruel fate than to be disappointed.
- Depression begins with disappointment. When disappointment festers in our soul, it leads to discouragement. – Joyce Meyer
- Disappointment is preferable to being kept in suspense for it is the start of healing.
- Disappointment or misfortune don’t last long among us, the poor; we can’t live if we brood on them the whole time. – Viramma Racine
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- There is no rush to acquire success. Do not be disappointed that you have not yet reached your potential.
- One suffers from disappointment, which is to say like every pain, it may be cured.
Inspirational Quotes to Help you Overcome Disappointment in Life
- Disappointments are just God’s way of saying I’ve got something better. Be Patient.. Live Life.. Have Faith.. – Lanette Sem
- Once cannot feel true disappointment until the very end, and even then, it is only another beginning.
- High expectations lead to higher disappointments.
- Disappointment has no place in a heart full of gratitude.
- Disappointment is a disease that starts with malaise in one’s heart and spreads to those around them.
- Getting disappointed is like becoming broke. You invested so much in something and end up with nothing for your troubles.
- Regret is a bedmate of disappointment and is a lethal combination.
- As someone who has faced as much disappointment as most people, I’ve come to trust not that events will always unfold exactly as I want, but that I will be fine either way. – Marianne Williamson
- We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment. –Jim Rohn
- Everything you do in life takes you higher. That is why a disappointment of having less than the best hurts like a fall.
- When you find your path, you must not be afraid. You need to have sufficient courage to make mistakes. Disappointment, defeat, and despair are the tools God uses to show us the way. – Paulo Coelho
- Hope is tomorrow’s veneer over today’s disappointment. – Evan Esar
- True, foolish risks can lead to difficult consequences. But having said that, don’t be so scared of failure and disappointment that you fail to dream. – Robin S. Sharma
- Only the fear of disappointment will keep one from following through their goals.
- Disappointment is an ominous cloud of self-doubt and fear which must be broken through at all costs.
- There is no such thing as disappointment for those who continue to cherish the selflessness of which is born the noblest inner self. There is no such thing as failure for those who invest in the potentialities of the Ideal of the Soul. – Ameen Rihani
- Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. – Alexander Pope
- When presenting yourself to the world, always show confidence. People are more excited with the prospect of something curious than be turned off by a forecasted disappointment.
- I’ve always been a religious person, and I try to think that every disappointment might just be a blessing in disguise. – Jermain Defoe
- There’s a lot of talk about the positive aspects of love. We as a society downplay the danger, the anxiety, and the disappointment. We romanticize romance. – Helen Fisher
- When you work so hard and get back so little is a soul crushing disappointment that must be shelved in order to make life go on.
- Try your best and reach for the stars. But do not try to reach without stretching or you would be disappointed.
- If a man does not read, he prepares himself for a life full of shocking realities and disappointments.
Famous Quotes About Disappointment
- If you expect the unexpected all the time, nothing will disappoint you.
- Never stop building toward your dreams. Should there be any disappointments along the way, use them for a sturdier foundation.
- Laughter is a cure to the bitter disappointments in life. When you are sad, look for laughter to ease the pain.
- Trying to design the perfect plan is the perfect recipe for disappointment. – Patrick Lencioni
- There is just so much hurt, disappointment, and oppression one can take… The line between reason and madness grows thinner. – Rosa Parks
- You have perspective when little people come into your life. You take the best things you have and let them overshadow your disappointment. – Brian O’Driscoll
- Disappointment is an endless wellspring of comedy inspiration. – Martin Freeman
- The more we shelter children from every disappointment, the more devastating future disappointments will be. – Fred G. Gosman
- Regret is not a proactive feeling. It is situated in disappointment, sorrow, even remorse. It merely wishes things were different without an act to cause a difference. However, repentance is different. Repentance is an admission of, hatred of, and turning away from sin before God. – Monica Johnson
- Young alienation, disappointment and heartache is all a part of the first real growing up that we do. – Judd Nelson
- The joy of losing consists in this: Where there are no expectations, there is no disappointment. – Charles Krauthammer
- One thing that we can determine is how we handle disappointments. – Reg Morais
- The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar which the ultimate fulfillment of that hope never entirely removes. – Thomas Hardy
- Find a good teacher that will keep the game fun. Work hard and don’t be afraid to have success or disappointment. That is what golf is all about. – Paula Creamer
- The depth of the love of parents for their children cannot be measured. It is like no other relationship. It exceeds concern for life itself. The love of a parent for a child is continuous and transcends heartbreak and disappointment. – James E. Faust
- Being alone with fear can rapidly turn into panic. Being alone with frustration can rapidly turn into anger. Being alone with disappointment can rapid turn into discouragement and, even worse, despair. – Mark Goulston
- Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter could be said to remedy anything. – Kurt Vonnegut
- I know what it is to feel unloved, to want revenge, to make mistakes, to suffer disappointment, yet also to find the courage to go forward in life. – Tim O’Brien
- Look. I have a strategy. Why expect anything? If you don’t expect anything, you don’t get disappointed. – Patricia McCormick