Henry Ford was an American industrialist and a business magnate, the founder of the Ford Motor Company, and the sponsor of the development of the assembly line technique of mass production.
Being emotionally intelligent, curious, and strong made him a visionary. He also became one of the richest and best-known people in the world. Famous Henry Ford quotes will inspire you to achieve anything you want and push you to become the best version of yourself.
If you’re searching for famous phrases about life that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of best Warren Buffett quotes, empowering Andrew Carnegie quotes, and inspirational Walt Disney quotes.
Henry Ford Quotes
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ― Henry Ford
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. ― Henry Ford
You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do. ― Henry Ford
My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me. ― Henry Ford
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses. ― Henry Ford
Everything is in flux, and was meant to be. Life flows. We may live at the same number of the street, but it is never the same man who lives there. ― Henry Ford
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. ― Henry Ford
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. ― Henry Ford
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. ― Henry Ford
Don’t find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain. ― Henry Ford
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals. ― Henry Ford
Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them. ― Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right. ― Henry Ford
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. ― Henry Ford
Vision without execution is just hallucination. ― Henry Ford
It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning. ― Henry Ford
Success is 99% failure. ― Henry Ford
The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed. ― Henry Ford
Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black. ― Henry Ford
Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice. ― Henry Ford
Memorable Henry Ford Quotes on Business, Leadership and Life
- Failure is only the opportunity more intelligently to begin again. ― Henry Ford
- Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward. ― Henry Ford
- Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait. The grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas. ― Henry Ford
- If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right. ― Henry Ford
- It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste. ― Henry Ford
- Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success. ― Henry Ford
- Coming together is the beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success. ― Henry Ford
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. ― Henry Ford
- One of the greatest discoveries a person makes, one of their great surprises, is to find they can do what they were afraid they couldn’t do. ― Henry Ford
- A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large. ― Henry Ford
- Most of the present acute troubles of the world arise out of taking on new ideas without first carefully investigating to discover if they are good ideas. ― Henry Ford
- If money is your hope for independence, you will never have it. The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability. ― Henry Ford
- There is one rule for the industrialist and that is: Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wages possible. ― Henry Ford
- Many inventors fail because they do not distinguish between planning and experimenting. ― Henry Ford
- We don’t want tradition. We want to live in the present and the only history that is worth a tinker’s dam is the history we make today. ― Henry Ford
- You say I started out with practically nothing, but that isn’t correct. We all start with all there is, it’s how we use it that makes things possible. ― Henry Ford
- The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time. ― Henry Ford
- The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it. ― Henry Ford
- If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own. ― Henry Ford
- The present order often clumsy often stupid has this advantage over any other. It works. Doubtless it will merge by degrees into another order and it will also work. But not so much as to what it is, but as into what men will bring into it. ― Henry Ford
- Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. ― Henry Ford
- A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. ― Henry Ford
- The end of money is not ease but the opportunity to perform more service. ― Henry Ford
- You can’t learn in school what the world is going to do next year. ― Henry Ford
- It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages. ― Henry Ford
- The problem with wise people. They always know what is wrong. So I never employ an expert in full bloom. ― Henry Ford
Inspirational Quotes From Henry Ford To Bring The Best Out Of You
- There is no man living who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can do. ― Henry Ford
- If you keep a record of all your failures, you will soon have a list of everything which cannot be done. ― Henry Ford
- If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got. ― Henry Ford
- Whatever you have, you must either use or lose. ― Henry Ford
- As we advance in life we learn the limits of our abilities. ― Henry Ford
- I see no advantage in these new clocks. They run no faster than the ones made 100 years ago. ― Henry Ford
- Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right. ― Henry Ford
- Capital punishment is as fundamentally wrong as a cure for crime as charity is wrong as a cure for poverty. ― Henry Ford
- There are three things that grow more precious with age; old wood to burn, old books to read, and old friends to enjoy. ― Henry Ford
- The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability. ― Henry Ford
- Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement. ― Henry Ford
- Competition is the keen cutting edge of business, always shaving away at costs. ― Henry Ford
- Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits. ― Henry Ford
- History is more or less bunk. ― Henry Ford
- There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something. ― Henry Ford
- Business is never so healthy as when, like a chicken, it must do a certain amount of scratching around for what it gets. ― Henry Ford
- Money doesn’t make us anyway it just unmasks us. ― Henry Ford
- The way to learn to do things is to do things. The way to learn a trade is to work at it. Success teaches how to succeed. Begin with the determination to succeed, and the work is half done already. ― Henry Ford
- You don’t have to hold a position in order to be a leader. ― Henry Ford
- Any color – so long as it’s black. ― Henry Ford
- To do more for the world than the world does for you – that is success. ― Henry Ford
- A market is never saturated with a good product, but it is very quickly saturated with a bad one. ― Henry Ford
- Genius is seldom recognized for what it is: a great capacity for hard work. ― Henry Ford
- An idealist is a person who helps other people to be prosperous. ― Henry Ford
- What’s right about America is that although we have a mess of problems, we have great capacity – intellect and resources – to do something about them. ― Henry Ford
- I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible. ― Henry Ford
- We try to pay a man what he is worth and we are not inclined to keep a man who is not worth more than the minimum wage. ― Henry Ford
- There is no disgrace in honest failure; there is disgrace in fearing to fail. ― Henry Ford
- Money is like an arm or leg- use it or lose it. ― Henry Ford
- As long as we look to legislation to cure poverty or to abolish special privilege we are going to see poverty and special privilege grow. ― Henry Ford
- Givers have to set limits because takers rarely do. ― Henry Ford
- To see a thing clearly in the mind makes it begin to take form. ― Henry Ford
- I am looking for a lot of men who have and infinite capacity to not know what can’t be done. ― Henry Ford
Powerful Henry Ford Quotes To Make You Greatest
- New York is a different country. Maybe it ought to have a separate government. Everybody thinks differently, they just don’t know what the hell the rest of the United States is. ― Henry Ford
- That the Devil finds work for idle hands to do is probably true. But there is a profound difference between leisure and idleness. ― Henry Ford
- Sometimes you just don’t like somebody. ― Henry Ford
- Experience is the thing of supreme value. ― Henry Ford
- Do you want to know the cause of war? It is capitalism, greed, the dirty hunger for dollars. Take away the capitalist, and you will sweep war from the earth. ― Henry Ford
- To teach that a comparatively few men are responsible for the greatest forward steps of mankind is the worst sort of nonsense. ― Henry Ford
- It is not usual to speak of an employee as a partner, and yet what else is he? ― Henry Ford
- The one aim of these financiers is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debt. ― Henry Ford
- As we serve our jobs we serve the world. ― Henry Ford
- History is more or less bunk. It’s tradition. We don’t want tradition. We want to live in the present and the only history that is worth a tinker’s dam is the history we made today. ― Henry Ford
- It ought to be the employer’s ambition as leader to pay than any similar line of business, and it ought to be the workman’s ambition to make it possible. ― Henry Ford
- Power and machinery, money and goods, are useful only as they set us free to live. ― Henry Ford
- Edsel is the artist in our family. Art is something I know nothing about. ― Henry Ford
- The natural thing to do is to work—to recognize that prosperity and happiness can be obtained only through honest effort. ― Henry Ford
- Speculation into thing already produced that is not business. ― Henry Ford
- That the earth produces, or is capable of producing, enough to give decent sustenance to everyone—not of food alone, but of everything else we need. For everything is produced from the earth. ― Henry Ford
- Suppression of progress plays into the hands of the social enemy. Every advance in social justice establishes the nation. ― Henry Ford
- If we had more justice, there would be less need of charity. ― Henry Ford
- I think it should not be otherwise in industry. The men are there to get the greatest possible amount of work done and to receive the highest possible pay. If each man were permitted to act in his own way, production would suffer and therefore pay would suffer. Anyone who does not like to work in our way may always leave. ― Henry Ford
- Poetry without music may be beautiful, but music gives poetry wings and elevates it into song. That may be the reason for our love of song-it has wings and lifts us; with proper songs, it is a nourishing spiritual exercise. ― Henry Ford
- Public officials are all right if they stay in their proper sphere and perform their proper functions but when they get greedy for wider scope and more power and money they lose their value and become parasites. ― Henry Ford
- There are two kinds of people: Those who think they can, and those who think they can’t, and they’re both right. ― Henry Ford
- The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more service for the betterment of life. ― Henry Ford
- We learn extra from our failures than from our successes. ― Henry Ford
- If you need a machine and don’t buy it, then you will ultimately find that you have paid for it and don’t have it. ― Henry Ford
Quotes From Henry Ford On Business, Leadership And Life
- Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.
- Don’t find fault, find a remedy.
- When Henry Ford decided to produce his famous V-8 motor, he chose to build an engine with the entire eight cylinders cast in one block, and instructed his engineers to produce a design for the engine. The design was placed on paper, but the engineers agreed, to a man, that it was simply impossible to cast an eight-cylinder engine-block in one piece.
- Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.
- If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own.
- There is only one rule for the industrialist and that is: make the best quality goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wages possible.
- I see no advantage in these new clocks. They run no faster than the ones made 100 years ago.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
- I invented nothing new. I simply assembled the discoveries of other men behind whom were centuries of work. Had I worked fifty or ten or even five years before, I would have failed. So it is with every new thing. Progress happens when all the factors that make for it are ready, and then it is inevitable. To teach that a comparatively few men are responsible for the greatest forward steps of mankind is the worst sort of nonsense.
- Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.
- Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and griefs which we endure help us in our marching onward.
- There are three things that grow more precious with age; old wood to burn, old books to read, and old friends to enjoy.
- If you had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse.
- A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.