Integrity is the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles. It demands truthfulness and honesty, and living a life of integrity means that you never have to spend time or energy questioning yourselves. Your life becomes simple.
Having integrity is about doing the right thing even when it’s not acknowledged by others.
Top integrity quotes will help you cultivate this attribute over time to show more this personality trait in everyday life.
If you’re searching for quotes to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of quotes on betrayal, be yourself sayings, and being humble quotes.
I respect those who tell the truth no matter how hard it is. Integrity is everything.
To be persuasive, we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; credible we must be truthful. — Edward R. Murrow
You do not wake up one morning a bad person. It happens by a thousand tiny surrenders of self-respect to self-interest. — Robert Brault
If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything. — Mark Twain
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively. — Bob Marley
With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt. — Zig Ziglar
Nothing more completely baffles one who is full of trick and duplicity, than straightforward and simple integrity in another. — Charles Caleb Colton
You have the right to remain silent, but you can never, repeat, never lie or shade the truth. — Robert L. Woodrum
Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you. — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Integrity is the essence of everything successful. — R. Buckminster Fuller
Integrity is not something you show others. It is how you behave behind their back.
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. — Albert Einstein
You are already of consequence in the world if you are known as a man of strict integrity. — Grenville Klesier
People of integrity and honesty not only practice what they preach, they are what they preach. — David A. Bednar
If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters. — Harvey Mackay
Characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words.
Keep true, never be ashamed of doing right, decide on what you think is right and stick to it. — George Eliot
The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home. — Confucius
It is true that integrity alone won’t make you a leader, but without integrity you will never be one. — Zig Ziglar
Integrity is choosing courage over comfort; choosing what is right over what is fun, fast, or easy; and choosing to practice our values rather than simply professing them. — Brene Brown
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. — Abraham Lincoln
Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. — Samuel Johnson
One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised. — Chinua Achebe
There are some things that money just can’t buy. Like manners, morals and integrity.
Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting in a particular way. — Aristotle
Honor your commitments with integrity. — Les Brown
There is no higher value in our society than integrity. — Arlen Specter
Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on values rather than personal gain.
Integrity means that you are the same in public as you are in private. — Joyce Meyer
The high road is always respected. Honesty and integrity are always rewarded. — Scott Hamilton
Wisdom is knowing the right path to take. Integrity is taking it.
Let no pleasure tempt thee, no profit allure thee, no persuasion move thee, to do anything which thou knowest to be evil; so shalt thou always live jollity; for a good conscience is a continual Christmas. — Benjamin Franklin
It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong. — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Best Integrity Quotes and Sayings to Increase Your Authenticity
- Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. — C. S. Lewis
- The integrity of men is to be measured by their conduct, not by their professions. — Junius
- No matter how educated, talented, rich or cool you believe you are, how you treat people tells all. Integrity is everything.
- They will look at my career as the guy who gave it all but at the same time did it with integrity. That’s what we all aim for the respect of the game as well as the honesty that’s played a part of that game. — Lou Brock
- He is not wise to me who is wise in words only, but he who is wise in deeds. — St. Gregory
- A life lived with integrity, even if it lacks the trappings of fame and fortune, is a shining star in whose light others may follow in the years to come. — Denis Waitley
- Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word. — Brian Tracy
- I’ve learned to try to sustain myself by holding on to the integrity of who I am. I’m not talking big diva. I’m quiet. I’m shy. And I became stronger when I stopped trying to be the person they wanted me to be. — Crystal Waters
- Power is actualized only when word and deed have not parted company. — Hannah Arendt
- Integrity is the ability to stand by an idea. — Ayn Rand
- Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures and principles, expectations and outcomes. It can be regarded as the opposite of hypocrisy.
- The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. — Dwight D. Eisenhower
- We should often feel ashamed of our best actions if the world could see all the motives which produced them. — Francois de la Rochefoucauld
- Everyone makes mistakes, but only a person with integrity owns up to them. — Nicole Guillaume
- Integrity is making sure that the things you say and the things you do are in alignment. — Katrina Mayer
- If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything. — Gordon A. Eadie
- Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not. — Oprah Winfrey
- Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters. — Albert Einstein
- Integrity is crucial for business success — once you can fake that, you’ve got it made. — Henry Ford
- The true perfection of man lies not in what man has, but in what man is. — Oscar Wilde
- You can’t, in sound morals, condemn a man for taking care of his own integrity. It is his clear duty. — Joseph Conrad
- Integrity is the heart of character don’t lose it.
- Whether it’s an $11 flip-flop or a $2 key ring or a $2,000 dress, they’re all done with integrity. They’re all done with a design sense. As long as the creativity exists, then I don’t think it’s a sellout. A sellout is putting your name on any piece of crap and then expecting people to buy it because it’s got your name on it. — Marc Jacobs
- Integrity is so perishable in the summer months of success. — Vanessa Redgrave
- Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity. — W. Clement Stone
- If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it. — Marcus Aurelius
- Like integrity, love of life was not a subject to be studied, it was a contagion to be caught. And you had to catch it from someone who had it. — Lois McMaster Bujold
- Subtlety may deceive you; integrity never will. — Oliver Cromwell
- Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people. — Spencer Johnson
- You gotta do it with class and integrity. If not, you’re gonna drag yourself through the mud. — Solomon Burke
- Goodness is about character — integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people. — Dennis Prager
- Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are. — John C. Maxwell
- Perhaps the surest test of an individual’s integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect. — Thomas S. Monson
Inspirational Quotes On Integrity To Always Do the Right Thing
- Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody’s watching and doing as you say you would do. — Roy T. Bennett
- Be Impeccable with Your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love. — Don Miguel Ruiz
- Your reputation and integrity are everything. Follow through on what you say you’re going to do. Your credibility can only be built over time, and it is built from the history of your words and actions. — Maria Razumich-Zec
- A single lie destroys a whole reputation of integrity. — Baltasar Gracian
- The main thing in measuring integrity is someone’s motive and intent, not how many records they sell. Our intent in Ministry was never to be big. We just wanted to make enough money to live and to buy a studio, which we have done in Austin. — Al Jourgensen
- Character is what you are in the dark. — Dwight L. Moody
- To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice. — Confucius
- To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man. — William Shakespeare
- Once you get rid of integrity the rest is a piece of cake. — Larry Hagman
- Truthfulness is the main element of character. — Brian Tracy
- My parents were both born and raised in the Depression. They instilled great values about integrity and the importance of hard work, and I’ve taken that with me to every job. — Mary Barra
- Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one. — Marcus Aurelius
- Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by; and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught. — J.C. Watts Jr.
- A great man is always willing to be little. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- In silence man can most readily preserve his integrity. — Meister Eckhart
- In looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if they don’t have the first, the other two will kill you. — Warren Buffet
- Integrity is not a 90 percent thing, not a 95 percent thing; either you have it, or you don’t. — Peter Scotese
- I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have. — Abraham Lincoln
- If you don’t have integrity, you have nothing. You can’t buy it. You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not a moral and ethical person, you really have nothing. — Henry Kravis
- True heroes are made of hard work and integrity. — Hope Solo
- Let me define a leader. He must have vision and passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with integrity. — A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Integrity is the ability to accept one’s past choices and actions and go forth and act in accordance with one’s deepest values from within. — Lynne Namka
- I think copyright is moral, proper. I think a creator has the right to control the disposition of his or her works. I actually believe that the financial issue is less important than the integrity of the work, the attribution, that kind of stuff. — Esther Dyson
- If everyone were clothed with integrity, if every heart were just, frank, kindly, the other virtues would be well-nigh useless.’ — Moliere
Famous Integrity Quotes That Will Motivate You
- The greatest asset, even in this country, is not oil and gas. It’s integrity. Everyone is searching for it, asking, ‘Who can I do business with that I can trust?’ — George Foreman
- Make living your life with absolute integrity and kindness your first priority. — Richard Carlson
- As religion and faith are being driven out of the public square, the Judeo-Christian ethical foundations that have sustained our country since its beginning, are being lost and are being replaced with a humanistic amorality, a self-centered, pragmatic indifference that will ensure that our moral compasses will fail to point us in the right direction in the future. — Archie B. Carroll, Professor of Management, Terry College of Business, University of Georgia
- Lead your life so you wouldn’t be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. — Will Rogers
- Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. — Mark Twain
- The time is always right to do what is right. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I’ve learned many things in my life. What never fails is integrity, consistency, and loyalty. — Bahiyah Shabazz
- Excellence is the result of habitual integrity.
- The glue that holds all relationships together … is trust, and trust is based on integrity. — Brian Tracy
- Integrity of life is fame’s best friend, which nobly, beyond death, shall crown in the end. — John Webster
- Six essential qualities that are the key to success: Sincerity, personal integrity, humility, courtesy, wisdom, charity. — Dr. William Menninger
- Honest communication is built on truth and integrity and upon respect of the one for the other. — Benjamin E. Mays
- What is left when honor is lost? — Publilius Syrus
- Any nation that does not emphasize integrity will always fail. — Yemi Osinbajo
- Integrity reveals beauty. — Thomas Leonard
- We need to stress that personal integrity is as important as executive skill in business dealings…. Setting an example from the top has a ripple effect throughout a business school or a corporation. After nearly three decades in business, 10 years as chief executive of a Big Eight accounting firm, I have learned that the standards set at the top filter throughout a company….[Quoting Professor Thomas Dunfee of the Wharton School:] ‘ A company that fails to take steps to produce a climate conducive to positive work-related ethical attitudes may create a vacuum in which employees so predisposed may foster a frontier-style, everyone for themselves mentality.’ — Russell E. Palmer
- There can be no friendship without confidence and no confidence without integrity. — Samuel Johnson
- Integrity is your destiny. It is the light that guides your way. — Plato
- Supporting the truth, even when it is unpopular, shows the capacity for honesty and integrity. — Steve Brunkhorst
- In my life, I’m just looking for that life of integrity that my father had. I have a good heart; I’m not a heartbreaker. — Johnathon Schaech
- Though negotiations are a rough game, you should never allow them to become a dirty game. Once you’ve agreed to a deal, don’t back out of it unless the other party fails to deliver as promised. Your handshake is your bond. As far as I’m concerned, a handshake is worth more than a signed contract. As an entrepreneur, a reputation for integrity is your most valuable commodity. If you try to put something over on someone, it will come back to haunt you. — Victor Kiam
- To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. — Douglas Adams
- Sometimes the cost of integrity is the loss of a friend. — Jack McDevitt
- Necessity may well be called the mother of invention, but calamity is the test of integrity. — Samuel Richardson
- Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Never do anything that you can’t admit doing, because if you are that ashamed of whatever it is, it’s probably wrong. — Ashly Lorenzana
- In the end, you should always do the right thing even if it’s hard. — Nicholas Sparks
- Develop your character so that you are a person of integrity. — Peter Cain
- You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. — Abraham Lincoln
- Let me be weighed on honest scales, That God may know my integrity. — Job 31:6
- He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known. — Proverbs 10:9
- If we believe a thing to be bad, and if we have a right to prevent it, it is our duty to try to prevent it and damn the consequences. — Lord Milner
- Better is the poor who walks in his integrity than one who is perverse in his lips and is a fool. — Proverbs 19:1
- The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him. — Proverbs 20:7
- Better is the poor who walks in his integrity Than one perverse in his ways, though he be rich. — Proverbs 28:6
- If you value your integrity, then be prepared to take a beating from those who have none. — Lars Lau Thygesen
- Far be it from me That I should say you are right; Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me. — Job 27:5
- The integrity of the upright will guide them, But the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them. — Proverbs 11:3
- …in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility… — Titus 2:7