LeBron Raymone James Sr. is an American professional basketball player. What makes him such a great player, a success story and one of the top NBA players in history? Inspiring LeBron James quotes will motivate you to work hard and chase your dreams.
If you’re searching for powerful life quotes to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of motivating conor mcgregor quotes, best eric thomas sayings and most famous vince lombardi quotes.
LeBron James Quotes
You have to be able to accept failure to get better. tweet
I don’t know how tall I am or how much I weigh. Because I don’t want anybody to know my identity. I’m like a superhero. Call me Basketball Man. tweet
Maybe my pain was my motivation. tweet
You know, God gave me a gift to do other things besides play the game of basketball. tweet
When you have that respect from your teammates, it makes it a lot more comfortable. tweet
Ask me to steal, block out, sacrifice, lead, dominate. Anything. But it’s not what you ask of me, it’s what I ask of myself. tweet
My mom and I have always been there for each other. We had some tough times, but she was always there for me. tweet
I like criticism. It makes you strong. tweet
Being the only man in the household with my mom definitely helped me grow up fast. tweet
Akron, Ohio, is my home. I will always be here. I’m still working out at my old high school. tweet
You can’t be afraid to fail. It’s the only way you succeed. You’re not gonna succeed all the time and I know that. tweet
I don’t need too much. Glamour and all that stuff don’t excite me. I am just glad I have the game of basketball in my life. tweet
There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don’t put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself. tweet
I am just happy to be part of the Nike family. tweet
I need music. It’s like my heartbeat, so to speak. It keeps me going no matter what’s going on – bad games, press, whatever! tweet
I treated it like every day was my last day with a basketball. tweet
I’m going to use all my tools, my God-given ability, and make the best life I can with it. tweet
Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. tweet
Every night on the court I give it my all, and if I’m not giving 100 percent, I criticize myself. tweet
I think the reason why I am who I am today is because I went through those tough times when I was younger. tweet
Don’t be afraid of failure. This is the way to succeed. tweet
I’m going to use all my tools, my God-given ability, and make the best life I can with it. tweet
I’m a guy who believes in unfinished business. tweet
The only thing on my mind is trying to win the whole thing. tweet
You know, when I have a bad game, it continues to humble me and know that, you know, you still have work to do and you still have a lot of people to impress. tweet
I think, team first. It allows me to succeed, it allows my team to succeed. tweet
Ever since I was a kid, I was always the winner. tweet
People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you. But how strong you stand is what makes you. tweet
You hate makes me stronger. tweet
If you put everything together as far as my mind, my body, my game. If you put everything in one bottle, this is probably the best I’ve been. tweet
Nothing is given. Everything is earned. tweet
The best teacher in life is experience. tweet
Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. tweet
I hear that word pressure all the time. There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don’t put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself. tweet
I gave everything that I had, I was playing as hard as I could. tweet
I always say, decisions I make, I live with them. There’re always ways you can correct them or ways you can do them better. At the end of the day, I live with them. tweet
This is a job and we want to have fun. But it’s a job and we should look like we’re going to work. tweet
No matter how good one individual is, it takes a whole team to win a championship. tweet
Something just doesn’t pop under your nose; you have to work for it. tweet
Success isn’t owned, it’s leased. And the rent is due every day. tweet
You know, my family and friends have never been yes-men: ‘Yes, you’re doing the right thing, you’re always right.’ No, they tell me when I’m wrong, and that’s why I’ve been able to stay who I am and stay humble. tweet
Sometimes your best effort just isn’t good enough. tweet
I laugh and joke, but I don’t get distracted very easily. tweet
You can’t let nobody run your train. tweet
If I’m not giving 100 percent, I criticize myself. tweet
I have two short goals: To get better every day and to help my teammates get better every day. tweet
Greatness is defined by how much you want to put into what you do. tweet
I hear my friends and my mom tell me I’m special, but honestly, I still don’t get it. tweet
I never get too high on my stardom or what I can do. tweet
Winning is a huge thing for me. tweet
It’s hard to win in the league because every team is good. It’s competitive, and that’s what I love most about it. tweet
We had some slow progress. It takes a few years to put up a building, even in Vegas. tweet
Sports was my way out. tweet
As a professional athlete a lot is going to be said about you, but I just try to move forward and try to achieve my goals. tweet
I do have motivation. A lot of motivation. tweet
I make impact plays. I make game-changing plays. tweet
Basketball is my passion, I love it. But my family and friends mean everything to me. That’s what’s important. I need my phone so I can keep in contact with them at all times. tweet
Once you get on the playing field it’s not about whether you’re liked or not liked. All that matters is to play at a high level and do whatever it takes to help your team win. That’s what it’s about. tweet
I’m confident with my ability. tweet
Warren Buffet told me once and he said, ‘always follow your gut’. When you have that gut feeling, you have to go with, don’t go back on it. tweet
Inspirational Lebron James Quotes on Success, Life and Hard Work
- I have short goals to get better every day, to help my teammates every day but my only ultimate goal is to win an NBA championship. It’s all that matters. I dream about it. I dream about it all the time, how it would look, how it would feel. It would be so amazing.
- To all of the positions, I just bring the determination to win. With me being an unselfish player, I think that can carry on to my teammates. When you have one of the best players on the court being unselfish, I think that transfers to the other players.
- For me, already being part of a single parent household and knowing it was just me and my mom, you’d would wake up times and hope that the next day you’d be able to be alongside your mother because she was out trying to make sure that I was taken care of. But all I cared about was her being home.
- Commitment is a big part of what I am and what I believe. How committed are you to winning? How committed are you to being a good friend? To being trustworthy? To being successful? How committed are you to being a good father, a good teammate, a good role model? There’s that moment every morning when you look in the mirror: Are you committed, or are you not?
- Once you become a professional athlete or once you do anything well, then you’re automatically a role model… I have no problem being a role model, I love it. I have kids looking up to me and hopefully I inspire these kids to do good things.
- All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you’re not good enough or strong enough or talented enough. They will say you’re the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. They will tell you no. A thousand times no. until all the no’s become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no. Quite firmly and very quickly. And you will tell them yes.
- I hate letting my teammates down. I know I’m not going to make every shot. Sometimes I try to make the right play, and if it results in a loss, I feel awful. I don’t feel awful because I have to answer questions about it. I feel awful in that locker room because I could have done something more to help my teammates win.
- I’ve always been an unselfish guy, and that’s the only way I know how to play on the court, and I try to play to the maximum of my ability – not only for myself but for my teammates.
- Sometimes in the past when I played, something might make me lose focus, or I would go home after a game where I thought I could have played better, and I would let it hang over my head for a long time when it shouldn’t. But now, being a parent, I go home and see my son and I forget about any mistake I ever made or the reason I’m upset. I get home and my son is smiling or he comes running to me. It has just made me grow as an individual and grow as a man.
- To being trustworthy? To being successful? How committed are you to being a good father, a good teammate, a good role model? There’s that moment every morning when you look in the mirror: Are you committed, or are you not?
- My game is really played above time. I don’t say that like I’m saying I’m ahead of my time. I’m saying, like, if I’m on the court and I throw a pass, the ball that I’ve thrown will lead my teammate right where he needs to go, before he even knows that that’s the right place to go to.
- My dream has become a reality now, and it’s the best feeling I’ve ever had.
- Ask me to play, I’ll play, ask me to shoot, I’ll shoot. Ask me to pass, I’ll pass, ask me to steal, block out, sacrifice, lead, dominate, anything. But it’s not just what you ask of me. It’s what I ask of myself.
- My father wasn’t around when I was a kid, and I used to always say, ‘Why me? Why don’t I have a father? Why isn’t he around? Why did he leave my mother?’ But as I got older, I looked deeper and thought, ‘I don’t know what my father was going through, but if he was around all the time, would I be who I am today?
- Everywhere I’ve been, I’ve been the best player. I love being a leader and I love being the best. I just want to get better. It’s not about being cocky or selfish or anything like that. It’s just how I am.
- When I was 5, some financial things happened, and I moved seven times in a year. We moved from apartment to apartment, sometimes living with friends. My mom would always say, ‘Don’t get comfortable, because we may not be here long.
- When you work out or you’re doing anything active, it’s more fun as a group. You may lose track of the time, and the next thing you know, you’re working out for two hours because you’re having fun.
- Well, I mean, to me, I think my ultimate – my ultimate goal is winning championships and – and I understand that me going down as one of the greats will not happen until I, you know, win a championship.
- As a kid, we would drive up and down 77 North – that’s our highway – there would be office buildings on the side of the highway and I’d be like, that’s what my house is going to look like when I get older. I’m going to start making my house look like this.
- Your teammates give you the confidence. They give me the confidence all year, all postseason.
- I like to get out and get up the court, using my speed and aggressiveness toward the hoop.
- There are always people always asking you for something. But I feel like I have a foundation. I have a supporting cast where it doesn’t bother me too much.
- I love showcasing my talents – not only to my hometown fans and my own team but to the world.