Thought-provoking smart quotes will give you insight into what being smart is and help you to see life differently.
If you’re searching for best quotation of all time that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of best philosophical quotes, being humble sayings, and inspirational reflection quotes.
Best Smart Quotes
Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery. ― J.K. Rowling
Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose. ― Bill Gates
Half of being smart is knowing what you are dumb about. ― Solomon Short
A person who speaks cleverly is witty; one who asks questions is smart. ― Terry Carr
There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it. ― Oscar Wilde
Because you can’t argue with all the fools in the world. It’s easier to let them have their way, then trick them when they’re not paying attention. ― Christopher Paolini
A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistake altogether. ― Roy H. Williams
Knowledge is book smart, whereas wisdom is the application of book-smart knowledge to everyday living. ― Johnny Tan
A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half. ― Jeff Cooper
Books say: She did this because. Life says: She did this. Books are where things are explained to you; life is where things aren’t. I’m not surprised some people prefer books. ― Julian Barnes
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid is cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. ― Bertrand Russell
Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them. ― Steve Jobs
None of us is as smart as all of us. ― Ken Blanchard
If you’re smart, you’ll always be humble. You can learn all you want, but there’ll always be somebody who’s never read a book who’ll know twice what you know. ― David Duchovny
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. ― Buddha
A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. ― Bertrand Russell
Be as smart as you can but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart. ― Alan Alda
It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. ― Albert Einstein
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. ― Albert Einstein
She’s kind of a walking poem, she’s this perfect beauty…but at the same time very deep, very smart. ― Johnny Depp
Being Smart Quotes To Gain New Perspective
- Don’t ever criticize yourself. Don’t go around all day long thinking, ‘I’m unattractive, I’m slow, I’m not as smart as my brother.’ God wasn’t having a bad day when he made you… If you don’t love yourself in the right way, you can’t love your neighbor. You can’t be as good as you are supposed to be. ― Joel Osteen
- A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them. ― John C. Maxwell
- You will never be as smart as you are today. Tomorrow you will have more doubts. In ten years, even more. By forty you will think you know very little. By fifty you’ll be sure of it. By sixty you’ll wish you were as certain as you were of things when you were fifty. ― Mitch Albom
- Surround yourself with smart, dedicated people – to build something isn’t a one-man show. It’s more important to have smart people who really believe in what you’re doing than really experienced people who may not share your dream. ― Niklas Zennstrom
- When life gives you a strong blow, just be smart enough to know that you are the one in control. ― Michelle C. Ustaszeski
- Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. ― James Baldwin
- To generalize is to be an idiot. ― William Blake
- The way my brain processes information is quite odd. I mean, I have Attention Deficit Disorder and another learning disability I can’t even spell. I don’t even have a high school diploma. I’m smart, but you can’t prove it on paper. ― Ron White
- Sometimes the questions are complicated, and the answers are simple. ― Dr. Seuss
- I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ― Hippolyte A. Taine
- Stay open-minded; stay focused. Train hard and train smart. For me, the older I get, the smarter I have to train also, because the recovery time is longer. Work on everything: become a well-rounded fighter – don’t just be good at one thing; be good at everything. ― Brock Lesnar
- What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so. ― Mark Twain
- It’s like the smarter you are, the more things can scare you. ― Katherine Paterson
- More than half of people who leave their jobs do so because of their relationship with their boss. Smart companies make certain their managers know how to balance being professional with being human. These are the bosses who celebrate an employee’s success, empathize with those going through hard times, and challenge people, even when it hurts. ― Travis Bradberry
- The great person is ahead of their time, the smart makes something out of it, and the blockhead, sets themselves against it. ― Jean Baudrillard
- Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. ― Albert Einstein
Famous Smart Quotes About Life, Love and Happiness
- Emotional intelligence, a different way of being smart, is a key to high performance at all levels, particularly for outstanding leadership. It’s not your IQ; it’s how you manage yourself and your relationships. ― Daniel Goleman
- Nobody is smarter than you are. And what if they are? What good is their understanding doing you? ― Terence McKenna
- Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who’ll argue with you. ― John Wooden
- Knowing what must be done does away with fear. ― Rosa Parks
- But I think that no matter how smart, people usually see what they’re already looking for, that’s all. ― Veronica Roth
- Very smart people are often tricked by hackers, by phishing. I don’t exclude myself from that. It’s about being smarter than a hacker. Not about being smart. ― Harper Reed
- Holding onto your anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. ― Buddha
- You’ve got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you’ve got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. ― Vince Lombardi
- The only freedom you truly have is in your mind, so use it. ― M.T. Dismuke
- The kind of people that all teams need are people who are humble, hungry, and smart: humble being little ego, focusing more on their teammates than on themselves. Hungry, meaning they have a strong work ethic, are determined to get things done, and contribute any way they can. Smart, meaning not intellectually smart but inner personally smart. ― Patrick Lencioni
- I have surrounded myself with very smart people. ― Dolly Parton
- Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. ― Søren Kierkegaard
- If you must work hard, work hard to find a smart solution. ― Alexander Woo
- Giving up is always an option, but not always a failure. ― Cameron Conaway
- There are many harsh lessons to be learned from the gambling experience, but the harshest one of all is the difference between having Fun and being Smart. ― Hunter S. Thompson
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. ― Confucius
- Destiny is a name often given in retrospect to choices that had dramatic consequences. ― J.K. Rowling
- Oh, our life – we have had fabulous times, we sometimes have been down to our last dime, sometimes we have been silly, and sometimes smart, but we have always been in love and that is truly the great part. ― Robert Rivers
- Your mind will serve you better than any trinket under the suns…It is a weapon…and like any weapon, you need practice to be any good at wielding it. ― Jay Kristoff
- I’m not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues. ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it. ― Harper Lee
- A smart girl leaves before she is left. ― Marilyn Monroe
Short Smart Quotes To Inspire Growth In Life
- The two most important days of your life are the day that you’re born and the day that you find out why. ― Mark Twain
- As children, we don’t get to pick the ways in which we’re loved. But then we grow up, and if we’re smart and prepared and very determined, every once in a while, we actually do get the life we wanted. ― Oprah Winfrey
- Only a mind free of impediment is capable of grasping the chaotic beauty of the world. This is our greatest asset. ― Oliver Bowden
- Find your self-respect now. Don’t dumb yourselves down. Think of yourself as capable and worthy of finding a guy who is going to respect you, too. It’s so important, I mean, and the confidence you get from feeling smart and tackling something like mathematics, which is a challenge, right? Math is hard. ― Danica McKellar
- Education is not the learning of the facts, but the training of the mind to think. ― Albert Einstein
- I might not be very smart, but I surround myself with smart people. ― Barbara Mandrell
- Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself. ― Eleanor Roosevelt
- The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
- I’m lazy! I hate work! Hate hard work in all its forms! Clever shortcuts, that’s all I’m about! ― Eliezer Yudkowsky
- It’s not about how smart you are. It’s about your values. ― Malcolm Gladwell
- Common sense would suggest that having ability, like being smart, inspires confidence. It does, but only while the going is easy. The deciding factor in life is how you handle setbacks and challenges. People with a growth mindset welcome setbacks with open arms. ― Travis Bradberry
- In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on. ― Robert Frost
- If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions? ― Scott Adams
- I write because I don’t know what I think until I read what I say. ― Flannery O’Connor
- It is not our right to punish one for thinking as he does, no matter how much we disagree. ― Oliver Bowden
- Wherever smart people work, doors are unlocked. ― Steve Wozniak
- The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it. ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- I do not have an innate prejudice against intellect, intelligence, or, for that matter, graduate degrees, but they are not substituting for common sense, people sense, or street smarts. ― Mark H. McCormack
- Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
- Smart people always choose comfort over luxury. ― Celso Cukierkorn
Deep Smart Quotes That Make You Rethink
- Children tease each other because you’re short or you’re tall or you’re a redhead or because you’re ugly or because you’re smart or because you’re dumb or all kinds of differences and as parents we have to deal with that and strengthen our children to be comfortable with themselves and also to show empathy and acceptance towards others. ― Heather Wilson
- A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. ― Maya Angelou
- All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I lack formal education. So, I’m left with the feeling that I’m smarter than everyone around me but that if I ever got around really smart people—people who went to universities and drank wine and spoke Latin—that they’d be bored as hell by me. It’s a lonely way to go through life. ― Gillian Flynn
- We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience. ― George Bernard Shaw
- If you put enough smart people together in one space, good things happen. ― Erik Hersman
- Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ― Elbert Hubbard
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ― Lao Tzu
- Don’t be angry, Finnula had said, be smart. ― Sarah J. Maas
- Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day. ― Samuel Goldwyn
- It doesn’t matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are. If it doesn’t agree with experiment, it’s wrong. ― Richard P. Feynman
- Just really, really believe in what you’re trying to do. Don’t let people alter that. Let people advise you and lead you down paths to make smart business decisions. But trust your instinct and trust that overwhelming drive that made you put all your dreams and everything on the line. ― Luke Bryan
- When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty. ― Norm Crosby
- It’s really wonderful to work in an environment with a lot of smart people. ― Marissa Mayer
- If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it. ― Toni Morrison
- We don’t see things the way they are. We see them the way we are. ― Talmud
- One of the smartest things you can do as a manager is to hire the right person and then keep them happy. Happy workers tend to take less time off and are more likely to stay with their employer. ― Reen Rose
- A valentine warms the heart, so be brave and be smart, give one to the ones you love, now they have you to think of. ― Kriss Stewart
- Don’t try to tell the customer what he wants. If you want to be smart, be smart in the shower. Then get out, go to work and serve the customer! ― Gene Buckley
- When you work for something, you appreciate it more. Building your wealth with smart investments and frugal living is recommended. ― Elijah Davidson
- You know what lasts longer than beauty? Being smart. ― Gabrielle Union
Smartest And Deep Meaningful Quotes
- Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
- A true friend overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!
- The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
- All progress has resulted from people who took unpopular positions.
- We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.
- Nobody is smarter than you are. And what if they are? What good is their understanding doing you?
- Computers and the internet have made us faster but they do not make us smarter.
- But I think that no matter how smart, people usually see what they’re already looking for, that’s all.
- The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart. And being thoughtful. And being generous. Everything else is crap! I promise you! It’s just crap that people try to sell to you to make you feel like less. So don’t buy it. Be smart, be thoughtful, and be generous.
- The true genius of a Woman is her subtle flair in creating the illusion that you are the smart one
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Maybe if I’d agreed to do the debutante thing like she wanted. Or taken up pageants instead of riding jump bikes with a bunch of grungy boys. I’d always tell her, why can’t I do both? Who says you have to be either smart or pretty, or into girly stuff or sports? Life shouldn’t be about the either/or. We’re capable of more than that, you know?
- What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know. It’s what we know for sure that just ain’t so.
- It’s important to be smart, but it’s also important to be active with your intelligence. The more you sit around over-thinking things, the more trouble you get into.