Hurting someone is very easy, but when you yourself are hurt you then know the agony of being hurt and crushed into pieces. Hurting quotes will let you realize the agony of being hurt. Each of us may have experienced being heartbroken. Here, we have handpicked some hurt quotes which will demonstrate how it really feels like when you are being and feeling hurt by someone who is you love.
“You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly."
Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option. — Mark Twain
“I wish i were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart." – Julia Roberts
Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them" Dalai Lama
If you’re searching for the best love sayings and images to share with the people you care or just want to uplift yourself… look no further! From break up quotes, missing someone quotes, and good relationship quotes, we’ve got you covered.
- “Don’t waste your time on revenge. Those who hurt you will eventually face their own karma." » Matareva Pearl
- “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt." » Max Lerner
- “Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively use words of despair. Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble." » Yehuda Berg
- It doesn’t hurt to feel sad from time to time. Willie Nelson
- If you’re in trouble or hurt or need — go to the poor people. They’re the only ones that’ll help — the only ones. John Steinbeck
- If someone really wants to hurt you, they’ll find a way whatever. I don’t want to live my life worrying about it. George Michael
- “If someone decides they’re not going to be happy, it’s not your problem. You don’t have to spend your time and energy trying to cheer up someone who has already decided to stay in a bad mood. Believe it or not, you can actually hurt people by playing into their self-pity." » Joyce Meyer
- “Many times, the decisions we make the effect and hurt your closest friends and family the most. I have a lot of regrets in that regard. But God has forgiven me, which I am very thankful for. It has enabled me to forgive myself and move forward one day at a time." » Lex Luger
- “Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you. They, too, are on a path, and just like you, they are learning to walk before they can fly. Imagine if everybody you hurt in life turned their backs on you? You would be playing a hell of a lot of solitaires. Love them no matter what." » Nikki Sixx
- “The pain started years ago, but I’d lived with it for so long at that point that I’d accepted it as an inevitable part of me." » Ashley D. Wallis
- “That’s the funny thing about old hurts- they just wait for the new heartache to come along and then show up, just as sharp and horrible as the first day you woke up with the world changed all around you." » Lilith Saintcrow
- “Yes, I understand why things had to happen this way. I understand his reason for causing me pain. But mere understanding does not chase away the hurt. It does not call upon the sun when dark clouds have loomed over me. Let the rain come then if it must come! And let it wash away the dust that hurt my eyes!" » Jocelyn Soriano
- “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." » Mother Teresa
- “One by one drop fell from her eyes like they were on an assembly line – gather, fall, slide…gather, fall, slide…each one commemorating something she had lost. Hope. Faith. Confidence. Pride. Security. Trust. Independence. Joy. Beauty. Freedom. Innocence." » Lisi Harrison
Hurt Feelings Quotes & Sayings
Below you will find our collection of love hurts quotes, words about hurting, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
- You’ve hurt my feelings, you’ve broken my heart. I gave you my time, I gave you my trust but you left me for another. ~Godwin Delali Adadzie
- A stiff apology is a second insult. . . The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt. ~Gilbert K. Chesterton
- Don’t hurt my feelings anymore. I left you my roses and you gave me your thorns. ~Godwin Delali Adadzie
- I’ve learned that no matter how good a friend someone is, they’re going to hurt you every once in awhile and you must forgive them for that. ~Anonymous
- The truth may hurt for a little while but a lie hurts forever. ~Anonymous
- There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. ~Washington Irving
- I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- I tell kids that people will let them down and people will hurt them. But Jesus Christ will never let them down and never hurt them. ~Willie Aames
- Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them. ~Dalai Lama
- The difference between friendship and love is how much you can hurt each other. ~Ashleigh Brilliant
- Love comes to those who still hope even though they’ve been disappointed, to those who still believe even though they’ve been betrayed, to those who still love even though they’ve been hurt before. ~Anonymous
- Nobody can hurt me without my permission. ~Mohandas Gandhi
- Spiteful words can hurt your feelings but silence breaks your heart. ~Anonymous
- Forgive those who have hurt you. ~Les Brown
- To be rejected by someone doesn’t mean you should also reject yourself or that you should think of yourself as a lesser person. It doesn’t mean that nobody will ever love you anymore. Remember that only ONE person has rejected you at the moment, and it only hurt so much because to you, that person’s opinion symbolized the opinion of the whole world, of God. Jocelyn Soriano
- You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well. ~Lewis B. Smedes
- Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again? ~Rosa Parks
- We’re getting hurt, but I’m a long-term investor. ~Al-Waleed bin Talal
- A lot of times people’s main motives and plan in life is to hurt as many people as they can, but I think there are enough good people that help make the world a good place. ~Tina Yothers
- The problem to me is violence. It’s not cool to kill somebody or hurt people. ~Mark Ruffalo
- You generally hear that what a man doesn’t know doesn’t hurt him, but in business what a man doesn’t know does hurt. ~Gerald Brenan
- Sometimes you can be touched by God, but not healed. Often when this happens, he is using your pain for a greater purpose. Shannon L. Alder
- If a friend hurts you, run to your wife. ~Ethiopian proverb
- Disappointment hurts more than pain. ~American proverb
- ‘Tis easier to hurt than heal. ~German proverb
- When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you. ~African proverb
- The stupid might have wanted to help you, but ended up hurting you. ~Arabic proverb
- The medicine that hurts the most is generally the best healer. ~Scottish proverb
Love Hurt Quotes For Him and Her
It is inevitable that sometimes love hurts. Here are quotes about being hurt, and forgiveness. So, if you are hurting, read these quotes about love — the raw, real, painful side of love — and know that it is all part of the process and will only make your heart stronger. Because, if you can handle heartbreak, you can handle anything.
- “Because nothing makes me happier and nothing makes me sadder than you.”
- “I don’t hate you, I love you. But loving you is killing me. So this is goodbye even if I don’t want it to be.” – Nikita Gill
- “That feeling you get in your stomach when your heart’s broken. It’s like all the butterflies just died.”
- “The worst feeling is feeling unwanted by the person you want the most.”
- This eccentric quote is like a math equation that simply explains your pain and heartache. A quote that is an expression of your idea of an ideal relationship, and the reality of how yours has turned out to be. It nevertheless is a lesson that will be remembered for a lifetime, one that is the foundation for a better future.
- A painful love quote that is heart-rending and very real. A quote on lost love and the pain that ensues. One that talks of the loss, the path to recovery and the hope for a better future. But the fact remains, lost love is a scar that will not vanish, it is the memory that you should discount and move on.
- “I think about you too much. I care about you too much. I like you way too much..”
- “Maybe I was destined to forever fall in love with people I couldn’t have. Maybe there’s a whole assortment of impossible people waiting for me to find them. Waiting to make me feel the same impossibility over and over again."
― Carol Rifka Brunt, Tell the Wolves I’m Home
- “It may hurt to let go, but sometimes it hurts more to hold on.”
- “What do you do when the one person you want comfort from the most is the one who caused your pain? How can I want so desperately for him to wrap me up in his arms but also want so much for him to leave me alone."
― Amanda Grace, But I Love Him
- “I’m at such a dilemma, I want to distance myself from you, but yet, I don’t want to lose you.”
Famous Sad Hurt Quotes About Love and Pain
Knowing how to manage our pain is an essential surviving skill that can save us from becoming bitter and angry people. Learn from these inspiring quotes on pain and feeling hurt show how to turn negative feelings into a valuable learning experience. Here are the best sad quotes on feeling pain and hurt.
- Pain is temporary – The pain you feel today is only to get the strength to face tomorrow. ~ Sivaprakash Sidhu
- All conflict can be traced back to someone’s feelings getting hurt, don’t you think? – Liane Moriarty
- “Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." – L. Ron Hubbard
- “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it…"
– Nicholas Sparks
- “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten."
– William Faulkner
- Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. – Bob Marley
- The turning point in growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt. – Max Lerner
- I mean, at the end of the day, what the hell does it matter who I end up with if it can’t be you?"
– Tabitha Suzuma
- “No matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief."
– Faraaz Kazi
- “I pray that former rejection and deep hurts will not color what I see and hear now."
– Sue Augustine
- “You can victimize yourself by wallowing around in your own past."
– Wayne Dyer
- “Hands that never touch. Lips that never meet. The Almost Lovers, never to be."
– Rae Hachton
- “There will be a time when you are forced to follow your heart away from someone you love."
– Ashly Lorenzana
- “So it’s true when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love."
– E.A. Bucchianeri
- “They should tell you when you’re born: have a suitcase heart, be ready to travel."
– Gabrielle Zevin
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."
– Mark Twain
- “Why did I always end up loving the person who hurt me the most? Why was love so cruel?"
– J.C. Reed
- “Then his heart, now broken into a thousand pieces, slowly began to turn to ice."
– Morgan Rhodes
- “Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret."
– Laura Kasischke
- “We have to do with the past only as we can make it useful to the present and the future."
– Frederick Douglass
- “The heart was made to be broken."
– Oscar Wilde
- “I know my heart will never be the same but I’m telling myself I’ll be okay"
– Sara Evans
- “You’re gonna catch a cold from the ice inside your soul"
– Christina Perri
- “Love hurts worse than getting slammed by a 250-pound linebacker."– Miranda Kenneally“
Hurting Quotes on Relationship
Remember that no relationship is a total waste of time. You can always learn something about yourself. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all. Eleanor Roosevelt
An argument is always about what has been made more important than the relationship. Hugh Prather
- It hurts the most when the person who made you feel so special yesterday makes you feel so unwanted today.
- It takes longer to build a relationship than it does to destroy one. Matshona Dhliwayo
- I could have loved you once And said it But then you went away And when you came back Love was a forgotten word, Remember? Marilyn Monroe
- A deadness occurs in relationships when people are no longer willing to tell each other how they really feel. Shakti Gawain
- Relationships end because once the person has you, they stop doing the things it took to get you.
- Almost all of our sorrows spring out of our relations with other people. Arthur Schopenhauer
- Never place someone so high on a pedestal that if they should fall… you get crushed. Mark W. Boyer
- Relationships fail because people take their own insecurities and try and twist them into their partner’s flaws. Baylor Barbee
- Assumptions are the termites of relationships. Henry Winkler
- Leave someone who hates you as much as you hate yourself. Michael J. Bennett
- The relationship is like money, Hard to earn and easy to lose. Kumar Sinha
- You should not have to rip yourself into pieces to keep others whole.
- Not everyone who loves each other needs to be in a relationship. And not everyone who’s in a relationship loves each other.
- Anybody who does not value what you have does not deserve your relationship. Matthew Ashimolowo
- The best way to remain in your relationship is to keep other people out of your relationship. Carlos Wallace
- When a relationship doesn’t work anymore, it’s terrible to stay with someone that you don’t love. Monica Bellucci
- You lose yourself trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you. Tablo
- No partner in a love relationship… should feel that he has to give up an essential part of himself to make it viable. May Sarton
- Relationships based on obligation lack dignity. Wayne Dyer