Emanuel James “Jim” Rohn was an American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker who has left a lasting legacy of time-proven principles and wisdom. Best Jim Rohn quotes will inspire, motivate and push you to strive for better yourself and your life with insightful lessons.
If you’re searching for famous life sayings to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an inspiring collection of the most mind opening quotes from Alan Watts, Dalai Lama quotes about life and motivational Eric Thomas quotes.
Top 10 Jim Rohn Quotes
Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune.
Start from wherever you are and with whatever you’ve got.
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.
Either you run the day, or the day runs you.
Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
The big challenge is to become all that you have the possibility of becoming. You cannot believe what it does to the human spirit to maximize your human potential and stretch yourself to the limit.
Never wish life were easier, wish that you were better.
Character is a quality that embodies many important traits, such as integrity, courage, perseverance, confidence and wisdom. Unlike your fingerprints that you are born with and can’t change, character is something that you create within yourself and must take responsibility for changing.
Best Jim Rohn Quotes
Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.
The only way it gets better for you is when you get better. Better is not something you wish, it’s something you become.
Without constant activity, the threats of life will soon overwhelm the values.
Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom.
For things to change, you have to change.
The more you care, the stronger you can be.
If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
Those who will not read are no better off than those who cannot read.
Don’t let your learning lead to knowledge. Let your learning lead to action.
Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.
There are two types of pain you will go through in life, the pain of discipline and the pain of regret. Discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tonnes.
Success is not to be pursued, it is to be attracted by the person you become.
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.
You have two choices: You can make a living, or you can design a life.
Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced every day.
Don’t say, ‘If I could, I would.’ Say, ‘If I can, I will.’
It is the set of the sails, not the direction of the wind that determines which way we will go.
When you know what you want, and you want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it.
Discipline has within it the potential for creating future miracles.
Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high.
The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch.
Life is not just the passing of time. Life is the collection of experiences and their intensity.
If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.
Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.
You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out.
Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. You don’t fail overnight. Instead, failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.
Life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.
How long should you try? Until.
To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask?
All leaders are readers.
We must all wage an intense, lifelong battle against the constant downward pull. If we relax, the bugs and weeds of negativity will move into the garden and take away everything of value.
Don’t shortchange yourself when it comes to investing in your own better future.
It isn’t what the book costs; it’s what it will cost you if you don’t read it.
Start reading, and especially read the kinds of books that will help you unleash your inner potential.
What you become is far more important than what you get.
Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.
I used to blame everything outside of me for my lack of progress until I found that my problem was inside.
If you will be faithful to a few things, you will someday become the ruler over many things.
Character isn’t something you were born with and can’t change, like your fingerprints. It’s something you weren’t born with and must take responsibility for forming.
Poor people spend their money and save what’s left, rich people save their money and spend what’s left.
Your philosophy determines whether you will go for the disciplines or continue the errors.
Take interest and even delight in doing the small things well.
Living life in style also means living a life of balance.
Few key things that make a difference, once identified, spend major time on these things.
You cannot make progress without making decisions.
You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.
Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do.
Be fascinated instead of frustrated.
Unless you change how you are, you will always have what you got.
We generally change ourselves for one of two reasons: inspiration or desperation.
Success is what you attract by the person you become.
Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.
Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins.
Most Famous Quotes by Jim Rohn on Goals, Motivation, Success, Change, Relationships and Money
- Finding is reserved for those who search.
- Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.
- The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.
- Everyone must choose one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
- If you don’t sow, you don’t reap. You don’t even have a chance.
- A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well and to help those who are doing well to do even better.
- You must be careful not to let your current appetites steal away any chance we might have for a future feast.
- If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.
- If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan, and guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
- The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized — never knowing.
- The major key to your better future is you.
- We must learn to help those who deserve it, not just those who need it. Life responds to deserve not need.
- If you grow, everything grows for you.
- For every disciplined effort, there is a multiple reward.
- Never begrudge the money you spend on your own education.
- Better understated than overstated. Let people be surprised that it was more than you promised and easier than you said.
- If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn’t need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around.
- It doesn’t matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off. You cannot make progress without making decisions.
- The stronger the why, the easier the how becomes.
- We cannot move casually into a better future. We cannot casually pursue the goal we have set for ourselves. A goal that is casually pursued is not a goal, at best it is a wish, and wishes are little more than self-delusion.
- The more obstacles you face and overcome, the more times you falter and get back on track, the more difficulties you struggle with and conquer, the more resiliency you will naturally develop. There is nothing that can hold you back, if you are resilient.
- Don’t spend major time on minor things.
- Everyday stand guard at the door of your mind.
- Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure.
- Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals.
- You don’t get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.
- Don’t just read the easy stuff. You may be entertained by it, but you will never grow from it.
- We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
- Life and business are like the changing seasons. You cannot change the seasons, but you can change yourself. Therein lies the opportunity to live an extraordinary life–the opportunity to change yourself.
- Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people.
- Days are expensive. When you spend a day, you have one less day to spend. So, make sure you spend each one wisely.
- Give whatever you are doing and whoever you are with the gift of your attention.
- No one else ‘makes us angry.’ We make ourselves angry when we surrender control of our attitude.
Jim Rohn Speeches
The Facts About Jim Rohn
What did Jim Rohn die from?
His cause of death is Pulmoner Fibrozis.
What is Jim Rohn known for?
As the recipient of the 1985 National Speakers Association CPAE Award for excellence in speaking, he is the author of 17 different written, audio, and video media, including “The Power of Ambition”, “Take Charge of Your Life”, and “The Day That Turns Your Life Around”.
How much was Jim Rohn worth?
He died in 2009 with a net worth of more than $500 million dollars.