Many were inspired with the best Walt Disney quotes. Walter Elias “Walt” Disney is an entrepreneur, a voice actor, a film producer and an animator who started his venture in 1920.
Over the next few years, Disney achieved success in the animation business and created such famous characters as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Mickey Mouse. Over the next several decades, Disney produced successful cartoon series’ and feature films such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, and Bambi.
He was known not only because of the success of his company but because of how he strived in his life to acquire his goals and strengthen his company’s pillars to be where it is now.
Here Walt Disney quotes and sayings:
- Famous Walt Disney Inspirational Quotes
- Walt Disney Quotes on Imagination and Dreams
- Words by Walt Disney About Disneyland
- Walt Disney Quotes About Growing Up and Children
- Walt Disney Sayings About Love, Family and Relationship
- Mickey Mouse Quotes From Walt Disney
Top 10 Walt Disney Quotes
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
That’s the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. – Walt Disney
When you’re curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. – Walt Disney
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. – Walt Disney
Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, then worrying won’t make it any better. – Walt Disney
If you can dream, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started by a mouse. – Walt Disney
Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever. – Walt Disney
Do your best work then try to trump it. – Walt Disney
Whatever you do, do it well. – Walt Disney
Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional. – Walt Disney
If you’re searching for the cute quotes on happiness and images to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself… look no further! From quotes from Bob Marley, Marilyn Monroe sayings, and quotes by Dr. Seuss, we’ve got you covered.
Famous Walt Disney Inspirational Quotes
These inspiring Walt Disney quotes perfectly capture the spirit of this legendary man. Motivational words from Walt Disney have some important insights on becoming the most authentic version of yourself not beating yourself up and seeing the bright side. Also, get some inspiration from Maya Angelou quotes and sayings with images.
- “That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up.” – Walt Disney
- “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
- “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
- “Ideas come from curiosity.” – Walt Disney
- “The difference in winning and losing is most often not quitting.” – Walt Disney
- “I believe in being a motivator.” – Walt Disney
- “I don’t like formal gardens. I like wild nature. It’s just the wilderness instinct in me, I guess.” – Walt Disney
- “Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it’s done right.” – Walt Disney
- “Life is composed of lights and shadows, and we would be untruthful, insincere, and saccharine if we tried to pretend there were no shadows. Most things are good, and they are the strongest things, but there are evil things too, and you are not doing a child a favor by trying to shield him from reality. The important thing is to teach a child that good can always triumph over evil.” – Walt Disney
- “Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.” – Walt Disney
- “Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future.” – Walt Disney
- “Laughter is America’s most important export.” – Walt Disney
- “I am in no sense of the word a great artist, not even a great animator; I have always had men working for me whose skills were greater than my own. I am an idea man.” – Walt Disney
- “That’s what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again.” – Walt Disney
- “I suppose my formula might be: dream, diversify and never miss an angle.” – Walt Disney
- “I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.” – Walt Disney
- “Every persona has his own ideas of the act of praying for God’s guidance, tolerance, and mercy to fulfill his duties and responsibilities. My own concept of prayer is not as a plea for special favors, nor as a quick palliation for wrongs knowingly committed. A prayer, it seems to me, implies a promise as well as a request; at the highest level, prayer not only is a supplication for strength and guidance but also becomes an affirmation of life and thus a reverent praise of God.” – Walt Disney
- “I have never been interested in personal gain or profit. This business and this studio have been my entire life.” – Walt Disney
- “I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things.” – Walt Disney
- “I wanted to retain my individuality. I was afraid of being hampered by studio policies. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained.” – Walt Disney
- “Around here, we don’t look backward for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
- “A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it, or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” – Walt Disney
- “I don’t make pictures just to make money. I make money to make more pictures.” – Walt Disney
- “When I was a kid, a book I read advised young artists to be themselves. That decided it for me. I was a corny kind of guy, so I went in for corn.” – Walt Disney
- “Faith is the most important thing. If you believe in something, believe it till the end, unequivocally and without hesitation.” – Walt Disney
- “The human species, although happily ridiculous at times, is till reaching for the stars.” – Walt Disney
- “Courage is the main quality of leadership, in my opinion, no matter where it is exercised. Usually, it implies some risk, especially in new undertakings. Courage to initiate something and to keep it going– pioneering and an adventurous spirit to blaze new ways often in our land of opportunity.” – Walt Disney
- “It is good to have a failure while you’re young because it teaches you so much, and once you’ve lived through the worst, you’re never quite as vulnerable afterward.” – Walt Disney
- “Faith I have, in myself, in humanity, in the worthwhileness of the pursuits in entertainment for the masses. But wide awake, not blind faith, moves me.” – Walt Disney
- “All you’ve got to do is own up to your ignorance honestly, and you’ll find people who are eager to fill your head with information.” – Walt Disney
- “I am not influenced by the techniques or fashions of any other motion picture company.” – Walt Disney
- “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
- “My greatest reward is that I have been able to build this wonderful organization.” – Walt Disney
- “For every laugh, there should be a tear.” – Walt Disney
- “I don’t believe there’s a challenge anywhere in the world that’s more important to people everywhere than finding solutions to the problems of our cities. But where do we begin– how do we start answering this great challenge? Well, we’re convinced we must start answering the public need. And the need is not just for curing the old ills of old cities. We think the need is for starting from scratch on virgin land and building a special kind of new community that will always be in a state of becoming. It will never cease to be a living blueprint of the future, where people actually live a life they can’t find anywhere else in the world.” – Walt Disney
- “We create happiness.” – Walt Disney
- “Happiness is a state of mind. it’s just according to the way you look at things.” – Walt Disney
- “I always look on the optimistic side of life.” – Walt Disney
- “Of all the things I’ve done, the most vital is coordinating those who work with me and aiming their efforts at a certain goal.” – Walt Disney
- “I never called my work an ‘art’. It’s part of show business, the business of building entertainment.” – Walt Disney
- “Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood.” – Walt Disney
- “I take great pride in the artistic development of cartoons. Our characters are made to go through emotions.” – Walt Disney
- “In bad times and in good, I have never lost my sense of zest for life.” – Walt Disney
- “I have no use for people who throw their weight around as celebrities, or for those who fawn over you just because you are famous.” – Walt Disney
Walt Disney Quotes on Imagination and Dreams
Walt Disney left behind some quotes on dreams, imagination, and life. Disney knew that inside every grown-up is a child longing to dream freely again.
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
- “If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started by a mouse.” – Walt Disney
- “I dream, I test my dreams against my beliefs, I dare to take risks, and I execute my vision to make those dreams come true.” – Walt Disney
- “When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.” – Walt Disney
- If you can dream it, you can do it. – Walt Disney
- The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. – Walt Disney
- “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever.” – Walt Disney
- “First, think. Second, dream. Third, believe. And finally, dare.” – Walt Disney
- “Dreams, ideas, and plans not only are an escape, they give me purpose, a reason to hang on.” – Walt Disney
- “Money doesn’t excite me, my ideas excite me.” – Walt Disney
- “There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.” – Walt Disney
- “I’d say it’s been my biggest problem all my life… it’s money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true.” – Walt Disney
- “Until a character becomes a personality it cannot be believed. Without personality, the character may do funny or interesting things, but unless people are able to identify themselves with the character, its actions will seem unreal. And without personality, a story cannot ring true to the audience.” – Walt Disney
- “Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.” – Walt Disney
- “I try to build a full personality for each of our cartoon characters – to make them personalities.” – Walt Disney
- “In our animation we must show only the actions and reactions of a character, but we must picture also with the action. . . the feeling of those characters.” – Walt Disney
- “Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive. This facility makes it the most versatile and explicit means of communication yet devised for quick mass appreciation.” – Walt Disney
- “Animation offers a medium of story telling and visual entertainment which can bring pleasure and information to people of all ages everywhere in the world.” – Walt Disney
Words by Walt Disney About Disneyland
Disneyland Park, originally Disneyland is the only theme park designed and built under the direct supervision of Walt Disney. He always envisioned a place where parents and children could have fun together. A place that would constantly be in a state of flux and would change with the times. Disneyland ultimately became Walt’s greatest success though many people originally considered it his greatest folly. These Walt Disney quotes on Disneyland capture his desire to make dreams come true.
- “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” – Walt Disney
- “I don’t want the public to see the world they live in while they’re in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they’re in another world.” – Walt Disney
- “Disneyland is a work of love. We didn’t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.” – Walt Disney
- “We did it Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster – closed and forgotten within the first year.” – Walt Disney
- “Disneyland is a show.” – Walt Disney
- “I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral.” – Walt Disney
- “You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality.” – Walt Disney
- “To all who come to this happy place, welcome” – Walt Disney
- “It is my wish to delight all members of the family, young and old, parent and child” – Walt Disney
- “When we opened Disneyland, a lot of people got the impression that it was a get-rich-quick thing, but they didn’t realize that behind Disneyland was this great organization that I built here at the Studio. And they all got into it and we were doing it because we loved to do it.” – Walt Disney
- “Disneyland is a thing that I can keep molding and shaping. It’s a three-dimensional thing to play with. But when I say, ‘play with it,’ I don’t mean that. Everything I do I keep a practical eye toward its appeal to the public.” – Walt Disney
- “Disneyland would be a world of Americans, past and present, seen through the eyes of my imagination- a place of warmth and nostalgia, of illusion and color and delight.” – Walt Disney
- “When I started on Disneyland, my wife used to say, ‘But why do you want to build an amusement park? They’re so dirty.’ I told her that was just the point- mine wouldn’t be.” – Walt Disney
- “Disneyland is like Alice stepping through the Looking Glass; to step through portals of Disneyland will be like entering another world.” – Walt Disney
- “Physically, Disneyland would be a small world in itself- it would encompass the essence of the things that were good and true in American life. It would reflect the faith and challenge of the future, the entertainment, the interest in intelligently presented facts, the stimulation of imagination, the standards of health and achievement, and above all, a sense of strength, contentment, and well-being.” – Walt Disney
- “A word may be said in regard to the concept and conduct of Disneyland’s operational tone. Although various sections will have the fun and flavor of a carnival or amusement park, there will be none of the ‘pitches,’ game wheels, sharp practices, and devices designed to milk the visitor’s pocketbook.” – Walt Disney
- “To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here, age relives fond memories of the past… and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America… with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” – Walt Disney
- “Disneyland is like a piece of clay, if there is something I don’t like, I’m not stuck with it. I can reshape and revamp.” – Walt Disney
- “Whenever I go on a ride, I’m always thinking of what’s wrong with the thing and how it can be improved.” – Walt Disney
- “It’s no secret that we were sticking just about every nickel we had on the chance that people would really be interested in something totally new and unique in the field of entertainment.” – Walt Disney
- “We did it, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster- closed and forgotten within the first year.” – Walt Disney
- “The idea of Disneyland is a simple one. It will be a place for people to find happiness and knowledge. It will be a place for parents and children to share pleasant times in one another’s company; a place for teachers and pupils to discover greater ways of understanding and education. Here the older generation can recapture the nostalgia of days gone by, and the younger generation can savor the challenge of the future.” – Walt Disney
Walt Disney Quotes About Growing Up and Children
It’s difficult to imagine a childhood today without the magic of Disney.
Walt Disney knew that inside every grown-up is a child longing to dream freely again. So here are Walt Disney Quotes on growing up and being a child. Also, Peter Pan sayings will make you never want to grow up.
- “Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource – the minds of our children.” – Walt Disney
- “Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.” – Walt Disney
- “Adults are interested if you don’t play down to the little 2 or 3-year-olds or talk down. I don’t believe in talking down to children. I don’t believe in talking down to any certain segment. I like to kind of just talking in a general way to the audience. Children are always reaching.” – Walt Disney
- “Children are people, and they should have to reach to learn about things, to understand things, just as adults have to reach if they want to grow in mental stature.” – Walt Disney
- “Childishness? I think it’s the equivalent of never losing your sense of humor. I mean, there’s a certain something that you retain. It’s the equivalent of not getting so stuffy that you can’t laugh at others.” – Walt Disney
- “I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence.” – Walt Disney
- “I don’t believe in playing down to children, either in life or in motion pictures. I didn’t treat my own youngsters like fragile flowers, and I think no parent should.” – Walt Disney
- “I have long felt that the way to keep children out of trouble is to keep them interested in things.” – Walt Disney
- “To the youngsters of today, I say believe in the future; the world is getting better.” – Walt Disney
- “Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children’s approach to life. They’re people who don’t give a hang what the Jones’ do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought – sometimes it isn’t much, either.” – Walt Disney
- “You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.” – Walt Disney
- “Every child is born blessed with a vivid imagination. But just as a muscle grows flabby with disuse, so the bright imagination of a child pales in later years if he ceases to exercise it.” – Walt Disney
- “It’s a mistake not to give people a chance to learn to depend on themselves while they are young.” – Walt Disney
Walt Disney Sayings About Love, Family, and Relationship
The family was always of the upmost importance to Walt Disney and he thought of his employees as he thought of his very own family. These quotes from Walt Disney on family give us some important insights.
- “A man should never neglect his family for business.” – Walt Disney
- “My business is making people, especially children, happy.” – Walt Disney
- “The important thing is the family. If you can keep the family together- and that’s the backbone of our whole business, catering to families- that’s what we hope to do.” – Walt Disney
- “The greatest moments in life are not concerned with selfish achievements but rather with the things we do for the people we love and esteem.” – Walt Disney
- “The most important thing brought about in the past quarter century of motion-picture history is the recognition that amusement, recreation, mass diversion, is no longer a dispensable luxury. Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney
- “We believed in our idea- a family park where parents and children could have fun together.” – Walt Disney
- “The more you are in a state of gratitude, the more you will attract things to be grateful for.” – Walt Disney
- “People are always analyzing our approach to entertainment. Some reporters have called it the ‘special secret’ of Disney entertainment. Well, we like a little mystery in our films, but there’s really no secret about our approach. We’re interested in doing things that are fun- in bringing pleasure and especially laughter to people. And we have never lost our faith in family entertainment- stories that make people laugh, stories about warm and human things, stories about historic characters and events, and stories about animals.” – Walt Disney
- “We think of the family audience. Mickey Mouse would not have been the success he was were it not for the broad appeal. We are not playing just for kids. If you took your kids to the movies and left them there to be picked up later and did not go in yourself, I’d feel unhappy. After all, if you are aiming at the kids, what age would you aim at?” – Walt Disney
- “Do what you do so well that they want to see it again and bring their friends.” – Walt Disney
- “We’re all proud of the honors that many groups around the world have given us. And we’re even more proud that the public- whether in theaters, at Disneyland, or in their homes- continue to express faith in the kind of family entertainment we produce.” – Walt Disney
- “We try it in everything we do here, you know… for the family. We don’t actually make films for children. But we make films that children can enjoy along with their parents.” – Walt Disney
- “A family picture is one the kids can take their parents to see and not be embarrassed.” – Walt Disney
- “I think that by producing family films we reach the audience which has been dormant at the box office for a long time. I don’t like downbeat pictures and I cannot believe that the average family does either. Personally, when I go to the theater I don’t want to come out depressed. That’s why we make the kind of films so many label ‘family types.’ We avoid messages and have opened up new doors and broadened the field for ourselves by producing human stories, with comedy and drama mixed.” – Walt Disney
- “Over at our place, we’re sure of just one thing: everybody in the world was once a child. So in planning a new picture, we don’t think of grown-ups, and we don’t think of children, but just of that fine, clean, unspoiled spot down deep in every one of us that maybe the world has made us forget and that maybe our pictures can help recall.” – Walt Disney
Mickey Mouse Quotes From Walt Disney
Mickey Mouse is a funny animal cartoon character and the official mascot of The Walt Disney Company. He was created by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks at the Walt Disney Studios in 1928.
Also, The Mickey Mouse universe is a fictional shared universe which is the setting for stories involving cartoon characters Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, and many other characters.
- “Mickey Mouse is to me a symbol of independence. He was a means to an end. He popped out of Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner. Born of necessity, the little fellow literally freed us of immediate worry. He provided the means for extending our organization to its present dimensions and for extending the medium of cartoon animation to new entertainment levels. He spelled production liberation for us.” – Walt Disney
- “Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner.” – Walt Disney
- “All we ever intended for him or expected of him was that he should continue to make people everywhere chuckle with him and at him. We didn’t burden him with any social symbolism, we made him no mouthpiece for frustrations or harsh satire. Mickey was simply a little personality assigned to the purposes of laughter.” – Walt Disney
- “The life and ventures of Mickey Mouse have been closely bound up with my own personal and professional life.” – Walt Disney
- “I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.” – Walt Disney
- “It is understandable that I should have sentimental attachment for the little personage who played so big a part in the course of Disney Productions and has been so happily accepted as an amusing friend wherever films are shown around the world. He still speaks for me and I still speak for him.” – Walt Disney
- “When people laugh at Mickey Mouse it’s because he’s so human, and that is the secret of his popularity.” – Walt Disney
- “We felt that the public, and especially the children, like animals that are cute and little. I think we are rather indebted to Charlie Chaplin for the idea. We wanted something appealing, and we thought a tiny bit of a mouse that would have something of the wistfulness of Chaplin- a little fellow trying to do the best he could.” – Walt Disney
- “I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse.” – Walt Disney
Some Facts About Walt Disney
What is Walt Disney known for?
He known as creating “Mickey Mouse” and also an innovative animator. He is the founder of theme parks Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
What is Walt Disney’s favorite character?
What did Walt Disney invent?
He invented Magic Bands and Fantasound.
What were Walt Disney’s last words?
“They were all very sweet.
1 thought on “120+ Must-Read Walt Disney Quotes To Leverage Dreamer in You”
Thank you for posting quotes on my favorite subjects: Mickey Mouse and imagination!
Comments are closed.