Loving unconditionally is the active choice to love someone no matter what may come your way, and caring about the happiness of another person with no expectation of reward for yourself. So, it is more a behavior versus a feeling.
Powerful unconditional love quotes both help you express your feeling, and gain deep understanding to strengthen your heart. It is not easy, but it’s reachable.
If you’re searching for love quotes to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of quotes about loving someone, crazy love sayings and best flirty quotes.
Unconditional Love Quotes
The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you. Bob Marley
Unconditional love is the greatest gift of all. Sylvia Massara
Unconditional love is an illogical notion, but such a great and powerful one. A.J. Jacobs
Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. William Shakespeare
The only love worthy of a name is unconditional. John Powell
The unconditional love of God leads to a life of freedom and transforms each day into a potentially wild adventure. Randy Elrod
True unconditional love starts from you to you. Stop waiting on others to give it to you. Edmond Mbiaka
To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return. Madonna
Unconditional love, agape love, will not be swayed by time or circumstances. Stephen Kendrick
Once you learn to accept and love them for who they are, you subconsciously learn to love yourself unconditionally. Yvonne Pierre
The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. Thomas Merton
The only way love can last a lifetime is if it’s unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love. Stephen Kendrick
You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear. Oscar Wilde
Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations. It means full acceptance, even celebration of another’s personhood. Karen Casey
Unconditional Love is the outer expression of Inner Peace. Alaric Hutchinson
If you just believe in me, I will love you endlessly. Mariah Carey
This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls. Aberjhani
As I’m getting older, I’m really learning unconditional love and loyalty are extremely important. Bindi Irwin
Unconditional love is hard to compete with. Abbi Glines
As we grow older together, as we continue to change with age, there is one thing that will never change. I will always keep falling in love with you. Karen Clodfelder
Accept the children the way we accept trees—with gratitude, because they are a blessing—but do not have expectations or desires. You don’t expect trees to change, you love them as they are. Isabel Allende
What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love. Nicholas Sparks
If someone is facing a difficult time, one of the kindest things you can do for him or her is to say, ‘I’m going to love you through this.’ Molly Friedenfeld
Love… What is love? Love is to love someone for who they are, who they were, and who they will be. Chris Moore
When we make the choice to fill our heart space with unconditional love, our worlds blossom into a beauty far greater than we have known. Rio Godfrey
If a dog can love us unconditionally, why can’t we love each other the same way? Carol McKibben
The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance. Brian Tracy
Remember, in our inmost being, we are all completely lovable because spirit is love. Beyond what anyone can make you think or feel about yourself, your unconditioned spirit stands, shining with a love nothing can tarnish. Deepak Chopra
I love you without knowing how or when or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride. Pablo Neruda
Intense love does not measure, it just gives. Mother Teresa
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Love expects no reward. Love knows no fear. Love Divine gives – does not demand. Love thinks no evil; imputes no motive. To Love is to share and serve. Swami Sivananda
The only way love can last a lifetime is if it unconditional. Stephen Kendrick
Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend. Martin Luther King, Jr.
To give and not expect return, that is what lies at the heart of love. Oscar Wilde
Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Love me without restriction. Trust me without fear. Want me without demand. Accept me for who I am.
Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means. Leo Buscaglia
One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving. Paulo Coelho
I do not want to change anything in you. I love you the way you are.
You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving. Amy Carmichael
I would want everyone to love someone in the purest sense of the word – an unconditional love in which you don’t expect anything in return. Michael Arden
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. Maya Angelou
I don’t want someone who sees the good about me. I want someone who sees the bad and still loves me.
I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. Mother Teresa
Actual love, as in unconditional love, doesn’t mean you love everything about the person. It means you don’t need them to be different than they are for you to be happy.
Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you. Wayne Dyer
The most memorable people in life will be the friends who loved you when you weren’t very lovable.
Love is, above all, the gift of oneself. Jean Anouilh
Don’t do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. Henry Rollins
Find a heart that will love you at your worst and arms that will hold you at your weakest.
Love is the doorway through which the human soul passes from selfishness to service.
We all want to be in love and find that person who is going to love us no matter how our feet smell, no matter how angry we get one day, no matter the things we say that we don’t mean. Will Smith
When someone else’s happiness is your happiness. That is love. Lana Del Rey
He who is devoid of the power to forgive, is devoid of the power to love. Martin Luther King, Jr.
We do not judge the people we love. Jean-Paul Sartre
Do all things with love. Og Mandino
You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness. Julia Roberts
Love creates an ‘us’ without destroying a ‘me.’
Love is all, it gives all, and it takes all. Soren Kierkegaard
Where there is great love there are always miracles. Willa Cather
My love for you overflows like a stream of waterfall. You may make mistakes and we may fight but I will always love you unconditionally, just as you are. Tanisha Lakes
All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy
Best Unconditional Love Quotes and Sayings
- Accepting someone with all their faults and failings without expecting anything in return is hard. But that is what true love is all about. Allison Maine
- Where there is love there is life. Mahatma Gandhi
- Anyone can love according to their convenience. True love is tested when you have to love someone even when they do not love you back in the same way. Chloe Truth
- Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul. St. Augustine
- There are people who wish to love more and give more of themselves. They find out that the highest form of love is unconditional. Audrey James
- What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. Helen Keller.
- Once you have learned to love, you will have learned to live.
- Love is its own reward. Thomas Merton
- A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love. Mother Teresa
- Love is life…and if you miss love, you miss life. Leo Buscaglia
- All you need is love. The Beatles
- We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Sam Keen
- Love is so unconditional; love liberates; love is the reason why I do what I do, and so I think it is the greatest gift we have. BeBe Winans
- Unconditional love really exists in each of us. It is part of our deep inner being. It is not so much an active emotion as a state of being. It’s not ‘I love you’ for this or that reason, not ‘I love you if you love me.’ It’s love for no reason, love without an object. Ram Dass
- Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get only with what you are expecting to give which is everything. Katherine Hepburn
- Nothing you become will disappoint me; I have no preconception that I’d like to see you be or do. I have no desire to forsee you, only to discover you. You can’t disappoint me. Mary Haskell
- The greatest act of loving another person is letting go and wishing for their happiness and wellbeing regardless of your sorrow and pain. Anurag Prakash Ray
- Anyone can love you when things are alright. It takes courage to love when things are not good, and it does not feel right. Yolanda Adams
- Only the flow matters; live and let live, love and let love. There is no point in love. D.H. Lawrence
- Love grows by giving. The love we give away is the only love we keep. The only way to retain love is to give it away. Elbert Hubbard
- Unconditional love is like a country of two with no laws and no government. Which is all fine if everyone is peaceful and law abiding. In the wrong hands, though, you got looting and crime sprees, and let me tell you, the people who demand unconditional love are usually the ones who will rob and pillage and then blame you because you left your door unlocked. Deb Caletti
- To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten. Thomas Chandler
- No matter how many times she was told that she was loved, there was no recognition that the proof was in the abandonment. Markus Zusak
- When we love there is no reason why. Vanna Bonta
- Love, you know, seeks to make happy rather than to be happy. Ralph Connor
- But groundless hope, like unconditional love, is the only kind worth having. John Perry Barlow
- I’m not really easy to live with! There needs to be unlimited patience and unconditional love. Men I’ve known before loved my independent spirit and were proud of my success, to the point that they’d become jealous of the time I devote to my career. Milla Jovovich
- Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse of impossibility; for it thinks all things lawful for itself, and all things possible. Thomas Kempis
- Even though we are deceived, still believe. Though we are betrayed, still forgive. Love completely even those who hate you. Sun Myung Moon
- It should be a privilege to be able to say I love you to someone. It shouldn’t be something people say just because they feel like it. A privilege that is earned. They say you have to earn the right to be loved; no, love is unconditional, if you love someone, they don’t have to earn it. But. The right to tell someone that you love them? That has to be earned. You have to earn the right to be believed. C. JoyBell C.
- There is no remedy for love but to love more. Henry David Thoreau
- Because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.
- If love is blind, then maybe a blind person that loves has a greater understanding of it. Chris Jami
- Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. Bruce Lee
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other. The Dalai Lama
- The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever. Nicholas Sparks
- Quite simply it is love. It is the unconditional love that says, regardless of what you do or where you go, I will always be there for you. Elijah Wood
- The best thing in life is finding someone who knows all of your mistakes and weaknesses and still thinks you’re completely amazing.
- Love means to love that which is unlovable, or it is no virtue at all. Gilbert K. Chesterton
- I love you because I love you, because it would be impossible not to love you. I love you without question, without calculation, without reason, good or bad, faithfully, with all my heart and soul, and every faculty. Juliette Drouet
- I don’t know a perfect person. I only know flawed people who are still worth loving. John Green
- Love has no conditions. When we put conditions, when we put barriers and boundaries, then we lose love. Love is condition-less. Love is barrier-less. Look at the moon, sun, stars, trees. . . they are just on for everyone. When our love also flows for everyone, you become very natural. Chidanand Saraswati