You are unique, and you have something special to show. Motivating be yourself quotes will help you to live the life that is most authentic and real in your heart.
If you’re searching for wise inspirational quotes that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of best new beginning quotes, empowering confidence quotes and powerful never give up quotes.
Best Be Yourself Quotes
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. – Bernard M. Maruch
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness. – Allen Ginsberg
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. – Marilyn Monroe
I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself. – Rita Mae Brown
Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive. – Gerard Way
Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. – Bruce Lee
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde
Where’s your will to be weird? –Jim Morrison
Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are. –Beyoncé
Find out who you are and do it on purpose. – Dolly Parton
When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you. – Lao Tzu
Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner. – Lao Tzu
Don’t worry what people say or what people think. Be yourself. – Brett Hull
You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. – Maya Angelou
Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. – Bertrand Russell
To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are. – Roy T. Bennett
Some people like you, some people don’t. In the end, you just have to be yourself. – Andres Iniesta
About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all. – Rita Mae Brown
I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it. – Johnny Depp
It’s just better to be yourself than to try to be some version of what you think the other person wants. – Matt Damon
There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself. – Anthony Rapp
To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on. – Dave Pelzer
Follow your own star! – Dante Alighieri
We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin. – Andre Berthiaume
One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself. – Shannon L. Alder
You cannot change what you are, only what you do. – Philip Pullman
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. – Oscar Wilde
Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. – Coco Chanel
Never dull your shine for somebody else. – Tyra Banks
You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant? – Dr. Seuss
No other version, no matter how perfect it is, would ever feel better than being your true self. – Edmond Mbiaka
You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do. –Eleanor Roosevelt
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think. – Roy T. Bennett
Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire. – St. Catherine of Sienna
Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are. – Julius Charles Hare
I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all. – Coco Chanel
If you can just be yourself, then you have to be original because there’s no one like you. – Marc Newson
Live life as though nobody is watching and express yourself as though everyone is listening. – Nelson Mandela
Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we’ll ever do. – Brené Brown
I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet. – Mahatma Gandhi
Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own. – Angelina Jolie
Don’t try to impress people. Always be yourself. – Bella Thorne
Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else. – Judy Garland
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. – E.E. Cummings
Just be you, be beautiful and be comfortable in your own skin. – Helen Edwards
God has given you one face, and you make yourself another. – William Shakespeare
The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop. – Cassandra Clare
If you cannot be a poet, be the poem. – David Carradine
I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves. – Steve Maraboli
There is nothing more awful, insulting, and depressing than banality. – Anton Chekhov
I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, that I will do strongly before the sun and moon whatever only rejoices me, and the heart appoints. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another. – Homer
Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don’t be someone else just be yourself. – Selena Gomez
If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else? – RuPaul
Just Be Yourself Quotes That Will Brighten Your Day
- Always be yourself. At the end of the day, that’s all you’ve really got; when you strip everything down, that’s all you’ve got, so always be yourself. – Al Roker
- Existence wants you to be you. – Osho
- Never apologize for being yourself. – Paolo Coelho
- You must not be afraid of your uniqueness and you must care less and less what people think of you. – Robert Greene
- Art and life really are the same, and both can only be about a spiritual journey, a path towards a re-union with a supreme creator, with god, with the divine; and this is true no matter how unlikely, how strange, how unorthodox, one’s particular life path might appear to one’s self or others at any given moment. – Genesis P-Orridge
- The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. – Friedrich Nietzsche
- They can’t scare me, if I scare them first. – Lady Gaga
- Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live. – Gianni Versace
- I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be. – Dita Von Teese
- An unfulfilled vocation drains the color from a man’s entire existence. – Balzac
- When I was a child my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk, you’ll be the pope.’ Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso. – Picasso
- You are not a bad person because you are gay. You are you because you are you and you were meant to be you so be you proudly. – Tegan Quin
- Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are. – Jaeda deWalt
- Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for – Oliver James
- If you want to be yourself, sometimes you can’t compare the economic benefit with art. – Kelly Liang
- To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. – Bono
- Learn to… be what you are and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. – Henri Frederic Amiel
- Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth. – Benjamin Disraeli
- If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. – Johann von Goethe
- The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time. – Friedrich Nietzsche
- One’s real life is often the life that one does not lead. – Oscar Wilde
- It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. – Andre Gide
- Taking into account the public’s regrettable lack of taste, it is incumbent upon you not to fit in. – Janeane Garofalo
- I feel that the simplicity of life is just being yourself. – Bobby Brown
- How many more of us are faking the facade? How many more of us are pretending to be something we’re not? Even better, how many of us will have the courage to be ourselves regardless of what others think? – Katie McGarry
- Don’t dilute yourself for any person or any reason. You are enough! Be unapologetically you. – Steve Mariboli
- A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself, and specially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to letting a person be what he really is. – Jim Morrison
- Remember, it’s ok to be yourself. – Richard Branson
- We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us. – Virginia Satir
- He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away. – Raymond Hull
- To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- You change the world by being yourself. – Yoko Ono
- I never said to be like me, I say be yourself and make a difference. – Marilyn Manson
- You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens. – Louise Hay
- Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you, and stay. – Will Smith
- You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are! – John Lennon
- Nobody is so miserable as he who longs to be somebody and something other than the person he is in body and mind. – Angelo Patri
Inspirational Quotes About Being Yourself
- Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself. – Luna Lovegood
- You were born an original. Don’t die a copy. – John Mason
- You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and be courageous. – Gabby Douglas
- Just because they disagree, doesn’t mean you ain’t right. – Toba Beta
- It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you’re different than anyone else. – Tony Bennett
- The things that make me different are the things that make me. – Winnie the Pooh
- Don’t compromise even if it hurts to be yourself. – Toby Keith
- Take care not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and can’t be in life. – Meg Medina
- Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye. – Helen Keller
- I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to. – Jimi Hendrix
- The more you put yourself in situations that show that you don’t care what people think, the more people will seem to like you because they know you are truly being yourself. – Joe Casanova
- If you peg your identity to the things you do, you are facing a never-ending cycle of identity evaluation. – Janeen Latini
- Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. – L. Hay
- Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive. – Harold Whitman
- If you’re able to be yourself, then you have no competition. All you have to do is get closer and closer to that essence. – Barbara Cook
- When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside. – Joel Osteen
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. – Mark Twain
- The only way you’re going to get through life, happily, is being yourself. – Nikki Blonsky
- Nothing can be more hurtful to your heart than betraying yourself. – Roy T. Bennett
- Be yourself; not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be. – Henry David Thoreau
- Just be yourself, and enjoy the blessings that God’s borne out on you. – Delilah
- Don’t compromise yourself. You’re all you’ve got. – Janis Joplin
- Don’t change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.
- Let go of who you think you need to be and just be who you actually are.
- Don’t ever compare yourself to others. You are not a copy, you are an original. Craft your own individuality and sense of style and just be yourself. – Yvonne
- The biggest challenge of life is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.
- Stop letting other people define you, be yourself and be proud of it.
- Don’t be afraid, just be yourself.
- Be yourself, but always your better self. – Karl G. Maeser
- Just be who you want to be, not what others want to see.
- Don’t worry about what the people say; be yourself, say what you want to say with respect. – Mariano Rivera
- Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself. – Harvey Fierstein
- When you truly don’t care what anyone thinks of you, you have reached a dangerously awesome level of freedom.
- Be yourself. That is something you can do better than anyone else. Listen to that inner voice and bravely follow it.
- Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person that you are. – Mandy Hale
- Be yourself. People don’t have to like you, and you don’t have to care.
- By being yourself, you put something beautiful into the world that was not there before. – Edwin Elliot
- Be different; be unique; be yourself. – Christina Grimmie
- Fearlessly be yourself. – Anthony Rapp
- Being true to yourself is better than being a liar.
- Don’t let other people decide who you are. – Bob Goff
- You can’t believe how hard it is to be yourself. – Chris Collinsworth
- When someone is properly grounded in life, they shouldn’t have to look outside themselves for approval. – Epictetus
- The freedom to be yourself is a gift only you can give yourself. But once you do, no one can take it away. – Doe Zantamata
- Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses. – Brian Tracy
- No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else. – Buckminster Fuller
- There will be days when your sky will glow pink with happiness and so will you.
- The best of me is yet to come.
- Never let anyone treat you like you’re ordinary.
- Be yourself, there’s no one better.
- Life is better when you’re laughing.
- Be more of you, and less of them.
- Self love is the best love.
- Some days you just have to create your own sunshine.
- I’m not lazy, I’m on energy-saving mode.
- I am who I am, I am what I am, I do what I do and I ain’t never gonna do it any different.
- I like being myself. Maybe just slimmer, with fewer wrinkles.
- Be you, do you, for you.
- You have to believe the changes you’ve already made.
- The way you speak to yourself matters the most.
- You only live once.
- There’s no other way I’d rather be. Confidence is all I see.
- I’m only human but admitted I’m such a beautiful mess.
- Don’t believe you have to be like anybody to be somebody.
- Confidence level = selfie with no filter.
Since photo without captions is like a book without a title, selfie captions help you highlight that photo.
Courage To Be Yourself Quotes
- The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. – Coco Chanel
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. – E.E. Cummings
- Appear as you are, be as you appear. – Rumi
- I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become. – Carl Jung
- When you see a mob doing something, it should make you less likely to do it yourself, not more likely. – Paul Graham
- You eliminate competition by being yourself. – Dan Go
- The world just wants your authentic truth. – Gabby Bernstein
- This above all: to thine own self be true. – William Shakespeare
- Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. – John F. Kennedy
- I would rather die having spoken in my manner, than speak in your manner and live. – Socrates
- A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it. – G.K. Chesterton
- You, being yourself, unknowingly inspire others to be themselves. – Mooji
- You want to be uncommon amongst uncommon people. Period. – David Goggins
- I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings. – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- The imitator dooms himself to hopeless mediocrity. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself. – Peter Thiel
- They laugh at me because I’m different; I laugh at them because they’re all the same. – Kurt Cobain
- Large groups are no place for smart people. – Naval Ravikant
- Conformity gets you nowhere. – Neil Strauss