As one of the most fundamental symbols, light means the source of goodness and the ultimate reality. It is related to illumination, intelligence, and the divine.
Instead of darkness, you should let your light shine from within and see the light out in the world. Powerful light quotes will help you spark of joy, happiness, love, and inner peace in your life.
If you’re searching for awesome encouraging quotes and motivational letting go quotes that perfectly capture what you’d like to say or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of insightful dream quotes, important winning quotes and uplifting stay strong quotes.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars. – J.R.R. Tolkien
Nothing can dim the light that shines from within. – Maya Angelou
As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way. – Mary Anne Radmacher
Who is more foolish, the child afraid of the dark or the man afraid of the light? – Maurice Freehill
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. – Plato
Let light shine out of darkness.
What is to give light must endure the burning. – Eleanor Roosevelt
Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. – Chinese Proverb
To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are. – Roy T. Bennett
There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights. – Bram Stoker
But my darling, there’s no such thing as the light at the end of the tunnel, you must realize that you are the light.
Give light and people will find the way. – Ella Baker
Firelight will not let you read fine stories but it’s warm and you won’t see the dust on the floor. – Irish Proverb
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. – Aristotle
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. – Martin Luther King Jr
In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present. – Sir Francis Bacon
We cannot hold a torch to light another’s path without brightening our own. – Ben Sweetland
Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance. – Roy T. Bennett
Sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is a train. – Charles Barkley
Within you is the light of a thousand suns. – Robert Adams
He whose face gives no light, shall never become a star. – William Blake
Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space. It does not seek anything in return; it asks not whether you are friend or foe. It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished. – Michael Strassfeld
He has those kind eyes that shone with the light of everything will be ok. – Atticus
Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself. – Desiderius Erasmus
Lethargics are to be laid in the light and exposed to the rays of the sun for the disease is gloom. – Aretaeus
Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light. – Madeline L’Engle
Live in rooms full of light. – Cornelius Celsus
May your feet ever walk in the light of two suns… and may the moon shadow never fall on you… – Robert Fanney
We are all broken, that’s how the light gets in. – Ernest Hemingway
Your path is illuminated by the light. Yet darkness lets the stars shine bright. – J.L.W. Brooks
We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light. – Evelyn Dunbar
A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Inspirational Light Quotes on Life, Happiness and Success
- You can’t have a light without a dark to stick it in. – Arlo Guthrie
- It’s not easy to be Light when you’ve been Dark. It’s almost too much to ask anyone. – Macon Ravenwood
- Be the light that helps others see.
- Light itself is a great corrective. A thousand wrongs and abuses that are grown in darkness disappear, like owls and bats, before the light of day. – James A. Garfield
- There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. – Edith Wharton
- Pointing to another world will never stop vice among us; shedding light over this world can alone help us. – Walt Whitman
- Light up the darkness. – Bob Marley
- Light is to darkness what love is to fear; in the presence of one the other disappears. – Marianne Williamson
- People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world. – Oprah Winfrey
- Travel light, live light, spread light, be the light. – Yogi Bhajan
- Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. – Maori Proverb
- Darkness will always try to extinguish the light. The light will always try to repress the darkness. – Morgan Rhodes
- Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light. – Sogyal Rinpoche
- The hero is the one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by. The saint is the man who walks through the dark paths of the world, himself a light. – Felix Adler
- Following the light of the sub, we left the Old World. – Christopher Columbus
- In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. – Aaron Rose
- Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- After darkness comes the light. – Cornelius Nepos
- His high endeavors are an inward light That makes the path before him always bright. – William Wordsworth
- If light is in your heart, you will find your way home. – Rumi
- A sensible man will remember that the eyes may be confused in two ways – by a change from light to darkness or from darkness to light; and he will recognize that the same thing happens to the soul. – Plato
- It’s not necessary to blow out your neighbor’s light to let your own shine. – M.R. Dehaan
- There is no darkness so dense, so menacing, or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by light. – Vern P. Stanfill
- When the Sun of compassion arises, darkness evaporates, and the singing birds come from nowhere. – Amit Ray
- I shine with love and light in every moment.
- Light is the symbol of truth. – James Russell Lowell
- You can owe nothing, if you give back its light to the sun. – Antonio Porchia
- People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. – Carl Jung
- It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- If you are the light, you cast away the darkness. – ManHee Lee
- The light shines in the darkness and the darkness comprehended it not. – Bible
- Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light. – Norman B. Rice
- We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are. – J. K. Rowling
- We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine. – Dwight L. Moody
Best Light Sayings to Become Awakened
- Happiness is always there. You just have to choose to see it. There’s no point dwelling in the dark and ignoring the light of the stars. – Carrie Hope Fletcher
- Light attracts light. – Warsan Shire
- The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming train.
- The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness. – Vladimir Nabokov
- A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside. – Denis Waitley
- Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness. – Desmond Tutu
- To light a candle is to cast a shadow. – Ursula K. Le Guin
- From within or from behind, a light shines through us upon things, and makes us aware that we are nothing, but the light is all. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The artist vocation is to send light into the human heart. – George Sand
- To love beauty is to see light. – Victor Hugo
- At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. – Albert Schweitzer
- Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark. Begin at the beginning. Tell Gregory a story. Make some light. – Kate DiCamillo
- An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.
- If there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person. If there is beauty in the person, there will be harmony in the house. If there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation. If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world. – Chinese Proverb
- Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse while all the others were making ships. – Charles Simic
- Love is not consolation. It is light. – Simone Weil
- All of the lights of the world cannot be compared to a ray of the inner light of the self.
- Light can be gentle, dangerous, dreamlike, bare, living, dead, misty, clear, hot, dark, violet, spring like, falling, straight, sensual, limited, poisonous, calm and soft. – Sven Nykvist
- My first memory is of light — the brightness of light — light all around. – Georgia O’Keeffe
- Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light. – Brene Brown
- Someday perhaps the inner light will shine forth from us, and then we’ll need no other light. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- The people who love you will guide you like bright lights into the other worlds. – Josephine Angelini
- See the light in others and treat them as if that is all you see. – Wayne Dyer
- We are indeed the light of the world–but only if our switch is turned on. – John Hagee
- What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl
- How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world. – William Shakespeare
- Shine your own light. Follow your own path.
- In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don’t. – Blaise Pascal
- The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen. – Shannon L. Alder
- Listen to the inner light; it will guide you. Listen to the inner peace; it will feed you. Listen to the inner love; it will transform you. – Sri Chinmoy
Famous Light Quotes About Humility, Hope & Truth
- There are two kinds of light – the glow that illumines, and the glare that obscures. – James Grover Thurber
- Just remember, a dark shadow need light to exist but light doesn’t need darkness to be luminous. – Gwen Hayes
- You may think your light is small, but it can make a huge difference in other people’s lives.
- Sometimes the best lighting of all is a power failure. – Doug Coupland
- For light I go directly to the Source of light, not to any of the reflections. – Peace Pilgrim
- Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you. – John Ruskin
- Light comes to us unexpectedly and obliquely. Perhaps it amuses the gods to try us. They want to see whether we are asleep. – H.M. Tomlinson
- No degree of worldly darkness can extinguish the glow of a soul’s inner light. – Wes Fesler
- We all walk in the dark and each of us must learn to turn on his or her own light. – Earl Nightingale
- When you possess light within, you see it externally. – Anais Nin
- The strongest light is the light that shines within you. Use it to lead the way of your life.
- Most of us are imprisoned by something. We’re living in darkness until something flips on the switch. – Wynonna Judd
- Beauty is a light in the heart. – Khalil Gibran
- Sometimes just looking up and seeing the light is enough. – Terri Guillemets
- Life isn’t just about darkness or light, rather it’s about finding light within the darkness. – Landon Parham
- Keep your flame lit, and you will never feel darkness. – J. Parker
- A man who refuses light will remain in the darkness even by the side of light! – Mehmet Murat ildan
- Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first and is waiting for it. – Terry Pratchett
- May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out. – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Some things in our lives are as constant as the sun and others as fleeting as a shooting star. But we are thankful for all light that brightens our paths. – Terri Guillemets
- Let your light shine. Shine within you so that it can shine on someone else. Let your light shine. – Oprah Winfrey
- Glitter needs light to shine and so do you. – Terri Guillemets
- Be a light unto yourself. – Gautama Buddha
- Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark. – Rabindranath Tagore
- Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. – Kahlil Gibran
- Education is the movement from darkness to light. – Allan Bloom
- The stars are the streetlights of eternity.
- Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. – Helen Keller
- I will love the light for it shows me the way. Yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. – Og Mandino
- In Light there is Dark, and in Dark there is Light. – Kami Garcia
- The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness. – Brian A. McBride
- If a man is to shed the light of the sun upon other men, he must first of all have it within himself. – Romain Rolland
- I warn you; the trip will not be easy. Once you choose to walk in the light, your path will lead you places you do not want to go. – Dave Wolverton
- Man reading should be man intensely alive. The book should be a ball of light in one’s hand. – Ezra Pound
- Look at light and admire its beauty. Close your eyes, and then look again: what you saw is no longer there; and what you will see later is not yet. – Leonardo da Vinci
- The more light you allow within you the brighter the world you live in will be. – Shakti Gawain
- We went down into the silent garden. Dawn is the time when nothing breathes, the hour of silence. Everything is transfixed, only the light moves. – Leonora Carrington
- Either all lights are turned off or one inner light is missing. – Dejan Stojanovic
Beautiful Quotes About Light
- There’s a sorrow and pain in everyone’s life, but every now and then there’s a ray of light that melts the loneliness in your heart and brings comfort like hot soup and a soft bed. – Hubert Selby, Jr.
- And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night.
- Never fear shadows. They simply mean there’s a light shining somewhere nearby. – Ruth E. Renkel
- Light is a reality. Darkness is the absence of that reality. Light is a positive force. Darkness is not a force or a presence or a quantity of any kind. It appears only when light disappears. Light is not dependent upon darkness, but darkness is totally dependent upon light.
- We all walk in the dark and each of us must learn to turn on his or her own light. – Earl Nightingale
- Just as one candle lights another and can light thousands of other candles, so one heart illuminates another heart and can illuminate thousands of other hearts – Leo Tolstoy
- If you knew the meaning of light you would yourself be a light in a dark place.
- There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don’t you? – Rumi
- The path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.
- We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on that’s who we really are. – Sirius Black