Self-worth is about who you are, not about what you do, and the sense of one’s own value or worth as a person. It is is made up of your thoughts, feelings, and opinions of yourself and reflects your own worth.
Thought-provoking self esteem quotes will expand your mindset, and enrich your life by boosting your self-worth.
If you’re searching for best quotes ever to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of quotes on follow your dreams, never give up motivation quotes and wise quotes about change.
Self Esteem Quotes
Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now. – Alan Cohen
Every person is the creation of himself, the image of his own thinking and believing. As individuals think and believe, so they are. – Claude M. Bristol
Make sure you don’t start seeing yourself through the eyes of those who don’t value you. Know your worth even if they don’t.
Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them. – T. Harv Eker
When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life. – Jean Shinoda Bolen
We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far. – Swami Vivekananda
If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone, you have already forgotten your value.
You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it. – Dr. Robert Anthony
Self–care is never a selfish act; it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others. – Parker Palmer
One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go. – Sheila Murray Bethel
Listen to the right people and ignore the wrong ones. People that doubt you, hate you and judge you are never worth your time or attention.
It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. – Sir Edmund Hillary
When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t. – Jodi Picoult
Accept yourself as you are right now. – Lisa Lieberman–Wang
Sometimes all you have to do is forget what you feel and remember what you deserve.
To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. – Oscar Wilde
Never measure your self–worth by what other people think you should have become.
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. – Marilyn Monroe
For once, you believed in yourself. you believed you were beautiful and so did the rest of the world. – Sarah Dessen
No matter what you look like or think you look like you’re special and loved and perfect just the way you are. – Ariel Winter
Self–worth is so vital to your happiness if you don’t feel good about you, it’s hard to feel good about anything else. – Sandy Hale
Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness. – Oprah
To establish true self–esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives. – Denis Waitley
Know your worth. Know the difference between what you’re getting and what you deserve.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. – M. Scott Peck
Your crown has been bought and paid for. Put it on your head and wear it. – Dr. Maya Angelou
Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. – Dale Carnegie
Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self–esteem. We cannot draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth. – Iyanla Vanzant
Never allow yourself to be defined by someone else’s opinion.
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller
Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change. – Shannon L. Alder
Self–worth comes from one thing; thinking that you are worthy. – Wayne Dyer
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson
I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles. – Laurie Halse Anderson
People learn how to treat you based on what you accept from them.
Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have. – Brian Tracy
I’m Dylan. I’m so cool. I want to date myself, but I don’t know how! You want to date me instead? You’re so lucky! – Rick Riordan
Self–worth comes from within.
Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained. – Marie Curie
The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely. – C.G. Jung
When your self–worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it. – Mark Victor Hansen
Inspiring Self-Esteem and Self-Worth Sayings
- You are blessed and highly favored. – Les Brown
- I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence. – Frederick Douglass
- To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. – Tich Nhat Hanh
- Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong. – Peter T. McIntyre
- Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own? – Brigham Young
- Your most important sale is to sell yourself to yourself. – Maxwell Maltz
- Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye. – Helen Keller
- It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being. – John Joseph Powell
- I know what I bring to the table, so trust me when I say I’m not afraid to eat alone.
- I don’t entirely approve of some of the things I have done, or am, or have been. But I’m me. God knows, I’m me. – Elizabeth Taylor
- The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone. – Ayn Rand
- Once you learn how to be happy, you won’t tolerate being around people who make you feel anything less.
- Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself. – Robert Collier
- If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think. – T. Harv Eker
- It’s not my responsibility to be beautiful. I’m not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me. – Warsan Shire
- Always be prepared, always be yourself, and always be honest. That is a good recipe for self–respect, self–love, and self–worth.
- Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. – Norman Vincent Peale
- The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself. – Mark Twain
- Know your worth. Don’t settle for anything less.
- She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. – Ariana Dancu
Powerful Quotes for Self-Worth That Will Make You Stronger
- Wouldn’t it be powerful if you fell in love with yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you happy? This is precisely how much life loves you and wants you to nurture yourself. The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out. – Alan Cohen
- Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life but define yourself. – Harvey Fierstein
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To double your net worth, double your self–worth. Because you will never exceed the height of your self–image. – Robin Sharma
- Low self–esteem is like driving through life with your hand–break on. – Maxwell Maltz
- Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn’t matter anymore. – Laurie Halse Anderson
- Love yourself and love those around you. Take care of yourself and take care of those around you. Lead by example. Give love. Be a part of everything that is great in the world, and in turn there is more love and greatness in the world! Change the world! – Jeffrey I. Moore
- I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself. – Charlotte Brontë
- Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask it. – Ziad K. Abedelnour
- If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person. – Fred Rogers
- When you adopt the viewpoint that there is nothing that exists that is not part of you, that there is no one who exists who is not part of you, that any judgment you make is self–judgment, that any criticism you level is self–criticism, you will wisely extend to yourself an unconditional love that will be the light of the world. – Harry Palmer
- As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster. You have to be whole and complete in yourself. No one can give you that. You have to know who you are; what others say is irrelevant. – Nic Sheff
- If I could give you one gift, I would give you the ability to see yourself as I see you, so you could see how truly special you are.
Top Quotes About Self-Worth To Make You Happier
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. – Marianne Williamson
- You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. – Sharon Salzberg
- Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. – August Wilson
- A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. – Mark Twain
- A person’s worth in this world is estimated according to the value they put on themselves. – Jean De La Bruyere
- Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worthy of the trip. Glenn Beck
- I think that we need to allow words to be words. If my self–esteem and my self–worth linger on words that are used to describe me, then you have a problem in itself. – Philomena Kwao
- Realizing that we’ve surrendered our self–esteem to others and choosing to be accountable for our own self–worth would mean absorbing the terrifying fact that we’re always vulnerable to pain and loss. – Martha Beck
- If a man thinks he is not conceited, he is very conceited indeed. – C.S. Lewis
- You are not your mistakes; they are what you did, not who you are. – Lisa Lieberman–Wang
- If you feel like the beginning of your history is rooted in slavery, that really, I think, messes with your sense of self, your self–esteem, and your self–worth. – David Oyelowo
- I think that Mama June has the greatest self–esteem on the planet. I always say to people, ‘If I had her self–worth, I would probably be ruling the world.’ – Blake McIver Ewing
- Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn’t have the time to sit around and talk about you. What’s important to me is not others’ opinions of me, but what’s important to me is my opinion of myself. – C. JoyBell C.
- It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him. – Abraham Lincoln
- Be yourself. If you water yourself down to please people or to fit in or to not offend anyone, you lose the power, the passion, the freedom and the joy of being uniquely you. It’s much easier to love yourself when you are being yourself. – Dan Coppersmith