Training can help to improve your capability, capacity, productivity and performance. The greatness isn’t just about skill, but also, is about practice. Motivational training quotes encourage you to live the life you’ve always wanted.
If you’re searching for best quotes to live by to share with the people you love or just want to feel inspired yourself, browse through an amazing collection of top dedication quotes, fitness quotes and inspiring commitment quotes.
Top 10 Training Quotes
Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin
Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education. Mark Twain
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. Dr. Seuss
In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn. Phil Collins
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. Mahatma Gandhi
I’m like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath. Fred Shero
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them. Aristotle
It’s in my blood to be around people while I was training. Muhammad Ali
Bodily exercise, when compulsory, does no harm to the body; but knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind. Plato
A system of education is not one thing, nor does it have a single definite object, nor is it a mere matter of schools. Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men. W. E. B. Du Bois
Best Training Quotes
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. Beverly Sills
Confidence comes from discipline and training. Robert Kiyosaki
Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation. Ann Voskamp
I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
If two wrongs don’t make a right, try three. Laurence J. Peter
The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit. Morihei Ueshiba
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants. Isaac Newton
Ignorance of all things is an evil neither terrible nor excessive, nor yet the greatest of all; but great cleverness and much learning, if they be accompanied by a bad training, are a much greater misfortune. Plato
Sixty years ago, I knew everything; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. Will Durant
I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’ Muhammad Ali
To teach a child an instrument without first giving him preparatory training and without developing singing, reading and dictating to the highest level along with the playing is to build upon sand. Zoltan Kodaly
If you want to find the real competition, just look in the mirror. After a while you’ll see your rivals scrambling for second place. Criss Jami
Learning never exhausts the mind. Leonardo da Vinci
Nobody will stop you from creating. Do it tonight. Do it tomorrow. That is the way to make your soul grow – whether there is a market for it or not! The kick of creation is the act of creating, not anything that happens afterward. Kurt Vonnegut
You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself. Galileo Galilei
The most important part of education is proper training in the nursery. Plato
Job training empowers people to realize their dreams and improve their lives. Sylvia Mathews Burwell
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do. Goethe
A man can seldom — very, very, seldom — fight a winning fight against his training; the odds are too heavy. Mark Twain
On the mountains of truth, you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow. Friedrich Nietzsche
It’s all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you’re properly trained. Queen Elizabeth II
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
You are your greatest asset. Put your time, effort and money into training, grooming, and encouraging your greatest asset. Tom Hopkins
There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do. Derek Jeter
One doesn’t become a soldier in a week – it takes training, study and discipline. There is no question that the finest Army in the world is found in the United States. Daniel Inouye
When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge. Terry Bradshaw
A player cannot become a world champion overnight. To become a champion, a player has to sacrifice a lot and to devote much of his time practicing and training. Jahangir Khan
You only ever grow as a human being if you’re outside your comfort zone. Percy Cerutty
Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach. Arnold Schwarzenegger
If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat. Herschel Walker
That human behavior is more influenced by things outside of us than inside. The ‘situation’ is the external environment. The inner environment is genes, moral history, religious training. Philip Zimbardo
Just remember this: No one ever won the olive wreath with an impressive training diary. Marty Liquori
No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. Socrates
Nutrition is important, training is important – but so are rest and recovery, massages, acupuncture. Your body is your temple, and you’ve got to take care of it. Antonio Brown
The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment. Justin Langer
The best training program in the world is absolutely worthless without the will to execute it properly, consistently, and with intensity. John Romaniello
The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt. Max Lerner
Every training session, I work hard to improve my weaknesses and build on my strengths. Antoine Griezmann
Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential. Liane Cardes
You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it. Robert Anthony
Discipline is part of my professional training as a lawyer. Mohamed ElBaradei
The best way to predict the future is to create it. Dr. Forrest C. Shaklee
The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. Vince Lombardi
Many activities and team play participation will give you a training that will prove invaluable later on in life. Walter Annenberg
If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done. Thomas Jefferson
Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body. Arnold Schwarzenegger
Your love for what you do and willingness to push yourself where others aren’t prepared to go is what will make you great. Laurence Shahlaei
I’m not the kind of guy who tries to run between the drops. Sometimes you gotta get a little wet to reach your destination. Erik Fankhouser
Let us cultivate our garden. Voltaire
I train and I go home, and when I’m home, I think about training. That’s my life every day, and that’s it. Conor McGregor
No matter how good you get you can always get better, and that’s the exciting part. Tiger Woods
You must respect people and work hard to be in shape. And I used to train very hard. When the other players went to the beach after training, I was there kicking the ball. Pele
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled. Plutarch
Training programs shouldn’t be designed to deliver competence; they must be dedicated to producing excellence. Serious organizations don’t aspire to be comfortably above average. Brandon Webb
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat. Navy SEAL’s
Passion trumps everything. Dave Tate
Shut up and train.
I don’t care what you used to bench. Serge Ceralde
Right now, your competition is training.
Remember this: your body is your slave; it works for you. Jack LaLanne
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. Muhammad Ali
The best activities for your health are pumping and humping. Arnold Schwarzenegger
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
Most Inspirational Quotes on Training
- You know, I looked at my face in the mirror this morning, and I like being old. My face has more content and when I train in the gym now, I am not training to be strong or handsome – just better than I was yesterday. These days the race is just against myself. Jean-Claude Van Damme
- A fighter, a real strong fighter, should always look dignified and calm, and I believe that any expression of aggression is an expression of weakness. A strong person will not be nervous and will not express aggression towards his opponent. He will be confident in his abilities and his training; then he will face the fight calm and balanced. Fedor Emelianenko
- Humans aren’t as good as we should be in our capacity to empathize with feelings and thoughts of others, be they humans or other animals on Earth. So maybe part of our formal education should be training in empathy. Imagine how different the world would be if, in fact, that were ‘reading, writing, arithmetic, empathy.’ Neil deGrasse Tyson
- It is only through work and strife that either nation or individual moves on to greatness. The great man is always the man of mighty effort, and usually the man whom grinding need has trained to mighty effort. Theodore Roosevelt
- ‘Make in India’ is great, but ‘Make It Happen in India’ is even greater. Make It Happen in India is more than manufacturing. It’s about training, about education, about societal development and automation and engineering. Joe Kaeser
- For me, training is my meditation, my yoga, hiking, biking all rolled into one. Wake up early in the morning, generally around 4 o’clock, and I’ll do my cardio on an empty stomach. Stretch, have a big breakfast, and then I’ll go train. Dwayne Johnson
- Running taught me valuable lessons. In cross-country competition, training counted more than intrinsic ability, and I could compensate for a lack of natural aptitude with diligence and discipline. I applied this in everything I did. Nelson Mandela
- Just remember, somewhere, a little Chinese girl is warming up with your max. Jim Conroy
- A man who dreads trials and difficulties cannot become a revolutionary. If he is to become a revolutionary with an indomitable fighting spirit, he must be tempered in the arduous struggle from his youth. As the saying goes, early training means more than late earning. Kim Jong Il
- I wouldn’t tell somebody that they weren’t a powerlifter because they only bench pressed, or they only bench pressed and deadlifted, but what the hell is wrong with squatting? What are you, afraid? I thought powerlifters were supposed to be big, tough guys. Strap your cock on, leave your pussy at home, put a bar on your back and bend your knees! ‘Captain’ Kirk Karwoski
- I have often said that it’s as complicated as you want to make it. The mentality of ‘just pick up heavy stuff’ will only get you so far. As you improve, your training must evolve. And a lot of guys evolve by trial and error. But that’s extremely inefficient. If you understand the physiology of what you need and you also understand the training effects of different means and methods, you can then apply the right tool for the job. Less trial-and-error. More improvement. Of course, if you’re just interested in average results, there’s no need to put that much effort into it. Mike Tuchscherer
- The meet doesn’t start till the bars on the floor.
- It wasn’t until my late twenties that I learned that by working out I had given myself a great gift. I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can’t be as bad as that workout. Henry Rollins
- Big quads without big hamstrings is like steak without potatoes.
- To be number one, you have to train like you’re number two. Maurice Green
- Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. Jim Rohn
- And what I’m telling you now is not for you to go out and try the same ways I try, or not to even try my technique. Just put it to your personality, put it to yourself, and you develop your workout. Cause those books and things, those are other people’s gimmicks and hypes. Build your own gimmick and hype, and that’ll make you a better powerlifter. Not just doin’ it like James does it, cause if you try to fly off the building like superman you’ll be out there in the middle of the street. James Henderson
- Weight lifting is about lifting the impossible, overcoming the unachievable. If you don’t lift things that are hard, and only do the things you can do, it’s only going to get boring. Unless you want to lift beyond your limits to get stronger, to achieve new goals, and to be satisfied, you got to lift past these challenges, and still lift the things you think are impossible to really understand how your true strength will show. lift how I lift, see how I lift, watch how I lift, learn how I lift, and your true strength will come forth and be revealed. Chasers Holmes
- To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. Buddha
- That’s a good weight…for a small woman. Dorian Yates
- Most power lifters share some common defects, as a whole for whatever reason, LOVE to punish, beat and torture ourselves beyond the limits of mind and body. It is our spirit that prevails. This defect of intelligence and sensibility pushes us onto the next level, makes us better and stronger. We all have lifted sick and badly hurt, when this subject comes up with normal people and other meatheads, we all have the prideful smile when we talk about lifting with a 100 degree temperature or a torn groin. Thank God that therapy doesn’t work on us. Captain Kirk Karwoski
- I do it as a therapy. I do it as something to keep me alive. We all need a little discipline. Exercise is my discipline. Jack LaLanne
- Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don’t nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight. Ronnie Coleman
- A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs. Joan Welsh
- The pain you feel today is the strength you’ll feel tomorrow.
- Don’t ask for a light load, but rather ask for a strong back.
- I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan
- The difference between someone who is in shape, and someone who is not in shape, is the individual who is in shape works out even when they do not want to.
- The only easy day was yesterday. Navy SEALS
- What good is it to look like Tarzan and play like Jane? John Welborn
- Have you ever noticed an athlete in the weight room who is built like Tarzan, yet lifts weights better suited for Jane? Yet, there are other athletes who are every bit as strong and functional as they look. Joe DeFranco
- Through the years, I have combined meditation, action, and the Iron into a single strength. I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind. Henry Rollins
- The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character. Arnold Schwarzenegger
- No pain, no gain.
- Stimulate don’t annihilate. Lee Haney
- One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life.
- Light weight … Yeah buddy! Ronnie Coleman
- Curl in the squat rack and die!
- You want me to do something… tell me I can’t do it. Maya Angelou
- I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. Bruce Lee
- Intensity builds immensity. Kevin Levrone
- You’re gonna have to go through hell, worse than any nightmare you’ve ever dreamed. But when it’s over, I know you’ll be the one standing. You know what you have to do. DO IT! Duke (Tony Burton), Rocky IV
- A lifetime of training for just ten seconds. Jesse Owens
- Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase. Joseph Pilates
- Anybody that ever tells me that I can’t do something – that’s just more fuel to my fire. I love it when people say ‘oh you can’t do this, you can’t do that,’ because they’re the ones that make me do the extra rep, to throw the extra 10lbs on the bar, they’re the ones that, when I step on stage, I want them right alongside me so I can just destroy them on stage. Guy Cisterino
- When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no ‘I’ll start tomorrow.’ Tomorrow is disease. V.L. Allinear
- An hour of basketball feels like 15 minutes. An hour on a treadmill feels like a weekend in traffic school. David Walters
- For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer. Arnold Schwarzenegger
- When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot become manifest, strength cannot be exerted, wealth is useless, and reason is powerless. Herophiles
- If it weren’t for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn’t get any exercise at all. Joey Adams
- Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. Edward Stanley
- Each workout is like a brick in a building, and every time you go in there and do a half-ass workout, you’re not laying a brick down. Somebody else is. Dorian Yates
- Most of us think we don’t have enough time to exercise. What a distorted paradigm! We don’t have time not to. We’re talking about three to six hours a week – or a minimum of thirty minutes a day, every other day. That hardly seems an inordinate amount of time considering the tremendous benefits in terms of the impact on the other 162 – 165 hours of the week. Stephen Covey
- To feel strong, to walk amongst humans with a tremendous feeling of confidence and superiority is not at all wrong. The sense of superiority in bodily strength is borne out by the long history of mankind paying homage in folklore, song and poetry to strong men. Fred Hatfield
- If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end. Julius Erving
- What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn’t think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know. Arnold Schwarzenegger
The Facts About Training
- What is the purpose of training and development?
The purpose of the training is to facilitate learning and development. Expedite acquisition of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for effective performance.
- What are the objectives of training?
An immediate objective of training is to give you the skills you need to achieve your goals.
- Is training necessary?
There is a need to gain knowledge or to learn new skills in order to reach your dreams.