Before reading quotes about family, let try to find the answer to the following question: Why family is so important in our life?
You certainly didn’t ask for them, and you can’t trade them, but out of the billions of human beings on our planet, they’re the ones who know you best. They’re the ones who cherish you, and whom you should cherish in return – whether they’re your biological family or otherwise, the family isn’t always about your blood relations. Family quotes can help us to remember these facts.
Families provide individuals with an important support system, not just during childhood but throughout life, and they provide society with a structure for passing along a culture’s values from one generation to the next. Both of these roles are crucial for a culture to maintain consistency as decades and centuries go by.
They are the people who accept you for who you are, who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what. The family is one and only place where your life begins and love never end.
Even though it is easy to forget at times, the family is the most important thing in the world. This could mean your mother, your father, your siblings, your spouse, your grandparents, your aunts, your uncles, your cousins, your in-laws – but for some, it is simply those with whom we share unconditional love.
Of course, families are complicated – these deep relationships can carry lots of baggage and hurt as well. Given their complexity and importance in our lives, it’s no wonder that throughout the course of history, people from all walks of life have pondered the complexities and conundrums of familial love. Check out these quotes on family for musings about the complicated nature of our family ties.
If you’re searching for the best sayings and images to share with your family members to show your love… look no further! From the sweetest my daughter quotes, I love you sister, dad quotes, and quotes about brothers, we’ve got you covered.
Quotes About Family
I love my mother as the trees love water and the sunshine – she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. tweet
Together forever, never apart. Maybe in the distance, but never in heart.
“You can never control or change how others think, feel or act. You can only change how you think, feel and act and lead by example.” – Celestine Chua
“Family and Friends are hidden treasures; seek them and enjoy their riches.” – Wanda Hope Carter
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
“My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
“When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching — they are your family.”― Jim Butcher
“Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
“Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.” ― Ann Brashares
Short Family Quotes
We do for them willingly, what they’d do for us freely. But in times when words have left you with no verses to express your sympathy and sentiments just recall these family love quotes and pick the one that expresses best what you want to say.
You can find a lot of family sayings in several publication media, made easily accessible for everybody because lots of like-minded individuals know there’s a growing need for them. Start expressing your feelings with these quote about family. You don’t have to think of unique words to say what you really feel, with just these sayings about the family you may well have said enough. Let send message to mom and express your gratitude.
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie
- “When your mother asks, ‘Do you want a piece of advice?’ it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Family quarrels are bitter things. They don’t go according to any rules. They’re not like aches or wounds, they’re more like splits in the skin that won’t heal because there’s not enough material.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “There’s nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or happier. Or more exasperated. Or more… secure.” Jim Butcher
- “You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
- “Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we’re related for better or for worse and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.” – Rick Riordan
- “After a good dinner, one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.” – Oscar Wilde
- “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” – Mark Twain
- “The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended and not to take a hint when a hint isn’t intended.” – Robert Frost
- “No man has ever lived that had enough of children’s gratitude or woman’s love.” – William Butler Yeats
- “Family is the most important thing in the world.” – Princess Diana
- “When she can’t bring me to heal with scolding, she bends me to shape with guilt.” – Libba Bray
- “At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable.” – Mark V. Olsen
- “The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst.” – Marge Kennedy
- “Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.” – Sam Levenson
- “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.” – David Ogden Stiers
- “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” – George Moore
- “When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching – – they are your family. ”– Jim Butcher
- “All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”– Leo Tolstoy
- “Govern a family as you would cook a small fish – very gently.”– Chinese Proverb
- “Spare the rod and spoil the child – that is true. But, besides the rod, keep an apple to give him when he has done well.”– Martin Luther
- “One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be family.”– Jonathan Foer
- “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.”– John Bowring
- “Family is not an important thing, it’s everything.”– Michael J. Fox
- “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.”– George Bernard Shaw
- “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.”– Jane Howard
- “I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life.”– Barbara Bush
- “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.”– Richard Bach
- “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.”– Mother Teresa
- “My family comes first. Maybe that’s what makes me different from other guys.”– Bobby Darin
- “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.”– George Burns
- “To understand your parents’ love, you must raise children yourself.”– Chinese proverb
- “The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only – and that is to support the ultimate career. ”– C.S. Lewis
- “We do not develop habits of genuine love automatically. We learn by watching effective role models – most specifically by observing how our parents express love for each other day in and day out.”– Josh McDowell
- “Is this what family is like: the feeling that everyone’s connected, that with one piece missing, the whole thing’s broken?”– Trenton Lee Stewart
- “Writers will happen in the best of families.”– Rita Mae Brown
- “One’s family is the most important thing in life. I look at it this way: One of these days I’ll be over in a hospital somewhere with four walls around me. And the only people who’ll be with me will be my family.”– Robert Byrd
- “Family life is too intimate to be preserved by the spirit of justice. It can be sustained by a spirit of love which goes beyond justice.”– Reinhold Niebuhr
- “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.”– Lee Iacocca
- “we must take care of our families wherever we find them.”– Elizabeth Gilbert
- “All families are psychotic. Everybody has basically the same family – it’s just reconfigured slightly different from one to the next.”– Douglas Coupland
- “There is no such thing as fun for the whole family.”– Jerry Seinfeld
- “I sustain myself with the love of family.”– Maya Angelou
- “When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you.”– Guy Lafleur
- “This was the trouble with families. Like invidious doctors, they knew just where it hurt.”– Arundhati Roy
- “Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold.”– Andre Maurois
- “A man should never neglect his family for business.”– Walt Disney
- “The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.”– Confucius
Inspirational Family Quotes and Sayings
Here is only the most inspirational blood doesn’t t make you family quotes we could find on the subject of family. These strong family quotes will touch, inspire and move you. They are fabulous like mother and son quotes, and perfect for your cards, scrapbooks, letters or as reminders about the importance of families.
Wanting a good family quotes to inspire a family member? Feeling homesick and longing for comforting words? Needing some best family quotes to remind you of family ties? Whatever your reasons, you’ve come to the right place for family quotes images. So enjoy!
- Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family. -Mother Theresa
- Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights and our comfort when we occasionally falter. – Brad Henry
- Bringing up a family should be an adventure, not an anxious discipline in which everybody is constantly graded for performance. – Milton R. Saperstein
- Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -Brad Henry
- A man can’t make a place for himself in the sun if he keeps taking refuge under the family tree. – Helen Keller
- I believe in God, family, truth between people, the power of love. -Michael Landon
- When we think of our family, our spouse, parents, or children, let us see them as a gift from God. -Dillon Burroughs
- The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family. -Lee Iacocca
- The best inheritance a parent can give to his children is a few minutes of their time each day. -M. Grundler
- Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home. -Anthony Liccione
- If you want to have a good life, you should focus on your family, on your business, on your dog, on your fun, and you’ll have a good life. -Adam Carolla
- Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family -Anthony Brandt
- When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you. -Guy Lafleur
- A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. – Ogden Nash
- Love your family. Spend time, be kind & serve one another. Make no room for regrets. Tomorrow is not promised & today is short.
- To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right. -Confucius
- The family is the first essential cell of human society. -Pope John XXIII
- The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. -Thomas Jefferson
Family Bonding Quotes
What are you doing with your time today, this week, this month, this year? Are you spending it with your family? An ancient Greek philosopher once said, “Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.” So make sure you are spending your most valuable resource, your time, on your family. Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old family bond quotes, family strength sayings, and quotes about family time, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
“At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict, or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, a parent.” Barbara Bush
Life is a secret lease from God and we should not allow ourselves to be bruised. Family life is our strength and success Joseph Losery
“Listen earnestly to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what. If you don’t listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won’t tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff.” Catherine M. Wallace
Our family is a circle of strength and love…Our family with every birth and every union the circle grows, our family is a circle of strength every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. Harriet Morgan
“If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don’t expose it to the elements. You don’t make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by.” F. Burton Howard
I learned about the strength you can get from a close family life. I learned to keep going, even in bad times. I learned not to despair, even when my world was falling apart. I learned that there are no free lunches. And I learned the value of hard work. Lee Iacocca
“Happiness comes from unselfish service. And happy homes are only those where there is a daily striving to make sacrifices for each other’s happiness.” Harold B. Lee
I Love My Family Quotes
Looking for the best inspirational and wise family quotes and sayings? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled the most comprehensive list of popular, inspiring and simply the best quotes and images about family (and love, happiness, blessing, satisfaction, support it brings).
“Work is work, but family is for life. That’s what really matters to me.” – Akshay Kumar
No family is perfect…we argue we fight. We even stop talking to each other at times, but in the end, the family is family…the love will always be there.
“My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me.” – Michael Imperioli
Just because you give birth to a child doesn’t make you a mother! Being a mother means taking care of your kids, cuddling, watching them grow, watching them play and argue, being there for the good and the bad, and most important showing them your unconditional love every second of every day!
“Seeing the family is a very important part of my weekend.” – Susannah York
“Family is a unique gift that needs to be appreciated and treasured, even when they’re driving you crazy. As much as they make you mad, interrupt you, annoy you, curse at you, try to control you, these are the people who know you the best and who love you.” – Jenna Morasca
You spend years wishing your parents would get off your back, only to realize they’re the only ones who ever really had your back.
“I think family is key, and if you have the love for family, then you have the love for others – and you have unity as a people.” – Marlon Wayans
Famous Family Quotes and Sayings
As most of these famous quotes and sayings about family will tell you, without family, life can be a struggle or a relief depending on what sort of family you have. A supportive family can help you have the confidence to pursue your dreams while the opposite can make you give up before you even start. The standard definition makes anyone who is blood-related family but we like to define family as someone who you will go out of your way to make them happy.
- “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.” » Anthony Liccione
- “Spare the rod and spoil the child | that is true. But, besides the rod, keep an apple to give him when he has done well.” | Martin Luther
- “Govern a family as you would cook a small fish | very gently.” | Chinese Proverb
- “I sustain myself with the love of family.” | Maya Angelou
- “When you look at your life, the greatest happiness is family happiness.” | Joyce Brothers
- “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” | Desmond Tutu
- “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” | Mother Teresa
- “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” » Desmond Tutu
- “If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them.” » Johnny Depp
- “Think of your family today and every day thereafter, don’t let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family.” » Josiah
- “Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones you accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you-you no matter what.” | Unknown
- “When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you.” | Guy Lafleur
- “The capacity for friendship is God’s way of apologizing for our families.” | Jay McInerney
- “You are born into your family and your family is born into you. No returns. No exchanges.” | Elizabeth Berg
- “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” | George Moore
- “In every dispute between parent and child, both cannot be right, but they may be, and usually are, both wrong. It is this situation which gives family life its peculiar hysterical charm.” » Isaac Rosenfeld
- “A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another.” » Buddha
- “I have found the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it.” » Harry S. Truman